Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE

Dec 19, 2018, 9:18 PM

Choice. Dabo called and talked to him last night and they woke up this morning thinking he was a Clemson commit. Jimmy, his dad really thought he was going to pick Clemson but said Clemson came to the table too late in the game.

In his commit speech he said he loved Dabo and Coach Caldwell but he’d built a long relationship with NE. Certainly can’t get them all but I really hate we missed on this one. Probably wouldn’t have helped in 19 but imo he’d been a starter in 20’.

Go kick some bucknuts jimmy. As for you dad Fritzsche- pack your family up and get the he’ll out of the upstate you frappin trader!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE

Dec 19, 2018, 9:24 PM

I don't see the big deal, he was last ditch effort to get some oline help that may no longer be needed. He was more of a project, was going to require a lot of weight gain and training. I doubt anyone sees this has a huge loss.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 9:41 PM

Not a project. Good pedigree and good technique. He’d have gotten the weight gain but he didn’t need training. I worked with his dad and He starred at Purdue and played for the eagles.

Not saying it’s a huge loss but we could still use a couple more oline this cycle and dline too. If nothing else, you need good players on scout team too. Depth!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you sure we were gonna take him after getting

Dec 19, 2018, 9:55 PM

Boateng? I heard that we basically moved on from him when word came Monday night that Boateng was all in.

Re: Are you sure we were gonna take him after getting

Dec 19, 2018, 9:59 PM

Caddie is correct from everything I have read on multiple sites.

Dec 19, 2018, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE ]

Not sure you follow recruiting. Dabo accepted the kid from Florida and didn’t send the paperwork to the kid from Greenville. I think it’s a simple as the Hanahan kid wanted to play DE, our backup we got and our third option went to Nebraska.

This aside we need to land Putnam tomorrow. Will make the OL concerns go away for another year and 2020 will be a haul of dudes.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:05 PM

Don’t know, I’ll call his dad again and see what he tells me. As best I know, he’s still a stand up guy and fam...

i wish we would have gotten him. I don't know how it

Dec 19, 2018, 11:24 PM

went down, but I do know we went to him very late in the game. Sounds like he didn't want to disappoint the coaches that recruited him to Nebraska. He also probably had his mind set on his situation at Nebraska. I hope he has a good career there and I hope Nebraska can get back in the game too. They have a great fanbase. I enjoyed them greatly at the Orange Bowl Jan 1982. They were classy and you could tell they had been there.

Re: i wish we would have gotten him. I don't know how it

Dec 19, 2018, 11:49 PM

Yep. We had a really nice family of Huskers sitting on the row below and they were very cordial and congratulatory after we won. Told us we obviously loved our football and seemed overwhelming of the following and passion Tiger fans had.

Much better experience than the bucknuts fans at the gator bowl.

Yeah, I’m not sure what happened either. All I can speak about is what his dad said this morning that he was going to Clemson. Who knows.

Sure is a lot of vitriol on tnet anymore. Guess that’s why tigerwoods and bry83? Etc dont post anymore. Who knows- Anyway, see you around. Safe and happy trips if you’re going to the games.

Dec 20, 2018, 2:26 AM

Agree with you. It’s a shame too. TW and TB83 were 2 of my favorite things about the board. There are some good folks left for sure, but lots of bad apples that have made the barrel look pretty rotten. Best to you and your friends’ family. I think Frost will bring them back into the national picture.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Re: i wish we would have gotten him. I don't know how it ]

Your last paragraph is very true.

Dec 20, 2018, 1:56 AM [ in reply to i wish we would have gotten him. I don't know how it ]

Agree 100% here. I 2 sat through that 82 game and they did give us a run for the money. Love throwing me some oranges I must admit...

GO TIGERS !!!!

Dec 19, 2018, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE ]

Definitely not saying anything negative about the family or kid. I wish him well and hope he dominates at Nebraska. What I read that was reported we didn’t send the paperwork because we took Boateng instead.

Dec 19, 2018, 10:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE ]

I wish we would have landed him too.

Dec 19, 2018, 9:28 PM

his dad played at Purdue, he said it was a dream to play in the Big 10. Clemson came in late, that's on us,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Jim was 6'8 and about 315 in the NFL....I would guess

Dec 19, 2018, 9:54 PM

he is about 260 now....

Dec 19, 2018, 9:50 PM

did any one listen to Dabo today? We were only going to take 1 or 2 Oline in this class. We go big on them next cycle, the staff knows what they are doing and all is well. I would rather wait on the ones they really like than taking a flyer, we are better than that!

Dec 19, 2018, 9:59 PM

Guess that’s why Dabo called him up last night and talked to him for a half hour and convinced him to come to Clemson... only to have him back out today.

I’m not saying we won’t be fine without him and I agree it’s his loss. I was merely stating an opinion that I’d hoped he would have come to Clemson. No need to TD that is it?

Dec 19, 2018, 9:51 PM

His loss. We'll be fine

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 10:08 PM

Choice. Dabo called and talked to him last night and they woke up this morning thinking he was a Clemson commit. Jimmy, his dad really thought he was going to pick Clemson but said Clemson came to the table too late in the game.

In his commit speech he said he loved Dabo and Coach Caldwell but he’d built a long relationship with NE. Certainly can’t get them all but I really hate we missed on this one. Probably wouldn’t have helped in 19 but imo he’d been a starter in 20’.

Go kick some bucknuts jimmy. As for you dad Fritzsche- pack your family up and get the he’ll out of the upstate you frappin trader!

You are way off on this--- he passed up the offer last night. He delayed his decision and lost his spot.

Re: Jim Fritzsche- disappointing with his NE- trader?

Dec 19, 2018, 10:18 PM

stocks? bonds? commodities?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2018, 10:28 PM

Starter in 20? His lack of playing time at tackle and statue would make me think otherwise.

If Dabo wanted him, it is fine with me.

I think he's a project and might start as a redshirt sophomore at the earliest.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Hi Mr Fritzsche***

Dec 19, 2018, 10:32 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it worked out for the best for everyone

Dec 19, 2018, 11:37 PM

You can't coach 6'-7" .....he definately had the frame

Dec 20, 2018, 7:53 AM

to build on.

Wish he was in the cupboard , but It is what it is.

Good luck out in ....Nebraska. Ugghhh.

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic