Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jimbo left such a toxic culture behind at FSU I'm not sure..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Jimbo left such a toxic culture behind at FSU I'm not sure..

Nov 3, 2019, 4:19 PM

...anyone could have straighten out those undisciplined thugs in 1-1/2 years...NOT even Dabo. In a way I feel bad for Taggart except about the part about getting $17mil.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimbo left such a toxic culture behind at FSU I'm not sure..

Nov 3, 2019, 4:24 PM

I don’t feel sorry for anyone who is paid $17,000,000.00 for merely sitting on their butt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is FSU's program...and will be in five years...they're

Nov 3, 2019, 4:29 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2019, 4:29 PM

It took Dabo about 8 years to have Clemson where they are right now. I don't even know if Saint Nick(Saban) could do it in under 10 years.
HO!HO!HO!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Such An Under-Reported Aspect Of FSU Currently!

Nov 3, 2019, 4:49 PM

Taggert didn't start at or near the top of the mountain. Yes, they have talent. But, the culture as has been said was terrible. On the field - the OL was one of the worst in all of college football. To succeed there would have taken coach of the year type effort! It was and is in a very low place.

Before Bobby Bowden arrived at FSU they were also very average - people may not know that!

I don't feel sorry for Taggert as 17 mil would ease any pain I was feeling; I just don't think he ever had a chance.

***Let's see how long the next coach gets? Will it be more than a year and a half? Probably! All of a sudden the critics will say: "he needs to be able to get his people/players in place before we judge him"! Why? Taggert didn't have that luxury!

Perhaps this will ultimately be a good thing for Clemson; as FSU, Miami and VT and occasionally Georgia Tech are the only ACC teams the media types respect when good. Should be Pittsburgh as they have 9 claimed National Championships in football.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

**How long did it take Bobby Bowden to make 17 million******

Nov 3, 2019, 4:52 PM

Re: **How long did it take Bobby Bowden to make 17 million******

Nov 3, 2019, 4:54 PM

I’d be pissed if I were Bobby. Bet they never thought about giving Bobby millions for his NC years. WT was paid more not to coach F$U than Bobby was to coach F$U.

Nov 3, 2019, 5:16 PM

The problems Jimbo left behind weren't going to be completely solved in 2 years. But for Taggart to gain no traction in year 2 is not acceptable. He admitted yesterday his players didn't bring it.

Time to move on.

The real head scratcher is why aTm paid Jimbo 72 million

Nov 3, 2019, 6:10 PM

after he destroyed FSU's program the way he did. What on earth were they thinking? What did they base it on? He took over one of the most elite football programs in the country, had what one could say was an expected level of success, then went about running it into the ground.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic