Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Joe Craig: The next Jacoby Ford?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

Jan 16, 2010, 11:53 AM

Clemson speedster Jacoby Ford is taking his talent to the next level, but Gaffney’s Joe Craig is one player that might make losing Ford a little easier on Clemson fans.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Craig: The next Jacoby Ford?

Jan 16, 2010, 12:20 PM

Two themes I see repeated again and again with recruits...

#1) They respond to Dabo.
“Coach Dabo, that is coolest person I have ever met,” Craig said. “He is one of the reasons I chose Clemson. He is an example of someone who is down to earth, but at the same time, everything is business-like. When my house burned down, they all wrote me and told me they were praying for me and they checked on me. That meant a lot.”

We can see why he's always been a great recruiter. He's not trying to be something he's not, and these kids are responding to his enthusiasm, passion and sincerity. And they know from talking to players that it's not just an act that disappears once they come onto campus.

#2) When you get a recruit onto the Clemson campus, it has a tremendous impact.
“To be honest, at first I did not think I would choose Clemson,” Craig said. “Then I went down there, and I started thinking about it. I was really thinking about choosing Georgia, but my family loved it there, and the fans are really into football. It is a small town, and closer to home. I wanted to be closer to home, and not be so far off, so that if people want to come watch me play, they can.”

I don't know if Dabo will be successful in the W-L category, but it's so much fun to root for the guy. I love what he's doing as a new head coach. I can see why CTB pointed TDP toward Dabo...and why TDP gave him the shot. Just like all of us, I want the wins and I want the championships, but I also love the fact that Dabo is creating a unique, positive atmosphere at Clemson.

null

Re: Joe Craig: The next Jacoby Ford?

Jan 16, 2010, 6:27 PM

that video is worthless since over half of it is from the game against my Lexington Wildcats and our football team BLOWS on the defensive side of the ball.

A 6' tall 4.3 forty Jacoby? I think we could live with that.***

Jan 18, 2010, 11:23 PM

Joe Craig just sounds like a good football player name.

Jan 19, 2010, 10:10 AM

So glad he doesn't go by Joseph or Joey. Just Joe.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic