Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just perused UF boards and many are wanting Spurrier back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Just perused UF boards and many are wanting Spurrier back

Nov 24, 2013, 11:14 AM

Wondering if there's any chance of that happening.....they're saying he's got at least another 5 years of coaching and that's plenty for them.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Let's help 'em out by running him out of Cooterville***

Nov 24, 2013, 11:16 AM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is ego-driven, and he's always said he wants the

Nov 24, 2013, 11:18 AM

SEC title.

Should the Gamecocks back into their division title, then stun the SEC West champ, I wouldn't be surprised to see him hang it up...regardless of the outcome of our game this Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Spurrier is ego-driven, and he's always said he wants the

Nov 24, 2013, 1:11 PM

we need him to stay or they might get someone good like Chad Morris

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just perused UF boards and many are wanting Spurrier back

Nov 24, 2013, 11:19 AM

It would not surprise me one bit. He could ride into town on a white horse and be the Hero. That would fit his personality.

Nov 24, 2013, 11:32 AM

He may win an SECC.Won't be this year.He doesn't have the horses and Mizzou will likely handle A & M at home.Coots are gonna have a miserable Saturday when Clemson and Missouri win.Not gonna be hump day-it will be Tiger day!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he does not win it this year, then he can forget it.***

Nov 24, 2013, 12:11 PM

There's some pretty big coaching shake ups in the next year

Nov 24, 2013, 11:23 AM

or two. A few schools with a lot of espn's money aren't happy about not winning. We all know Dabo only leaves for bama, maybe. There's no way Chad hangs around forever, but with Morris and then Venables, Dabo has proven he can go hire what he thinks he needs.

I hope Venables stays around a while. He's a good, passionate coach that can give us a solid defense. For some reason, schools haven't wanted him for the lead role. I'd love continuity on D.

Morris is replaceable. A lot of people would have success with Tajh and the WRs/TEs we've had recently.

Re: There's some pretty big coaching shake ups in the next year

Nov 24, 2013, 4:08 PM

No way Bama would want Dabo. Where do you get these thoughts?

Can't happen. The UF AD hates Spurrier.***

Nov 24, 2013, 11:49 AM

Re: Can't happen. The UF AD hates Spurrier.***

Nov 24, 2013, 1:12 PM

so do I

Re: Can't happen. The UF AD hates Spurrier.***

Nov 24, 2013, 1:38 PM

I think everyone hates him except the coot fans.

Don't see why he'd leave SCAR for UF when he has things goin

Nov 24, 2013, 1:22 PM

pretty well at SCAR. With Tenn and UF way down the only thing that stands in his way is UGA these days. He doesn't have many years left and people in Cola revere him. Why even deal with renewed expectations at UF when he can be/is the best coach in SCAR history.

usuc is still limited in the recruits they can get,compared

Nov 24, 2013, 2:07 PM

to a florida. south carolina is limited in #'s of d-1 athletes they can get, and always will be. they are second fiddle in this state (never mind what they think, they are)to clemson for s.c. best h.s. talent. and they are WAY down the pecking order to get the d-1 talent out of states like florida,georgia,north carolina and tennessee.sos doesn't much care for the recruiting process and he's at the pinnacle of his success at usuc, and has what to show for it ? i wouldn't count uf out,yet.

IF UF groveled, he might go back. UF would really have

Nov 24, 2013, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Don't see why he'd leave SCAR for UF when he has things goin ]

to kiss his @ss however as that big ego needs to feel superior. He would go back because he is an alum and because his ego was butthurt the last time they did not hire him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: IF UF groveled, he might go back. UF would really have

Nov 24, 2013, 3:05 PM

Florida is Spurrier's alma mater.

I think if they stroked his ego and patched up the damage done he would leave Columbia. I'm sure he likes the challenge that Columbia presents, but… I think he would love to retire a Gator more.

they didn't stroke his ego the last time he wanted...

Nov 24, 2013, 4:51 PM

to go back to Florida. He was contacted about the job and the AD asked him to send in his resume and he refused...said they didn't need his resume and he was dropped from the list. Spurrier told Foley his resume was in the trophy case.

Spurrier withdrew from the coaching search at Florida, which earlier this month fired Ron Zook, who succeeded Spurrier when he left to coach the Redskins in December 2001. Spurrier was contacted by Foley about returning to coach his alma mater, but Spurrier was unwilling to go through a long interview process that Florida President Bernard Machen wanted. When Florida officials asked for Spurrier's résumé, he essentially told Florida officials "to go look in the school's trophy case," a source close to Spurrier said.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A59809-2004Nov18.html

UF doesn't want him back…..

Nov 24, 2013, 1:22 PM

Within the past month a poster had a link to an article about Spurrier going after reporters. In that article it had the story about the reason Spurrier left Florida for the Redskins. Basically, Spurrier kept on losing to FSU and kept on accusing them of cheating. After a while of Spurrier making false accusations, FSU's AD made a joke about Spurrier and the false allegations. Spurrier wanted Florida's Athletic Department and their Athletic Boosters to take on a Don Quixote-esque quest to smear FSU. UF told Spurrier to stop embarrassing the school. After UF told Spurrier that, Spurrier decided to leave UF for the Redskins.

And besides UF can find a much younger coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2013, 1:58 PM

spurrier burned those bridges on the way out of town. Absolutely no chance.

Nov 24, 2013, 2:04 PM

Spurrier and Foley are not friends to say the least. Never happen unless they get rid of AD.

It'd never happened ,he went with the only school that would

Nov 24, 2013, 4:16 PM

hire him. Coots live with the self delusion that any other AD or coach has one once of respect for the sac.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic