Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jordan Burch
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Jordan Burch

Mar 20, 2019, 2:52 PM

Jordan Burch, SDE from The Hammond School (Columbia, SC) is a 5 Star & the #8 Recruit in the country. How rare is it that a SCISA player be that highly rated? He's a Top 10 Recruit and the #1 Player in SC (247 Sports). Has anyone from a SCISA school ever done either of those?

It could happen all the time; I just dont know and am curious.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Jordan Burch

Mar 20, 2019, 2:54 PM

2019 RB recruit Michael Dukes was SCISA I believe and a 4*

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dukes was a 3 Star, but that's kind of what i'm getting at

Mar 20, 2019, 3:20 PM

Most people were saying that the Dukes is a consensus Blue Chip talent, but because he played SCISA ball, he was only a 3 Star. That's what makes Jordan Burch so intriguing. 5 Star, #1 in SC, #8 Overall, #1 SDE

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Re: Dukes was a 3 Star, but that's kind of what i'm getting at

Mar 20, 2019, 6:18 PM

You make a great point it is very rare to see that atleast here in S.C. other player for clemson the Late Gaines Adams. I remember he played 8-man football at Cambridge academy in greenwood S.C. I don’t think he was rated high as recruit it was very early in the star system and I’m pretty sure he went to a prep school after Cambridge or something like that b4 arriving at Clemson. He ended up being awesome for clemson and a Top 5 draft pick for Tampa. I remember as a kid watching him play WR for Cambridge and be dominated, it was awesome to see. I’m not trying to say you or wrong or anything like that just recalling Adams. Burch being that highly rated is a statement to his talent and I really hope we land him. I love to get the elite homegrown kids, I hated missing out on Clowney and would have love to get Pickens last year but can’t get them all, Pickens wanted early playing time without having to battle the elite talent we have already. Burch fits Clemson’s culture perfectly from what I’ve read about him. Go Tigers!!!

Mar 20, 2019, 3:06 PM

Private school football often is really good. That is not the case in SC. In most cases, college coaches ignore SCISA ball all together. Playing SCISA ball REALLY hurt Michael Dukes for example. At the end of the day, it is really hard to evaluate a kid when he is playing against some of the most unathletic kids planet earth has to offer.

That said, Hammond has done well recruiting players from schools in rougher areas. Will we see Burch line up against a player that is college talented? Probably no chance. At the end of the day, recruiting is all about checking boxes. He's the perfect size, amazing speed, quick, long arms etc. etc. I also believe there is pre-Hammond film of him...same deal with Huntley.

This is where the camps are valuable IMO***

Mar 20, 2019, 3:18 PM

Mar 20, 2019, 5:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

We used SCISA as a tune up game...It was always great beating the ever loving pi$$ out of those trust fund kids.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Outside of a handful of schools like Porter Gaud, most

Mar 20, 2019, 9:21 PM

private schools are not comprised of students from wealthy families. Many are just desperately fleeing the public school system - particularly in areas where the local schools are very bad. I went to a podunk private school in SCISA because my local high school was Baptist Hill - one of the worst schools in the entire state.

Mar 20, 2019, 9:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

There was not one “trust fund kid” in my graduating class at a SCISAA school. 27 kids in my graduating class. And i’m Pretty sure no public school of similar size would have “beat the crap out “ of us. The OL and DL averaged 230, all farm boys.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Where did you play ???

Mar 21, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

If I inherit a trust fund when I'm 70 can I count as a trust fund kid?

Mar 20, 2019, 4:57 PM

I'm pretty sure playing football and basketball at SCISAA school in the 80s limited my exposure and contributed to my lack of scholarship offers. Because really the only other reasons I can think of for not getting offers is that I was white, skinny, and slow.

Mar 20, 2019, 5:36 PM

Your race really mattered? Snowflake

Mar 20, 2019, 9:41 PM

He probably eats at Cracker Barrel.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 20, 2019, 9:50 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Talk about snowflake. Good grief butt hurt lib

Mar 20, 2019, 6:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Maybe cause you were white skinny and not good enough?

Mar 20, 2019, 9:49 PM

Annnnnnnd sloooooooow......

You want basketball examples or

Mar 20, 2019, 6:58 PM

limiting it to football?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 20, 2019, 9:30 PM

Zion may not be a football player but he was at a SCISA school in Spartanburg. I’d say he qualifies as elite. Very.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 21, 2019, 3:29 PM

Nowhere near the same thing. Basketball has AAU. That means coaches get to see those kids play against other talented kids.

Mar 21, 2019, 9:52 AM

Gaines Adams also played SCISA

There are some players in SCISA that could play at any Public school in SC. Most choose the private school route for the education.

Clemson had a SCISA TE back under Bowden I would say around 03-07 era named Thomas Hunter.

BUT ALSO many of the more well off parents see it as a way for there not so athletic kid to see the field.

Mar 21, 2019, 10:48 AM

Three of our kids went to a SCISA school and it had zero to do with athletics. It had everything to do with education and proved to be an excellent decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 24, 2019, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Jordan Burch ]

Stanton Seckinger was also a SCISA TE

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic