Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's not about cheering for a Conference!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

It's not about cheering for a Conference!

Sep 23, 2018, 11:44 AM

Too many people are on their "hate the dumb SEC people and their cheering for a conference thing"! That's not what the talk of Strength of Schedule in the ACC is about. And not about cheering for the ACC as opposed to just cheering for our beloved Tigers!
It's about the fact, playoff committe members value quality wins versus quality opponents! End of story! Now, if you are adding stuff to what was just typed; that's your problem. Conference cheering or doomsday predicting is not what the concern is here folks!
It's just commentary on the state of our conference as a whole as it relates to our ability to present a schedule of quality opponents! The end!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not about cheering for a Conference!

Sep 23, 2018, 11:49 AM

No, but you need teams in your conference to win as many games as possible, especially out of conference match-ups.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2018, 12:03 PM

leftie Exactly right! My post was to all the people who apparently don't understand a couple things. One being this is a message board; where we have commentary and express opinions. Nothing is decided here. Two, strength of schedule has been brought up every single year of the playoffs so far! To ignore the conversation about it is a bit juvenile. I get we can't do anything about it; so the don't worry about it aspect is true. But, as adults(mostly) we talk about things. We discuss things. Not really worried about it; so much as I am cognizant of Clemson possibly being left out of the CFP if the cards fall right; because of: "weak conference schedule as of now"! Things change and maybe a team goes on a run and gets ranked by years end. Then all of a sudden we have 4 or 5 ranked wins!

But acting like it's not important to the posters who are dismissing it; is wrong! They need to go back and look at the brief history of teams who were close but didn't get in! And, "that's the whole conversation"! Not conference/opponent cheering at all!

Sep 23, 2018, 4:34 PM

This!

Go Tigers!

Let's get it done. No let ups!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24310810/introducing-college-football-playoff-predictor-which-likes-clemson-better-alabama

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic