Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just how insane those fact checkers are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Just how insane those fact checkers are

Oct 20, 2020, 7:55 AM

Dude post a pic of masks he got with warning, by company, saying does provide ANY protection from covid-19.

Fact checkers says its false cause n95 masks are effective against covid 19. Which this mask is not.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/may/21/facebook-posts/disposable-homemade-masks-are-effective-stopping-a/#sources

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just how insane those fact checkers are

Oct 20, 2020, 8:20 AM

Fact checkers = political hacks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A little misleading

Oct 20, 2020, 8:28 AM

they are just protecting themselves from litigation.

It is REALLY expensive to do the testing and then insurance liabilities make it almost impossible to say that you protect against anything. Even to say "anti-microbial" takes rigorous testing and insurance, legal oversight.

I know this first hand. To say that you protect against anything is almost impossible outside of medical equipment.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know if I'd call it "fact-checking"

Oct 20, 2020, 9:48 AM

But I do believe using that to discredit the wearing of masks during this pandemic is misapplication of the warning.

I feel like for some reason people are just not getting this. My mask does not protect me that much. It protects you a lot. Your mask does not help you that much. But it helps me a lot. I wear one, not because I don't want to get the virus, but because I don't want my friends to get the virus.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just how insane those fact checkers are

Oct 20, 2020, 9:51 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic