Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've said it for weeks, and I'll say it again. Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

I've said it for weeks, and I'll say it again. Notre Dame

Dec 30, 2018, 12:28 AM

did NOT deserve to be in the CFP. I hope the CFP Committee takes a long look at how they decide who plays in the CFP, and start to realize that ONLY teams that win their CC game are allowed to play in the CFP. The other teams should be on The ROY Bus.

Adding this one additional criteria will force ND to join a conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes they did.

Dec 30, 2018, 12:32 AM

and we beat them by 27. Quit trying to say our win was less than what it was. We beat the #3 team in the country soundly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yes they did.

Dec 30, 2018, 12:38 AM

Uh- you can search thru my previous posts, and I predicted a 30-point win over ND. Even I could see that ND did not have enough weapons to beat CLEMSON.

And I made the prediction prior to losing Big Dex, who would probably have prevented them scoring the 3 points.

Maybe the CFP should be reduced to just 2 teams - Bama and CLEMSON. This will be the 4th straight year that one of those 2 teams wins the CFP. Others just get embarrassed. JK - I don't mind 4 teams, but it is food for thought.

Re: Yes they did.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:36 AM

Any team out there short of bama would have been beaten just as soundly as Notre Dame. We too Deep!!!

Go Tigers!!!!

2 #4 seeds have already won the title

Dec 30, 2018, 3:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Yes they did. ]

They won't go back to 2 teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on your CC requirement, who would replace them?

O310?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Based on your CC requirement, who would replace them?

Dec 30, 2018, 12:34 AM

UCF was more deserving than ND.

Dec 30, 2018, 12:47 AM

Yeah, playing in the American Conference made UCF more deserving since they had to play a second game against that Memphis team who lost a bowl game to Wake. Because playing a conference championship game magically makes a team better...

Dec 30, 2018, 1:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Based on your CC requirement, who would replace them? ]

You honestly believe UCF puts up a better fight than notre same? I'm not convinced that would be the case.

I would have LOVED to play the Bobcats.***

Dec 30, 2018, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Based on your CC requirement, who would replace them? ]

null

Dummy domers need to be in the

ACC 100% or out 100%. None of this BB and Baseball participation only. Give them 9th place rings for the Central Division or somepin like that.

Re: I've said it for weeks, and I'll say it again. Notre Dame

Dec 30, 2018, 12:38 AM

You keep saying they didn’t deserve it. I’m confused, you saying they weren’t deserving is the same as you saying we weren’t deserving. Guess you think it should have been UCF-uga in cotton bowl. Hmm, counterintuitive.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 12:39 AM

^^Yes - it sounds like you're confused. Bless your heart.

Dec 30, 2018, 12:54 AM

Your whole argument is conference champs. That’s bogus and exactly what herbie has argued about uga. UCF was conference champs but no way are they deserving of a cfp game with their schedule. Nd played essentially the same schedule as we did... perhaps a little tougher. They did play the real usc.

ND was #3, and we just proved we were light years better than they were tonight.

Oh, and yes I think ND would win a head to head with Oklahoma. The only teams that Oklahoma is beating are teams with zero offense.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2018, 1:05 AM

^^You do realize that if ND was actually in a conference, specifically the ACC, that they would NOT have made it to the CFP - right? Not having to play a CC game is just wrong, and shows favoritism IMO. If ND can be included, then the 4 CFP teams should be selected PRIOR to having to play the CC game. THAT would level the playing field and be fair to all.

So NO - ND did not deserve to be in the CFP. And I won't change my mind. We can agree to disagree on this.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:12 AM

They probably would’ve won the PAC 12, Big 12, or Big 10 this year and I don’t see how having a conference tittle game would’ve prevented that.

Shyatt...that was a 4 team playoff

Dec 30, 2018, 12:48 AM

How bad will it be with an 8, 12, 16, or 84 team Playoof?

If you think ND didn't belong this year, why not invite UCF this year or last year?
Or tOSU or Wazzu? or any other shyatt team?

4 is bad, anything more is worse.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deja Moo: The feeling that you've heard this bull before.

Hear you OL -- but I'm not buying

Dec 30, 2018, 1:08 AM

It's one of the imperfect vagaries of regionalism and the College Bowl Playoffs -- and this time it benefitted Clemson which tickles me.

Guess what champ? For every one of us wonderful Clemson boosters and SEC boosters (we're tied at the hip like it or not), there are three dumb ba$tards above the Mason-Dixon line who are convinced the B1G 10 and Ohio St, Michigan, Penn St, Wisconsin and Notre Dame are the best. And they believe it year after year. And they have many more fans, larger schools, and more media coverage in their larger cities and suburbs.

So God bless them. Let them believe they are decent. And let them bet heavily when they believe it. Every year. It's generally free money for the betting public.

The regular season matters. And regions matter. Let them play out. How many times does UGA get to lose in the regular season? And lose big. Two times? Three times? As for Central Florida, they are tough and played a weaker schedule than Notre Dame. I have LSU beating Central Florida who did slam a depleted Auburn last year. LSU wants it bad this year unlike a bored Auburn against hungry CF last year. If Central Florida wins, lets talk …

OL -- I'm buying on Notre Dame joining ACC

Dec 30, 2018, 1:19 AM

Eventually.

Notre Dame can play 8 ACC games each year and still play Navy every year, rotate Northwestern and Michigan every other year, rotate Stanford and USC every other year, and have another open game each season.

And the Tiger win today is already heightening pressure all over the country for ND to join a conference in order to be ever be considered for a playoff bid -- most likely the ACC. ND stock, in terms of playoff bowl credibility, is at an all-time laughing-stock low.

Dec 30, 2018, 1:11 AM

I do think they should be ineligible because they do not have to play in a conference championship game. Level playing field for all.

There's just a big gap between Bama/Clemson and everyone

Dec 30, 2018, 4:22 AM

else right now. It'll probably close a lot next year when this outstanding crop of DL moves on to the NFL, but this year it could have been pretty much anyone in the #3 spot and we would have done pretty much the same thing.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic