Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m not worried about the ACC. Time and again Clemson has
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I’m not worried about the ACC. Time and again Clemson has

Sep 22, 2018, 8:38 PM

proven they can compete and win against the best teams anywhere. The ACC has nothing to do with it. Dabo and the great staff developing the country’s best talent are solely responsible for the teams success. Period !!!

Conference wins by proxy, like our feathered friends relish and crow about, is for losers !

It’a all about Clemson, Clemson and Clemson !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think the SOS component is important?

Sep 22, 2018, 8:44 PM

The playoff committee is constantly referencing "what is your record vs. winning teams".

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't think the SOS component is important?

Sep 22, 2018, 8:49 PM

Yup, pull a Syracuse this year and there is no benefit of doubt with the apparent SOS in the ACC.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You don't think the SOS component is important?

Sep 22, 2018, 9:16 PM [ in reply to You don't think the SOS component is important? ]

If we lose it becomes important. If we win, we are in.

Re: I’m not worried about the ACC. Time and again Clemson has

Sep 22, 2018, 8:46 PM

Hope you're right!
My only concern isn't "if Clemson is good enough" though.
My concern is: "will the committee pick another team from another league" who has more so called quality wins?
That's the concern. . at the pace Ranked ACC teams are falling who will be ranked by the end of the year besides Clemson?
If you were on the committee( I know who you would vote for ) but, would they vote us in over teams who have beaten 5 or so ranked opponents. Maybe even losing to 1 of them; but having played more. That's the concern.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2018, 9:18 PM

As bad as it pains me to say it, the thrashing of the game coots will be a quality win on paper.

Don’t bury your head in the sand

Sep 22, 2018, 8:48 PM

Talking heads already pointing out weak schedule every time they talk about rankings. I think we win out we are certain to make playoffs. But I get sick of the disrespect all year over ACC. I know I don’t have to listen, but I don’t want it said.

Re: Don’t bury your head in the sand

Sep 22, 2018, 8:50 PM

The ACC must earn respect and today is was not warranted to grant it any at all.

Sep 22, 2018, 9:14 PM

Not too worried about it. Clemson has earned the respect it gets now and that alone might give us a mulligan.

TCU lost today leaving OU and WVU in the Big12 with WVU having little chance to get that high. OU is struggling with Army right now, who happens to run a triple option hummmmmmmm

The PAC will only have one eligible team after the Stanford Oregon game and Oregon is in the lead. It will be hard to work your way from #20 to #4.

Plus I still think we go undefeated. If we go undefeated we will be 1 or 2 for sure.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic