Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just heard Finebaum on ESPN radio and he was
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Just heard Finebaum on ESPN radio and he was

Dec 16, 2017, 1:00 PM

remarkably complimentary and deferential towards Coach Swinney. Both he and the mod opined that a couple of years ago, they each thought that 'Bama would call Swinney at the end of Saban's run, and that Swinney would take the job----but no longer. Each said Swinney loved the Clemson community and the community loved him and that they didn't think he'd leave Pickens Co.......Finebaum expressed a great admiration for the job Swinney has done.

Clemson's got it going on right now, and apparently the only people who don't want to admit the Tigers are one of the handful of best programs in the country are all chickenfans.

(apologies if the ESPN radio show was germans....it was the 1st time I'd heard it.)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just heard Finebaum on ESPN radio and he was

Dec 16, 2017, 1:10 PM

Espn has been nothing but good for the Clemson Tigers$

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The tide has turned...

Dec 16, 2017, 1:11 PM

I was just listening to SXM 84 (which I think is ESPNU). Barrett Sallee was gushing over Clemson and talking about how they were going to win it all this year. He said Clemson's DLine was going to dominate Bama's OLine. I almost choked. It kinda feels like a possible sign of the apocalypse when people like Finebaum and Sallee (known SEC homers) are praising Clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

His sidekick Laura Rutledge has called him out several times

Dec 16, 2017, 1:12 PM

about putting the Tigers down in last couple of weeks. She has here head on straight, thankfully.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I heard that also, and Pawl was very effusive; but....

Dec 16, 2017, 1:21 PM

I didn't agree with his crack that Clemson was a "football wasteland" before Dabo got there.

Some lean years yes - BY CLEMSON STANDARDS - but if we were a wasteland, what does that make 100 other programs that have zero National Championships and/or way fewer bowl wins and conference championships? I believe we were an all-time Top 20 college football program BEFORE Dabo became head coach. Dabo's hopefully guiding us towards Top 10 status before he's through.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does Anyone know of a way to find a LINK for this...

Dec 17, 2017, 3:20 AM

Do you happen to know where to find a LINK for this or know the name of the Show and or who the other co-host were at the time he said this? I've tried to find it an I've not had any luck. Even the Sirius Channel-# and an around about time it aired may help? I'd really like to Hear it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance!!!

Dec 16, 2017, 1:26 PM

I agree. Heard his comments on the radio. He was very complimentary of Dabo and the Clemson Tigers. Really enjoyed listening to him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's always liked Dabo. Apparently, his problem

Dec 16, 2017, 1:27 PM

was with some fan/fans who bothered him (on his show, I suppose).

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: He's always liked Dabo. Apparently, his problem

Dec 16, 2017, 1:41 PM

If fans are the case, he should drop his show. I absolutely cringe at some of the folks who call in.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't watch or listen to him.

Dec 16, 2017, 1:48 PM

Still think he's irrelevant, and can't take listening to the people who call in to his show. I only know what I read in articles posted on Tnet.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Re: I don't watch or listen to him.

Dec 16, 2017, 2:54 PM

Oh dear. I wish you hadn’t said that!

He told finebaum that he wouldn't coach at Bama a...

Dec 16, 2017, 4:25 PM

few years back when he was a guest on PF's show. I posted a link to the audio here to settle everyone down but Tnet's drama queens came back within a year trying to discuss the subject.

Dabo made it clear to PF that Bama had screwed him three times on a coaching position and the last contact between Bama and Dabo was Saban offering him a job recruiting about a week before CJ Spiller sign his LOI to Clemson.

I don't know why anyone is confused about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He told finebaum that he wouldn't coach at Bama a...

Dec 17, 2017, 12:49 AM

Saban's first year at Bama was 2007. Cj Spiller was a freshman at Clemson in 2006. Something doesn't add up. Lil Nicky was still in the NFL coaching when Cj signed his Loi.

I heard Dabo day he was offered a job by Saban

Dec 17, 2017, 8:27 AM

but he declined because he had players coming that he had recruited and felt honor bound to stay. (Never said Spiller). Lucky for us Dabo was and is an honorable man who keeps his word. Personally, I can’t imagine Dabo working under Saban. Their philosophies are too different.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2017, 10:03 PM

Finebaum never stops trying to stir the pot at Clemson...

Help on a Link or the Name, Time, Co-host of the Show?

Dec 17, 2017, 3:25 AM

Do you happen to know where to find a LINK for this or know the name of the Show and or who the other co-host were at the time he said this? I've tried to find it an I've not had any luck. Even the Sirius Channel-# and an around about time it aired may help? I'd really like to Hear it. Any help would be greatly appreciated and Thanks in advance!!!

I wouldn't pay any attention to the guy

Dec 17, 2017, 6:53 AM

He does what he is paid to do - which is to be an SEC homer. I understand that, but that doesn't mean that I have to admire it.

He only talks up Clemson to make 'Bama look better. If we win, then he has an excuse. If they win, it means more since he said that we are good.

His comments about Clemson fans are sophomoric. No Clemson fan should take the bait. And, please understand that he will throw that bait out there again. He is simply looking for a reaction from insecure Clemson fans to boost his ratings. Ignore him - now and in the future!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic