Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered

Apr 19, 2018, 9:06 AM

Neighbors. I think it would be the Clemson way. Sometimes we have to be the bigger peoples (no offense cutigerbob). My ideas:

1) As it is obvious that Jake Bentele has yet to reach his full potential, I would like to petition on the behalf of the cawks to seek two extra years of eligibility. After all he’s just now old enough to enter college legally in some parishes.
2) I could get behind an offer to pay half of muschamps salary for another 10 years, assuming he is there of course, none of this buyout shiz.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you're going to tackle the improbable, then fix FM first?

Apr 19, 2018, 9:17 AM

Oh, and fug the coots, but maybe that's just me?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was hoping FM had already been “fixed” whether surgically or due to

Apr 19, 2018, 9:19 AM

Old woman balls.

The only branch I'll extend is in the form of a switch.

Apr 19, 2018, 9:24 AM

Like the one Pa used when I got out of line as a young'in.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I have a better idea...

Apr 12, 2022, 1:08 PM

How about if we take that same olive branch and beat the $H!7 out of them with it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered

Apr 19, 2018, 9:45 AM

I remember when we used to laugh at Dabo and say we hoped he stayed forever...

Be careful what you wish for.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feath

Apr 19, 2018, 9:50 AM

Yea, but Muskrat has already proven he can't win even with far superior talent than USuC could ever get at Florida. Go Tigers

Does that mean you don't want our cheerleader coach to stay?***

Apr 19, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We all saw how Boom performed at Florida...

Apr 19, 2018, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered ]

with superior talent and better resources.

If there's a reason to be even remotely concerned, I'm sure not seeing it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I’m feeling pretty good about this one.***

Apr 19, 2018, 10:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered ]

I can see why you would make that point but

Apr 19, 2018, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered ]

Dabo was already recruiting on an elite level by this point in his tenure. While Muschamp has increased the overall talent at SC since he’s been there it’s not on the same level as Dabo was doing from about 2010 forward. Time will tell and recruit rankings are not always the best indicator of who will do well in the future but hopefully you get my point. It was pretty obvious in Clemson’s case that Dabo was building something special. Muschamp and SC? I don’t see it right now. It’s also like many posters on here have stated before and that is that Muschamp failed big time at a place that is set up for success. He had all of the recruits and resources he could ask for at FL. The season you guys had last year is the result of a very weak schedule. The SECeast will not stay down forever. If Muschamp is going to build a program he needs to capitalize now and it starts with recruiting much better than he has since he’s been at SC. That my honest opinion with all the rivalry barbs aside. Of course I will make it no secret that I hope he fails miserably.

Apr 19, 2018, 9:48 AM

I thought Jake had already gotten approval from the NCAA to stay there for the rest of his life and be buried under one of those trains when he passes. Seeing as he put out that before he left South Carolina would win a NC. My guess he'll be still there after the rapture of the church. Go Tigers.

Apr 19, 2018, 10:48 AM

NC? Young Jake should try to beat Kentucky first.

As Edgar Allan Poe wrote, "Quoth the Raven, Nevermore"***

Apr 19, 2018, 9:55 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offering to pay Muscoot’s salary reminded me of a joke

Apr 19, 2018, 10:19 AM

Some years back, don’t recall the exact player, but a pro team (MLB or nfl, I think...) announced a deal during a game, in which they traded one of their players to the team they were playing.

A comedian included it in his routine, and said: “It was the ultimate insult. Essentially, the team was saying: We think we can win this game if YOU are playing on the other team.”

I thought that was one of the funniest ‘interpretations’ of all time!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Offering to pay Muscoot’s salary reminded me of a joke

Apr 19, 2018, 11:04 AM

It happened several times in baseball, where a player got removed from the game because he got traded in the middle of a game. But, far as I could find on a quickie search, this is only instance of a player actually getting a hit for two different teams on the same day. Excerpt from story below.

"Joel Youngblood, from Mets to Expos, Aug. 4, 1982
Before the hashtag, there was Joel Youngblood. He became the only player to record a hit for two teams on the same day. Youngblood, who was traded after clearing waivers, recorded a two-run single against Ferguson Jenkins for the Mets in an afternoon game at Wrigley Field. After being told he had been traded, Youngblood headed to Philadelphia, where he hit safely against another Hall of Famer, Steve Carlton. Two hits off two Hall of Famers in two time zones? Not a bad day."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’d like to extend an olive branch to our flock of feathered

Apr 19, 2018, 10:43 AM

"Today I have come bearing an olive branch and a freedom fighter's gun. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand." — Yasser Arafat Nov. 13, 1974, speech to U.N. General Assembly
Seems appropriate.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic