Topic: I've Got a Horse in the Preaknes
Replies: 5   Last Post: May 16, 2019 4:44 PM by: CourageousTiger
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

I've Got a Horse in the Preaknes

[4]
Posted: May 16, 2019 4:01 PM

Looking down the lineup for the Preakness I see Alwaysmining at 8 - 1 odds. Looking further down I see the owner is Runnymede Racing LLC and that's one of my cousins. I've visited Runnymede Farms a couple of times but they have never invited me to be their guest at the Kentucky Derby. Runnymede is one of the oldest horse farms in Kentucky and they are mostly breeders. The farm is located at Paris, KY. Another cousin is part owner of Three Chimney Farms. Smarty Jones, former Kentucky Derby winner. is at stud there. Beautiful place.

Unfortunately, we don't bank out of the same account nor do we run in the same social circles. However, he did present me with a very nice bottle of booze. On the other hand I may be fortunate that I am unfortunate.

military_donation.jpg

Re: I've Got a Horse in the Preaknes

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2019 4:17 PM

I've visited Three Chimneys a few times--to say it's beautiful would be an understatement. Smarty Jones is not there now, but this impressive guy is: http://www.threechimneys.com/horses/gun-runner.html

Good luck to Alwaysmining.

2019 purple level member

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

[2]
Posted: May 16, 2019 4:32 PM

Robert (Bob) Clay founded Three Chimneys and Catesby Clay owns Runnymede. Did not know Smarty Jones was no longer there at Three Chimneys but was several years ago when last there. Can't remember the statue of the famous horse there.

military_donation.jpg

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2019 4:36 PM

I believe the statue is of the great Triple Crown winner, Seattle Slew. You have some impressive relatives, Joe.

2019 purple level member

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Improbable

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2019 4:24 PM

Baffert horse with Mike Smith Riding. I like winwinwin too. He was coming on strong at the derby at the end and had some strong workouts recently, plus his original jockey is back on and had a couple of strong finishes recently in some big G2 races.

1. Improbable
2. Win win win
3. All

$11 trifecta bet

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Is "Preaknes" the name of 81TigerS16's wife?

Posted: May 16, 2019 4:44 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/I-wish-my-wife-would-enter-the-transfer-portal-1903721

Replies: 5  
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
372 people have read this post