Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jarvis Jenkins should be ashamed to make a comment like
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Jarvis Jenkins should be ashamed to make a comment like

Oct 20, 2013, 10:45 AM

he made. How can he say we choke on the big stage when he himself was part of a Clemson team that beat defending champ Auburn, top-10 FSU and top-10 Va Tech on consecutive weeks. He was on the team that beat Va Tech in the ACC Championship game. Mr. Jenkins just bowed down and sucked up to all the idiot talking head that have no reason to make such comments. Jarvis Jenkins is no longer a Clemson Tiger in my book and may his NFL Career be a short one.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually he graduated in 2010.

Oct 20, 2013, 10:48 AM

That awful game vs. USF in Charlotte was his last game as a tiger.

Guess so, but his comment is unforgivable. I hope he needs a

Oct 20, 2013, 11:05 AM

rec from Dabo for a coaching job after his playing days are over. He would get nothing but a dial tone in his ear. Like one person responded, Jenkins should be more concerned about passing drug tests. And what was his fat butt doing when we played South Florida. I'll guess he was taking plays off.

Re: Jarvis Jenkins should be ashamed to make a comment like

Oct 20, 2013, 10:51 AM

Jarvis must have missed LSU and UGa

Bad comment, but he's just frustrated like all of us.

Oct 20, 2013, 11:00 AM

nm

pretty awful thing to say about your alma mater...

Oct 20, 2013, 11:00 AM

maybe he should just worry about passing drug tests instead of ripping the program that got him drafted.

Agree.***

Oct 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

I'm glad no other tiger fans talked about their alma mater

Oct 20, 2013, 11:38 AM [ in reply to pretty awful thing to say about your alma mater... ]

like that. TigerNet grads are all class

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is one thing if they post on their own message board,

Oct 20, 2013, 11:43 AM

that is bad, but it is very different when you are tweeting it out to the general public. Have you seen any other former Clemson player slam their alma mater in a tweet from last night? Jenkins is persona non grata and I hope he never returns for a game, reunion, to coach, etc.. He should hope he never has to interview here for a coaching assistant job as long as this staff is here.

Oct 20, 2013, 11:03 AM

You're a moron. And this is far more classless than what he said.

I see no problem with what he said...

Oct 20, 2013, 11:18 AM

Expressing his feelings that ring with some truth. He didn't slam anybody and ended his comments with a positive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what part of his comment was false?

Oct 20, 2013, 11:22 AM

don't hate on him because he simply spoke the truth. sorry he didn't sugar coat it, or cop out and say we didn't "execute".

we barely beat a highly overrated UGA team, and LSU in a bowl game. yet in most of your eyes this somehow offsets losing to the coots yearly, and getting curbstomped by WVU and FSU, giving up the most point at DV and in a bowl.

defending champ auburn(without newton, beating an FSU team that also lost to WF the next week.

holy crap, we got bent over last night, and even our former players are shaking their heads as to why it seems to happen pretty often. take you "anger" out on someone that was responsible for this debacle and not the person that call it like he sees it.

Dumb***

Oct 20, 2013, 11:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. when he asked me what part of Jenkins statement was

Oct 20, 2013, 11:36 AM

false, it was the easiest question to answer all day. Talk about a pitching one to get knocked out of the park.

That we choke every time we are on the big stage. Seems to

Oct 20, 2013, 11:35 AM [ in reply to what part of his comment was false? ]

me we won the Georgia game on a huge stage. That answers your question right there, but I will continue. We beat LSU on a big stage, and beat defending national champ Auburn on a big stage when they had wond 17 straight games and hadn't lost an SEC game in two years. We beat Va Tech on the ACC Championship stage, beat FSU in Death Vally last time a week after beating Auburn. That stage was huge and then followed with a night win at Vtech when they were ranked higher than AUburn and FSU at #5.

So I guess the main part of his statement was false when he said we "always" choke on the big stage. Finally, another part of his statement that was false was when he said "still all in though". That part was false as evidenced by his sellout tweet.

Re: That we choke every time we are on the big stage. Seems to

Oct 20, 2013, 11:55 AM

you think a big game was beating a helpless Auburn(post cam) and somehow equating it to last nights game.

UGA will struggle to finish the year with less than 5 losses. that win is extremely watered down now.

we got our ##### handed to us AGAIN on national TV. Just curious on all those huge stage wins, how many of them did we embarrass our opponent? NONE, we get embarrassed on the HUGE stage a hell of a lot.

When we beat Auburn in 2011, the were the defending national

Oct 20, 2013, 12:11 PM

champion with 17 straight wins and had not lost a conference game since 2009. That was a big stage. They went on to finish 8-5 that year, but the stage we played them on was big and we did not choke. When we beat them again in 2012 it was the kickoff to the entire season. Say what you want about the terrible year they had, but when we played them the stage was big and we did not choke. When we played Georgia, the stage coulndn't have been any bigger and we did not choke.

How many big stage games have we embarrassed our opponent?
23-3 over #5 Virginia Tech
38-10 over #5 Virginia Tech
We have beat FSU when they were #3 26-10 and when they were ranked one time and we one 35-14.

But in the last year and half, I'd say wins over Auburn twice were at a time when the stage was big. Georgia, LSU, and FSU.

Re: When we beat Auburn in 2011, the were the defending national

Oct 20, 2013, 12:27 PM

beating a overrated #21 team that lost the best player in the nation by 14 is FAR from a big stage.

and somehow you think beating them last year was a big stage also? a 3-9 auburn team is as big of a stage as #3 vs #5? or as big as our only BCS appearance

yet i'm foolish enough to "debate" this with you.

Oct 20, 2013, 11:45 AM

How is he wrong? The truth hurts. Get your head out of the sand.

He said "We always choke on the big stage" That is

Oct 20, 2013, 11:53 AM

absolutely wrong. See Auburn 2011, 2012, Georgia 2012, FSU 2011, Virginia Tech 2011 twice, 2012, LSU 2012. He is also wrong when he says he is still all in. Not head in the sand, his statement is simply false.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic