Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Just Out of the Kitchen
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,211

Just Out of the Kitchen

Jul 3, 2020, 4:48 PM

It seems as though a chef's work is never done. I've been in the kitchen all afternoon and all I have to show for it is, not one, but TWO beautiful Pineapple Upside Down cakes. After they cool down, I'll plug that hole in the middle of each pineapple slice with a bright red cherry.

Several years ago I tried making my own batter but found the prepared mix is better than what I was making. It's a simple recipe. The prepared cake mix will make two cakes using a 9" cast iron skillet. Most recipes call for one cup of water but I use one cup of the pineapple juice. You will need two cans of sliced pineapples since the 9" skillet requires seven slices and there are ten slices in a can. Add one third cup of vegetable oil and three large eggs and mix

In the skillet, melt about 3/4 of one quarter pound of butter. Add one cup of light brown sugar and stir into a "gooey" mixture. Caution !!! Don't let the mixture crystalize. Add the pineapple slices, six on the outer circle and one in the middle. Pour one-half of the dough mixture over the pineapples. Bake about 30 minutes at 350 F. in a pre-heated oven.

I use pizza pans for the cake. And this is the hardest part for me. Place the pizza pan over the top of the skillet and flip it over quickly. No matter what I do, I can never get it in the center of the pan. Repeat the process for the second cake.

After the cakes have cooled, put a cherry in each pineapple hole.

My neighbor picks up my paper and mail if we are gone for a day or two and I reward him with one of these cakes.

Just do it !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Just Out of the Kitchen

Jul 3, 2020, 4:54 PM

Mr Joe , on social media if you make a food poast you gotta put a pic of the fare on the poast .

I don't make the rules :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Guessing it looks something like this . . .

Jul 3, 2020, 5:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Guessing it looks something like this . . .

Jul 3, 2020, 5:16 PM

Joe, that’s my favorite, but I need to ask, is it keto friendly?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 5:25 PM [ in reply to Guessing it looks something like this . . . ]

I’m calling ‘lucky guess‘....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Jul 3, 2020, 5:34 PM

Where do I go to get a slice?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 3, 2020, 5:42 PM

Come by my house, but hurry, it goes fast.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uncle Bill, it looks EXACTLY like this . . .

Jul 3, 2020, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Guessing it looks something like this . . . ]

fresh out of the oven and cooling . . .

Thanks Joe!!!

Jul 3, 2020, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Guessing it looks something like this . . . ]

Look at that brownest part between the pineapple slices, that's my favorite section.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic