Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Jordan Burch

Nov 22, 2019, 1:58 PM

I was reading a thread on SEC Rant recruiting board and one of the posters said.

"Luginbill said this morning that his mom was mad bc Clemson tried to get him to go to IMG without consulting her first so they were out and it looked like UGA now. TIFWIW"

Anyone else heard anything along these lines?

Link to thread
https://www.secrant.com/rant/sec-recruiting/jordan-burch-5-de-columbia-sc/86003338/page-6/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Jordan Burch

Nov 22, 2019, 2:06 PM

That’s a lie, we have a very go shot at landing Burch. He has kept things under his vest because he is a private person. Nothing has changed as for as us having a great shot to land him.

No matter where he chooses to go he is a great young man who values his friends and family.

Nobody will know where he is going save the coaches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 22, 2019, 2:08 PM

sounds like another kimdiche drama.won't hurt,if we stay clear.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

there has been zero drama ***

Nov 22, 2019, 2:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: there has been zero drama ***

Nov 22, 2019, 8:53 PM

more about mama controlling the recruiting process than drama.i'd rather see the young man making his own decisions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Agree

Nov 22, 2019, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

I was having a conversation with another fan at the game last weekend and we both agreed that, for some reason, Burch felt like another Nkemdiche situation unfolding.

We both also agreed that we were probably way off base (and hoped we were). But there's just a feeling… something doesn't seem right here.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 3:37 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

I started a thread the other day about my Burch reservations, wasn't well received... But I agree

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Totally wrong on that, Burch is the epitome of no drama!

Nov 22, 2019, 2:24 PM

They're also claiming he's a silent to LSU. I don't believe that at all. That IMG rumor has been perpetuated for the last 6 months.
I find it hard to believe any of that nonsense considering how silent the burch camp has been during his recruitment.

Nov 22, 2019, 2:26 PM

Since he attended the All In Cook Out in July....I'd say this is BS.

And, does that sound like Dabo's or this staff's MO for recruiting? Not to me.

Nov 22, 2019, 2:27 PM

I don't see Dabo and his staff doing that. Just talk is the way I see it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why would Clemson care if he attends IMG...

Nov 22, 2019, 2:30 PM

I don't think the staff really cares where he plays in high school. It's more important to build the relationship and get him on campus with his family.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Why would Clemson care if he attends IMG...

Nov 23, 2019, 11:02 AM

There are 2 reasons that Clemson might want him to go to IMG. First getting him away from Hammond and Muschamp's son would not be a bad thing. Second, if the coaching staff felt like they had the inside track to him, his player development would likely have been better at IMG.

The thing is why would they have tried to go around his mother. The coaching staff knew that she would have the ultimate say, so it makes no sense to me that they would try to go around his mother. I just think that it is a case where there is no news, rumors and speculation take over the news.

Nov 22, 2019, 2:32 PM

Nope...that story is twisted around...a caller called into xm84 recruiting show with that made up story Tuesday night and TL called him out on it...so it was a caller that told that story

Yeah that sounds like a lie. I’ll take the demonstrated

Nov 22, 2019, 2:32 PM

track record of this coaching staff over the past decade being respectful of the family over some SEC Rant nobody who says that the ESPN guy made the claim.

null

Nov 22, 2019, 2:36 PM

Luginbull got that from some one who called into his SiriusXM show claiming to have "inside information" a day or two ago.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Either way. If he commits to us, Great!

Nov 22, 2019, 3:40 PM

If he doesn't, we'll still be playing and winning Championships..

Re: Either way. If he commits to us, Great!

Nov 22, 2019, 5:35 PM

Barry Switzer’s recruiting pitch at Oklahoma was “If you come to OU we are gonna win conference championships, play in major bowl games and compete for national championships. If you don’t come to OU we are gonna win conference championships, play in major bowl games and compete for national championship.”

Nov 22, 2019, 4:51 PM

All Burch has done is keep things under wraps. I admire him for doing so rather than playing the prima donna like so many other recruits do. I have no idea where he is going but I hope he wants to be a Clemson Tiger.

Apparently Simpson would like to come to Clemson but he has not received an offer. He would probably be an over-sign but the whole situation leads me to believe we have some silent commits or our staff has a strong feeling about one or two other top prospects.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 6:44 PM

Hope we get him. Hope we get ALL the 5 stars but I'm calling it, 4 years from now Myles Murphy will be the higher draft pick. He is a better defensive end. Book it.

Nov 22, 2019, 7:12 PM

Right now Flowe isn’t a DE. He’s an off the ball OL. Not sure where his body maturation will project in 4.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2019, 7:15 PM

Disregard. Was just reading the Flowe thread and apparently forgot where I was. Now that’s settled, I completely concur.

Nov 22, 2019, 7:52 PM

Sounds to me like they're all saying it's LSU. I'm going to assume that they are wrong.

Nov 22, 2019, 8:31 PM

I just want to add a perspective check about the 2020 class, specifically the D-line:

1. The #1, #3, #5 and #13 D-lineman have committed already. They are Bryan Bresee, Myles Murphy, Demonte Capehart and Tre Williams. Bresee will see time at both tackle and end. Capehart & Williams are tackles. Murphy is an end. This is already an insane group of talent. Probably the best haul of D-linemen ever.

2. Getting Bresee and Murphy together is already outrageous. Both of these guys are probably better than Burch anyway. They are more likely to "hit the ground running" as underclassmen.

3. It would be great if Burch joined the team, but the competition will be intense (which is why I think he's going to LSU). Our D-line will be stellar for several years no matter what.

I really want Jordan Burch at Clemson. Considering how often players are rotated on defense, there is plenty of room for everyone to be happy. But if he goes elsewhere, it's all good.

Justin Flowe is the "must have" non-commit for Clemson. Playing behind a dominant D-line that soaks up blockers, he will have so many highlight hits it will be unfair.

Lastly, if Burch comes to Clemson and outshines everyone from the start, I'll eat crow. But Bresee and Murphy strike me as better prospects.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:36 AM

I disagree that Bresee will see time at tackle and end. Not because he can't but I think that we will be deeper at end. I will certainly agree that the competition will be intense on the line. Ignoring the recruits, XT is a sophomore, Henry is a RS freshman, and Davis is a true freshman. There is Rudolph, Williams, Mascoll, Cash, Jeffries, ET, and Ruke. We still have Kelly and Foster one more year. Yeah, I would say that if you don't like competition, then you shouldn't consider d-line at Clemson.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:43 AM

Cash left Clemson before the season even started and i would count on a couple of those other guys transfering during the spring, especially if we do end up getting Burch.

Nov 23, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Bresee has elite pass rush skills and technique. He will definitely see some time at end. Book it.

Maybe he plays more at tackle (esp as a freshman), but CBV will move him all over the place before it's all said and done.

Nov 23, 2019, 12:58 PM

Agree. No way Bresee doesn’t see snaps at end. Bet CBV moves him all over the line. We are deep at end but some of those 19 guys who came in as ends are moving inside. Ruke already has and I think ET may as well.

Lol, why would we want him to go to IMG?

Nov 22, 2019, 9:18 PM

It makes no sense. Players go there because either they want to boost their profile ( which he doesn't need to ) or they just want to prepare themselves for a little of what college life is like. It doesn't really benefit the college team they end up going to in any way.

This is not to even mention I think we've taken maybe 4 players ( Xavier Thomas, Mike Jones, Shaq Smith and 2020 Demonte Capehart ) from IMG in Dabo's entire tenure. Maybe there is a few others but I can't recall them.

Clemson did want him to go to IMG

Nov 22, 2019, 9:24 PM

to play against better competition than the Private Schhol League. it was uOFsc coaches that lost their minds and stopped that.

Re: Lol, why would we want him to go to IMG?

Nov 22, 2019, 11:01 PM [ in reply to Lol, why would we want him to go to IMG? ]

TJ Chase was IMG I believe.

Well, if he IS a momma's boy

Nov 23, 2019, 9:33 AM

we wouldn't want him anyway. Already had to get rid of a couple of those over the past few years.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic