Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just wanted to vent about how much I dislike Thursday games
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Just wanted to vent about how much I dislike Thursday games

Nov 10, 2013, 10:29 PM

I wish they would just do away with Thursday night games altogether. The only positive is that it's a single night where your program is pretty much the only feature that evening, but does that exposure really pay dividends? Seems like the negatives (lowered attendance, breaking the regular rhythm to the schedule, taking players out of their normal game day rituals, etc) are far stacked against the positives. I'd love to be there vs GT, screaming my head off and seeing Tajh, Sammy, and the boys in person for one of the last times but the Thursday night time makes that impossible. For all you going to the game, give that extra bit for all of us that can't make it and raise the sound pressure in there to disrupt the bees. Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree 100%

Nov 11, 2013, 10:07 AM

Imagine the scene if we were playing GT on a Saturday in the late afternoon or evening. The Valley would be electric! Hate it that many fans can't take two days off work to be there Thursday night. It sucks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FWIW - GIVE tix to Clemson fans than CAN go.

Nov 11, 2013, 10:12 AM

I always try to do this when I can't attend. There are a ton of people that would love to go who don't get to on a regular basis. I've never had a problem finding folks for this, regardless of opponent...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You don't get control of the game when you're air-balling layups." - Brent Venables

Yea, it's not feasible for me to be there. We go to pretty

Nov 11, 2013, 10:12 AM [ in reply to Agree 100% ]

much all games - but I can't take two days off of work to drive up to Clemson, then go back the following weekend for El Cid, then turn around and go back up the next week for Thanksgiving also. And I'd wager there's a lot of people just like me thinking the same thing.

Re: Agree 100%

Nov 11, 2013, 11:40 AM [ in reply to Agree 100% ]

Agree 120%

You forget about NFL. Not that I'm defending/attacking Thur

Nov 11, 2013, 10:11 AM

sday games, but there is another featured game that night. Not that it matters to me one bit, but there are some people, that when given their choice, will watch NFL over college.

Re: You forget about NFL. Not that I'm defending/attacking Thur

Nov 11, 2013, 12:42 PM

Good point there too. I'd bet that if it's not a school they're affiliated with, a majority of the population would just watch any random NFL game over any random college game. Not true for me personally, I prefer college football, but on the whole viewing slants towards the pros.

Thursdays = MACtion. Big boys play on Saturday***

Nov 11, 2013, 11:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, Tuesdays = MACtion.***

Nov 11, 2013, 11:18 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

How about you guys taking one for the team?

Nov 11, 2013, 11:27 AM

Just one, gatdamit? We got an extra few days that we need to prepare for GT's obsolete, high-school offense.

We also have Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sun, Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri to prepare for our feathered foes from fukville. 14 days to get ready to shove the thumb up their butts.

I think this was scrip ted by Walt Disney. It's a fairy tale come true.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally Agree

Nov 11, 2013, 12:22 PM

I hate Thursday night games. But I am going to this one anyway.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic