Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jeff Scott, preach on.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Jeff Scott, preach on.

Mar 12, 2019, 10:01 AM

https://twitter.com/coach_jeffscott/status/1105236508720672769

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jeff Scott, preach on.

Mar 12, 2019, 10:02 AM

"its not size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog"

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They used to tell us that in basic training at Parris Island***

Mar 12, 2019, 10:08 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Jeff Scott, preach on. ]

I thought it sounded familiar... just couldn’t remember where.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 12, 2019, 6:02 PM

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love it! And people need to relax!

Mar 12, 2019, 9:34 PM

All those CU fans complaining about our #10 "recruiting ranking" need to read this. Our coaches don't care about the ESPN 300. Or Rivals Composite. Or 247sports. It's about the kid. The player. Their attitude toward working! If they have room to grow figuratively and literally; and that is what kept them from being ranked high: "you can work with that if the kid is a worker"! And, if he is around other kids who are workers and great players!
The culture will bring it out of the right type of kid as they tend to be the: "oh no you don't; your not going to out work me variety"! Which ultimately results in iron sharpening iron! They may have to RS a year or sit the bench a couple years; but the investment will be worth it!

Good post. Thank You!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love it! And people need to relax!

Mar 12, 2019, 9:57 PM

Kudos to Coach Scott and Coach Swinney for finding a few diamonds in the rough... they always do because they are great at recruiting. The Grady’s, Vic’s, Hump, Renfrow, etc... but be honest the Tigernetters who want stars are backed up by data that proves us right. You think we win a natty with a team full of 3 stars?

Maybe Coach Scott will post the same about Nuk, Sammy, MW, DW4, TLaw, Tee, JRoss, Mitch Hyatt, and countless more 4 and 5 stars.

While I believe in every recruit we get, make no mistake that blue chips wins championships and that is proven over and over.

Mar 12, 2019, 10:05 PM

Yeah I love the story of it all but the reality is our team was loaded with 4 and 5 star talent at every starting position. Exceptions being renfrow, Safety, and 2 offensive line spots. Arguably our 3 biggest weaknesses last year. Diamonds in the rough is a thing Clemson is used to...but Trevor Lawrence wasn't the highest rated H.S. QB in the History of recruitment rankings because he had grit.

Mar 13, 2019, 12:53 PM

I might also add if it meant everything then there would be no need to play the games. Just go by who has the best recruits and pencil whip up a score and "BAM"!
But, the game is played on the football field. Between the ears of every kid and the heart of every kid. How much they weigh and how tall they are as well as how fast they are is one thing. But, their knowledge of the game, will, determination and willingness to work on themselves physically(except getting taller) can't be measured!
Our coaching staff will take a guy who is an inch too short to be a 4 star and 10 lbs too light and work with him. Add the weight through S & C and "laugh at the height thing as it gets disproven every year by various players"!

If you think these players have been evaluated to the point they can accurately tell who the better player is: "then let me sell you some beach front property in Nebraska ( who by the way made a living off the walk on player to include winning national titles).
They go mostly by what they hear, camps and physical measurables! Often that doesn't tell the whole story of a kid who may be playing out of position at their H.S. But, to help the team they sacrifice. Look up how many kids are playing. Look up how many they ever rank 5 star each year. Same with 4 star. You would know, "it's only mathematical they miss really good players and rank them lower"!

Georgia and Ohio St. are up there with Bamer when it comes to playoff wins......oh wait....no they aren't. OSU has the one; but they out recruit bamer sometimes. Why aren't they the ones playing for it every year seemingly? Why is it with theirs and Georgia's high recruiting classes have neither won it the last couple years? OSU has even been to the playoffs since losing to a team full of half 3 star players called: "CLEMSON" in dramatic fashion 31-0.
It's not all about those stars - but again - we have a bunch and don't hang our heads down to nobody! It's what you do once you get on campus; many 5 star bust over the years. That too can be easily verified! So no, I don't and Clemson coaches don't, put "ALL STOCK" in 4 and 5 star guys. For good reason too! Easily verified: take a look at years past 5 star guys who never even started or started for one year and were mediocre!
Keep doing what your doing Clemson Coaching staff!

Re: Love it! And people need to relax! @clemme08

Mar 13, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Love it! And people need to relax! ]

The thing you are missing is this: "nobody says we can win with just 3 stars"! The story is this: we mix in "known 4 star guys to 5 star guys with guys Clemson coaches feel were under-valued"! Huge difference in what people are getting at with the star rating!
Make no mistake we have a ton of players other schools wanted! What I am saying and others is: "the coaches track record in getting guys the recruiting rankings missed is high"! If the coaches aren't worried about those positions; I am not worried.
Tre Lamar sat behind a 3 star guy and actually redshirted as "A FIVE STAR"! They don't get it right all the time!
This is why all those N. Dakota St. kids would scare the ba-geez-uz out of a team full of 5 star players. Because they play together and often out work the other team. App St. don't get any 4 or 5 star players. They may get a 3 star or two; but nobody wants to play them. Because they have a system that targets kids the big schools miss! As was the case with Boise St and Oregon when Chip Kelly was there. And, they won a bunch!
Difference here is: "Clemson does have it's share of 4 and 5 star guys"! So, we win and win big things! It would be hard with just 3 star guys; but again - "that's not our dilemma"!

Mar 12, 2019, 10:20 PM

I don't twitter so forgive me for my possible ignorance, but was the Rochelle kid tweeting Jeff Scott in hopes to be recruited by Clemson?

If this is the case it is unbelievably awesome. Cycling out isn't going to happen until there is no more college football boys.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic