Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just "Wow"...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 2,749

Just "Wow"...

Sep 19, 2017, 2:59 PM

Establishing the Run: Every game for most every offense begins the same; You want to establish the run. How about 297 yards rushing, 6.2 yd/car, 4 TDs, spread across 5 players. Feaster and Etienne combined for 190 yards in 16 carries. Choice gained 47 yards and a TD on 4 carries. Fuller faced the toughest downs gaining 34 yards on 10 carries. Kelly Bryant had great success on designed runs but also took 4 sacks to total of 26 yards and 2 TDs.

Offensive Balance: 316yds passing, 1 TD, O Interceptions. 9.6 yards/attempt. We stretched the field. This helped distract the opposing rush defense.

This was dominant: We were once again afforded opportunity to play 3rd and 4th string players. Many played very well. This is while Louisville tried to make the scoreboard look respectable by keeping starters in well after the winning team was clear. I do not have a problem with that – it is that our 2nd,3rd,4th stringers played so well against their starting rotation.

Special Teams was special: Huegel totaled 11 points including a career long 49-yarder but also missed a 42-yarder and had an extra point blocked. Spiers had a great game with 4 punts averaging 51.8 yds/punt. On punt return, I saw good work mostly with one exception; McCloud fielded a punt over his head running towards our end zone, something you are advised never to do. He got away with it. On Kickoff returns, Etienne bobbled ball badly first time but didn’t lose it. He bobbled it a second time but recovered well. That burst he showed rushing was special.

Only real Negative: Muse was guilty of targeting by rule. The good news is no one was hurt. The lesson is to not lead with your helmet. Muse is great prospect that needs to know this is for his safety and others. One game is served as it occurred in the first half.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need to add 2 more negatives

Sep 19, 2017, 3:02 PM

2. Right Side of O-Line is trouble waiting for Kelly...luckily he is elusive enough to escape some of the missed blocks on that side.

3. Tavien Feaster looks like our best back when he has the ball in his hands, but he missed a couple of blocks that make you want to cringe at the way he missed....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIGER BALLS.

Re: You need to add 2 more negatives

Sep 19, 2017, 3:45 PM

I thought the right side of the line looked good once Anchrum took over at RT.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Just "Wow"...

Sep 19, 2017, 3:13 PM

Nolan Turner's open field take down of Lamar Jackson on the goal line stand ...favorite play so far this year for me .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Just "Wow"...

Sep 19, 2017, 3:39 PM

I liked that one too.

I have to say, I'm surprised at the number of times I see players duck their head and I don't mean just our players or even just college players. I see it at every level and while I'm not keeping a list, it feels like I'm seeing it multiple times every single time I watch football. To me, what gets talked about concerning targeting is bass ackwards. While it is very dangerous for the person getting hit, the larger danger is to the person delivering the blow with their head lowered. Spinal cords don't grant do overs.

Replies: 4
| visibility 2,749
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic