Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches

Aug 4, 2018, 1:48 PM

Saban won't like this:

https://twitter.com/SInow/status/1025796284635115521

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sababan is all about winning

Aug 4, 2018, 1:55 PM

Saban does not run a half-way house for players with their feelings hurt.

He saw that Hurts was killing the Offense in Natl Championship game, and Kirby Smart and UGA Defense owned Hurts, and Saban moved on to Tua who Smart had not prepared for. Combine this with Smart's choice to play it safe on a 4th and 1 and not go for it. Game over. National Champs: Alabama. What Hurts has to say is irrelevant as Saban and Bama fans do not care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sababan is all about winning

Aug 4, 2018, 2:07 PM

no matter the cost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

He Gone

Aug 4, 2018, 2:14 PM [ in reply to Sababan is all about winning ]

Gone.

Re: Sababan is all about winning

Aug 5, 2018, 1:11 AM [ in reply to Sababan is all about winning ]

He does run a halfway house for disgraced coaches though.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches

Aug 4, 2018, 1:57 PM

Just saw that. ??

Can’t imagine our caches ever handling the situation in that way.

Aug 4, 2018, 2:12 PM

Wow, must be more going on in Jalen's head than Saban says

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 3:30 PM

Maybe his head Hurts...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 5, 2018, 12:55 AM

See what you did there.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I couldn’t read the tweet for some reason but this may be similar

Aug 4, 2018, 2:22 PM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/jalen-hurts-qb-competition-media-day/amp/

And the underlying story not written is no matter who ends up our qb,

Aug 4, 2018, 2:23 PM

Dabo didn’t handle it this way . . .

I apologize I must have fat fingered a thumbs down on you meant to thumbs up.

Aug 4, 2018, 2:24 PM

Will look out for your posts in the future and tu. My bad!

I’m not sure what he was talking about but now

Aug 4, 2018, 2:27 PM

I’m hungry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Saban just issued a statement about the QBs not .....

Aug 4, 2018, 2:34 PM

Attracting attention to themselves

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24183984/alabama-crimson-tide-coach-nick-saban-warns-jalen-hurts-tua-tagovailoa-not-call-attention

Hurts just failed that. I bet he out before the season's up,unless Tua gets hurt early

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 4, 2018, 2:34 PM

Im sure nationally a lot of people are probably calling Hurts soft or a “millennial” or whatever but I understand his side of it. Keeping him in the dark about the situation and not having a face to face sit down about it to discuss his realistic future is pretty low. I know personally as a man, I just want an honest assement of where I stand in my job/career from my superiors and not have smoke blown up my ###. Now we also don’t know if that didn’t happen, only hearing one side.

On the other hand easy to see Sabans aside as well. Hurts will be an incredible back up and he didn’t want to risk losing him to transfer.

Overall a sticky situation and I like to think the Hunter Johnson transfer was handled much better on our staff and HJ knew where he stood the entire time and made a decision based off the info given to him.

EDIT: forgot to mention airing it out to reporters is in poor taste.

Message was edited by: KillaK

HJ is going to Northwestern then NFL. He was given no

Aug 4, 2018, 4:23 PM

shot to start at Clemson as a freshman. Dabo and coaches dertermined he did not earn a shot.

Hurts was given the starting job on Bama as a freshman. And he played very well as a running QB on one of the most loaded teams in college football history. And Bama still lost to Deshaun, a superstar QB, in the championship. QB's matter. A lot.

Then last year Hurts, Saban and the team had been outcoached and outworked by Kirby, and Bama was about to lose again. And Tua single-handedly brought Bama back when their only weak link was QB.

Saban told the QB's at the half-time of the Bama-UGA championship. "Whatever we did in the 1st half did not work. We're going to give Tua a shot and see what happens." The rest is history and another natl championship for Saban and Bama. Two questions are why would Hurts believe he has any shot at starting QB? And why would Hurts expect Saban to change his stripes and empathize with him.

Call it any way you want. But Saban is old school and Dabo is way more new school touchy-feely. In these times +1 long term for Clemson, but Saban will keep winning through retirement on Bama depth and toughness.

Best man plays. Does anyone even Hurts believe he is the best Bama QB?

Aug 5, 2018, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches ]

The fact that it's important to him to finish his degree shows some character.

tu to the retweet: apparently, jalen....hurts

Aug 4, 2018, 2:42 PM

and i suspect he'll be hurting somewhere that aint tuscaloosa soon.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

Coots'll take him! But Saban wouldn't approve that transfer***

Aug 4, 2018, 5:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: tu to the retweet: apparently, jalen....hurts

Aug 4, 2018, 11:01 PM [ in reply to tu to the retweet: apparently, jalen....hurts ]

Agreed. Gone

Aug 4, 2018, 2:54 PM

If he stays= cancer

I think it's pretty likely we see Hurts transfer soon.

Aug 4, 2018, 3:00 PM

His father has already publicly stated that if Hurts doesn't win the job this year he will become "the biggest free agent in the history of college football."

I rewatched the national championship game last night and i just don't see any way that Saban keeps Tua on the bench this year. He made 3-4 freshman mistakes in that game but the upside with him is incredible.

In terms of physical tools, he has a big arm, lightning quick release, throws a gorgeous ball, he's a pretty darn good runner in his own right, and he's think and sturdy so he should be able to withstand some hits. On the mental side, he stepped right into the biggest stage in CFB and looked totally unphased and extremely comfortable. He looked good in the pocket outside of a couple of mistakes where he held the ball too long, you could watch him going through his progressions, and he looked off safeties on more than one occasion (including the game winner) which is a pretty advanced skill for a young college QB.

The kid is basically the total package.

100% TUA took devastating stupid SAC then threw 60 yd TD

Aug 5, 2018, 3:16 PM

crazy !!!!!!!!!!

no way he sits this year

null

Aug 4, 2018, 3:06 PM

This is a form of bad leadership. Bama has the luxury of not really caring if lots of players leave as they are easily replaced but it damages the connection that players have with the school.

Saban might be the best in the biz but this seems like it was handled quite poorly.

Winningest... but not the best. Tide is turning, not rolling***

Aug 4, 2018, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll believe it's turning when it happens. He literally

Aug 4, 2018, 3:17 PM

just won another title and he now likely has the most talented quarterback he's ever coached for at least the next two years.

Aug 4, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches ]

Not really. Saban is giving him a chance to win the QB job. Hurts is basically saying he wants the coaches to name Tua the starter.

Aug 4, 2018, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches ]

I agree. Some may call it whining but he's still a kid and someone should have sat down with him and fully discussed the situation and options. Saban recently made some rather unkind comments I thought. Stating he didn't know where Jalen would be this Fall and whether he would even report to camp.
We all know Saban is always happy to move players along and out. Thank you Dabo.

Aug 4, 2018, 6:53 PM

I agree. Some may call it whining but he's still a kid and someone should have sat down with him and fully discussed the situation and options. Saban recently made some rather unkind comments I thought. Stating he didn't know where Jalen would be this Fall and whether he would even report to camp.
We all know Saban is always happy to move players along and out. Thank you Dabo.

Hurts should just read shirt this year because he graduates in December that leaves him 2 years of eligibility to go wherever .

Aug 4, 2018, 10:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Jalen Hurts criticizes Alabama coaches ]

I honestly think Saban didn't know if Jalen would be there. Hurts' dad told the media that he would be the biggest free agent in college football if he didn't win the job.

And ten minutes later his packed bags were sitting outside

Aug 4, 2018, 11:07 PM

his door.

Aug 4, 2018, 11:18 PM

Hurts sounds like a man who knows he is out the door.

Sounds like Bama coaches consulted Tnet on how to handle a QB controversy***

Aug 5, 2018, 12:56 AM

Aug 5, 2018, 7:11 AM

I would love to see him redshirt, graduate, transfer to play immediately as a graduate transfer, come to Clemson as a running back!

Aug 5, 2018, 12:28 PM

That's one of the things that make Saban a great coach. I can't think of another coach (except Dabo) that would have the ballz to pull a starting qb in the national championship game and replace him with a true freshman. Hurts wasn't getting it done. It was a smart, smart move.

That's sort of how Saban beat us in '15. Who else would have pulled an onside kick in a national championship besides Saban or Dabo. Pulling a fake punt with Christian Wilkins in a bowl game is another good example of that elite level of coaching.

I don't like Saban personally, but he's a good tactician.

It just sounds like Hurst has to out compete the other QB

Aug 5, 2018, 3:11 PM

he just needs a hug

null

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic