Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I've never been a big Brownell pumper and have openly
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I've never been a big Brownell pumper and have openly

Feb 18, 2018, 7:05 PM

stated for at four or five years that I didn't think he had what it takes (mostly personality) to lead us to the "promised land," likening him to a Tommy Bowden, though he seems to be a great guy and knows a lot about the game.

But he did put together a great team this year who have usually played exceptionally, especially at the end of games when it is most important. Probably one of the most talented teams we've ever had, especially since we don't have a great big man that we did used to have in many of our past teams, like Rollins, Grant, Cambpell, Nance, Wright, Davis, etc...

And it's simply crazy for anyone to think that it's a big surprise that we lost a game today against a perennial ACC powerhouse who always bring their own refs to the game, and with two of our best three players out of the game when we've only won 29 times since 1949, even with a healthy team.

SMH

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I've never been a big Brownell pumper and have openly

Feb 18, 2018, 7:40 PM

It was pretty clear that the refs were helping Duke to get a road win against the team that would have have been a clear #2 team in the conference if we would have beat them today with our injuries!!! Screw Mike Krzyzewski and his old ugly tangerine skin looking face!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If I've seen once,

Feb 18, 2018, 7:48 PM

I've seen it two dozen times.

Our guys really, really played very hard today.***

Feb 18, 2018, 8:11 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can't fault the players when they give it their all.

Feb 18, 2018, 9:03 PM

You can't ask any more of them than that.

For me, nothing has changed regarding Brownell.

Feb 18, 2018, 8:20 PM

He has to get us not only to the NCAA tournament, but past the first round. I'm not saying that he absolutely must do it this year, but the clock is (and should be ticking) and the longer he goes without doing so, the closer he moves to the exit. The sooner he does it, the more secure his job becomes. I think it's great that recruiting appears to be picking up, but ultimately that's secondary. That's not cruel, unrealistic, or unfair in any way.

And for the record, I really like and respect him. I think he's done a great job putting this year's team together, and I don't think any coach has overcome more. He's worked his a$$ off for Clemson, and like Dabo, I believe he does things the right way.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

As usual, ST, I can't disagree with anything you said.***

Feb 18, 2018, 9:03 PM

Re: For me, nothing has changed regarding Brownell.

Feb 18, 2018, 9:20 PM [ in reply to For me, nothing has changed regarding Brownell. ]

I agree with you. He worked himself in this corner with the win or else contract last year. A lot if those losing seasons were through no fault of his own with coming into a mess and then our facilities and having to play in Greenville. The renovations were being done but you can’t see a picture. I think last year actually things started to get better for him. We had some really great games, but we lacked the power to close those close games. Recruiting has picked up, we have won the majority of those nail biting games we lost last year. I hope we get some guys healthy for our next game and finish out the regular season strong. I want us to kick Dukes ### in the ACC tournament

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: For me, nothing has changed regarding Brownell.

Feb 18, 2018, 9:51 PM

One can only what could have
happened had We not lost Grantham!!

With Grantham and Mitchell we wouldn't have had

Feb 18, 2018, 11:00 PM

to rely on Gabe that much and we most likely would have won.

Agreed - losing them definitely makes a difference.***

Feb 18, 2018, 11:53 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

It's not that anyone expected to win it's disappointment in

Feb 19, 2018, 9:36 AM

the way that we lost. To many self inflicted turnovers against a good team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our "turnover fests" started with the loss of Grantham,

Feb 19, 2018, 9:54 AM

and certainly wasn't helped with the loss of Mitchell.

Yes, that certainly doesn't help with ball control.***

Feb 19, 2018, 10:18 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it's very frustrating to see a team which handled the

Feb 19, 2018, 1:02 PM

ball so well early look so out of control now.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic