Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just so we don't get too exhuberent about football...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Just so we don't get too exhuberent about football...

Jun 2, 2013, 11:11 PM

I re-watched the 2012 GT game, and endured our performance until 13 minutes to go in the 4th. Then we played some dang good football. But - we really didn't appear to be all that much better than a GT team that had just been handed their azzes at HOME the week before by MTSU.

I also watched part of the FSU bowl game, and I think all of their OLine is returning. They have some dang good players. It will be a battle when they come to town.

I don't need to watch the SUCK game to know that we could lose to them again.

Not really trying to be a negative Nancy, but Nuk was a force on last year's team, and he's gone. I hope Sammy and others step up. Nuk was freaking awesome.

I'm thinking we go 9-3 or 10-2. I just don't see 11-1 or better unless our D starts to dominate some teams. As good as our O is, our D is going to have to start winning some games for us.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More negativity….

Jun 2, 2013, 11:18 PM

Our defense will be much improved this season, that began last year with the LSU game. Sorry, but we ain't losing to SCU. SCU has to replace about 7 or 8 defensive starters, with players who aren't coached by Ellis Johnson. FSU will be playing a RS freshman at QB, and Jimbo Fisher still hasn't gotten FSU back to powerhouse status. By the way, in case you didn't know, we are kind of loaded at receiver, Watkins, Bryant, Peake, Adam Humphries, Germone Hopper.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thanks ALL IN! agree completely!***

Jun 2, 2013, 11:23 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: More negativity….

Jun 2, 2013, 11:45 PM [ in reply to More negativity…. ]

Yeah, no reason to be negative guys. Our defense and performance against SC the past few years has BEEN JUST SPLENDID!

Seriously. I want to see a dominant defense for consecutive games. And I want to see the coaches not crap the bed against South Carolina before I'm ready to say I'm not worried about the things the OP mentioned.

For the record, I do believe things will be better this year. But the justifications of why we'll beat SC and why our defense will be better are eerily similar to those of years past.

Just want to SEE IT consistently before I'm willing to cast aside all negativity, though. I.e. the way our defense played against LSU should be the norm, not the exception.

LSU was weak on O exactly where we needed them to be.

Jun 3, 2013, 7:21 AM

Same with VT the year before. Our secondary will have to improve for us to be solid on D week in and week out.

The good news is we have help coming. If Coach Reed can get them ready to play, we can be better on D. At this point, there is reason for optimism, but we'll have to wait and see whether we're actually improved. I would like to think we are simply by virtue of getting Jenkins and Breeland back. We missed them last year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I expect the defense to be improved next year

Jun 2, 2013, 11:21 PM

I don't know about shutting down anybody, but much improved none the less.

BV did more with less last year than Kevin Steele did the year before last, so as of right now, it appears we have a pretty nice coaching upgrade. Plus we're getting major help in the secondary and the defense already here should be improved simply for understanding the system more now in the second year.

As of right now, I'm confident that the defense will be improved from last year, the question is how much. The good thing is that with our offense, we don't necessarily need a shut down defense (although that would be nice)

With our offense, all we need the D to do is be average….

Jun 2, 2013, 11:27 PM

that being said, I think by the end of the year our D will be good.

LSU win got us over the hump! Now confident we can

Jun 2, 2013, 11:22 PM

beat anybody! GO TIGERS - Getting tickets for Pasadena!

It will all come down to the FSU, SC, and the BCSC games.

Jun 2, 2013, 11:24 PM

I don't put much stock in the GT game as they play a very different offense than the rest of our opponents.

Get past FSU and South Carolina and we sail into the BCS championship undefeated.

This is out best football team in 30 years.

Re: Just so we don't get too exhuberent about football...

Jun 2, 2013, 11:26 PM

We could easily lose to UGA and FSU

Also the chickens hardly ever lose at home.....Plus they have destroyed us 4 straight seasons, can't understand how folks write that in as a win for us

I predict 9 wins

I predict 6 wins for you coots***

Jun 2, 2013, 11:28 PM

Re: I predict 6 wins for you coots***

Jun 2, 2013, 11:30 PM

Coots have an easy schedule by SEC standards

I hope we beat them but just don't see it if recent history is any indication

Dabo simply gets outcoached by the old ball sack every time

Jun 2, 2013, 11:35 PM [ in reply to I predict 6 wins for you coots*** ]

If South Carolina wins fewer than 9 games this year that will be pretty bad. They play in the "rough, tough SEC" but their in-conference schedule is pretty weak except for Florida and Georgia, and their OOC schedule is a joke with the exception of that last game.

Jun 3, 2013, 2:58 AM

UNC, UCF, Coastal C, CU seems like a nice OOC schedule. It's not the toughest, but it's hardly a joke.

Didn't you predict 6 wins for them last year?***

Jun 5, 2013, 10:23 PM [ in reply to I predict 6 wins for you coots*** ]

No sane fan

Jun 2, 2013, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Just so we don't get too exhuberent about football... ]

Would treat UGA,FSU, or USC as gimme's. But all 3 are also winnable.

Too many things can happen in any of those games that predictions this far in advance seem fruitless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No sane fan

Jun 2, 2013, 11:32 PM

Agreed could easily lose all 3. Would say we probably beat FSU but lose to UGA and SC

Hopefully I'm wrong

Jun 2, 2013, 11:33 PM

I agree. You can't just look at that schedule and not have a few teams scare you. Florida State recruits really well and eventually will have that breakout season that everyone expects. South Carolina is still a very good program and Georgia is as well. I am looking at the Bulldogs first, and then at SC State. I won't predict anything in terms of a record but I see Chickfila Bowl or Orange Bowl in the future. I'd love a National Title game, but teams really need a lot of pieces to fall into place to make it to that game, unless your name starts with "A" and ends with "Labama."

Jun 3, 2013, 12:08 AM

First a VISION, then BELIEVING, last NO DOUBT will give us a better and a greater chance to reach our optimum goal. a NATIONAL CHAMPION! The least doubt from one player can cost a the ball game. Yes many negative things can and will happen througout a football game, but why not start with the high road mind set. (MUST BELIEVE AND YOU CAN ACHIEVE). PS: CHAMPIONS START WITH A POSITIVE VISION, WITHOUT SELLING THEMSELVES SHORT WITH A DOUBTING OUT LOOK ON THEIR FUTURE PROGRESS. ALL-IN NO DOUBTS! GO TIGERS!

I worry more about losing AE than Nuk. He was a heck of a

Jun 3, 2013, 1:31 AM

backfield blocker in picking up the blitz, something I'm not convinced Hot Rod can do as well. I also agree with losing Nuk being huge.. where would we have been without him last year? For those who say "look at our receivers," just remember Nuk was doing from his FR year on.

I'm a die hard Tiger, but I'm not predicting jack until I see the first game against GA. Hopefully Hot Rod nails the blocks, hits the holes, Bryant runs crisp routes, Sammy has a chip over his drop off last year, Tajh seals himself as the best Clemson QB ever, and the D is nasty.

Good post by OP, didn't read it as negative either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yea i worry about our RBs

Jun 3, 2013, 5:25 AM

Worst thing for us is we cant find a steady rotation of backs until 3-4 games in and by then it might be too late

Wasn't Hot Rod in the backfield and threw a great block on

Jun 3, 2013, 7:27 AM [ in reply to I worry more about losing AE than Nuk. He was a heck of a ]

the 4th and 16 play? That was pretty good. Just sayin'.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

^^^How is this jokers name not getting deleted??

Jun 3, 2013, 4:14 AM

Trashy.

I prefer cautious optimism, for I believe we have the

Jun 3, 2013, 11:16 AM

potential for an outstanding season yet will have tough challenges, the greatest of which could be over-confidence. Hence, that's why I choose to take one game at a time...as Dabo has suggested repeatedly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2013, 5:34 AM

Lose top running back, top offensive lineman, top wide receiver and top tight end. Nobody wants to talk about that.

As a Coot once said "The coots rarely

Jun 3, 2013, 5:43 AM

lose at home"

63-17!! was IN the cockroach!!

This Tiger team goes into the roach with its best team in 30 years.

Could it happen again??? You bet your A$$ it can!!

Go Tigers!!!

You are correct all players coaches & fans need to bfocused***

Jun 3, 2013, 6:49 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...we are allowing the fine but slim LSU win blind us....

Jun 3, 2013, 8:22 AM

from the fact that we have weaknesses or inexperience or no legit back-up at certain positions...and the D must play with consistency in every game, and not just the LSU game.

Also, Georgia could come into DV and put a spanking on us like Bama did some years ago in Atlanta..and the entire Team tanks for a couple of games.

Saying..let's not get too hyper or confident..or we & the Team could have our arses handed to us on a plate. Let's just keep it cool, hope the Team is doing what it must do this summer..and I think Clemson will perform very well.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another Post to Set-Up an "I told you so" Moment

Jun 3, 2013, 8:20 AM

You could go selectively point out weaknesses of any other team. Try being Notre Dame right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1st, middle, and Last

Jun 3, 2013, 8:28 AM

1st Game - UGA
Last Game - USC
Middle Game - FSU

this will ironically bury the notion that we cannot sustain momentum throughout the whole year

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

it's called "irrational exuberance" I believe***

Jun 3, 2013, 8:35 AM

I think you just might get your wish concerning the D.

Jun 3, 2013, 9:45 AM

With a full year under Brent's system, I think there will be a much improved Clemson defense.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2006_nit_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're friends. You laugh, I laugh. You cry, I cry. You jump off a bridge, I get in my boat and save your retarded a$$.

The month of practice between Scar and LSU showed.***

Jun 3, 2013, 1:08 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think most everyone assumes that we will beat every team

Jun 3, 2013, 12:46 PM

again this year that we beat last year. The Ga Tech game is the one that scares me the most, because you're right it was close for most of the game and people are forgetting that.

Also, BC and Maryland will not be as easy to win as last year either. Maryland probably won't be using a LB at QB, and it's away. BC will be much improved I think, but we have them at home.

Despite all that, I don't think we lose an ACC game this year.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic