Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It's clear to anyone willing to see
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 991

It's clear to anyone willing to see

Feb 24, 2016, 10:43 AM

That Brad Brownell has absolutely the safest and best job in D1 College Basketball. Well paid ($2 mil/yr), hefty secure buyout($3.5 million) and a fanbase that has little to no expectations. He is also blessed to be coaching a team whose fanbase, has a history of placing their love and worship for their coach above what's best for their university. Yep, I'd say as far as the "temperature" of his coaching seat goes he's straddling an iceberg which is appropriate since he is coaching as if he were the captain of a sinking ship. Wait another 5 years....this has Tommy Bowden written all over it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's clear to anyone willing to see

Feb 24, 2016, 10:51 AM

The above is the opinion of a 54 per cent supporter of Clemson

So, you're stupid enough

Feb 24, 2016, 11:06 AM

to assume and actually equate a person's love and support of their University by a stupid, arbitrary pulse rate from some sports forum? With fans as stupid as you, I think you're all getting exactly what you deserve with Coach Brownlee and his raging success. Tommy Bowden thanks you for your years and years of blind devotion and his millions dollar buyout. Yes, ignorance is bliss.....

Re: So, you're stupid enough

Feb 24, 2016, 11:19 AM

You're probably right. I am kind of stupid I guess. I read your 'not so supportive' post and consider you less of a fan than I am. I'm sure you have been SUPPORTING Clemson much longer than I have. What year did you graduate and join IPTAY?

As good a metric as any other

Feb 24, 2016, 11:21 AM [ in reply to So, you're stupid enough ]

On here.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Waiting to fire CBB next year as opposed to this year

Feb 24, 2016, 10:53 AM

saves the school $500k on the buyout, but you can't look at it like that.

The school can spend $3.5M to buy out his contract at the end of this season, or they can pay his salary next season and spend $3M to buy him out then.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

We can pay him $7.4 Million thru 2020 or $3.5 MIllion at

Feb 24, 2016, 11:02 AM

the end of the season. As you alluded to, if we fire him at ANY point prior to the end of his contract, we will still owe him at least $3 Million.

What he does have going for him is the support of the AD who would be admitting a large mistake in the contract he negotiated a couple of short years ago if he fires him after this season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

clemson-iptay could p!ss that buy-out, heck they just

Feb 24, 2016, 10:53 AM

dropped ~4mil on a jet.

people that believe that buy-out stands in the way of coach brownell & clemson parting ways are in error.

if the powers that be decided 6 is enough, it will be enough. that's just business.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not only that, but people don't understand the business

Feb 24, 2016, 10:56 AM

part where it's cheaper to fire him know and even though the buyout is more, the school can save money buy paying the bigger buyout.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

not sure what his contract pays him in year 7, but yes it

Feb 24, 2016, 11:02 AM

can save money and the buy-out will more than likely be "set aside", negotiated and pay over time as was the case with bowden's.

the new coach will want to get paid.

I think year 7 is just a shade under $2M with a $3M buyout***

Feb 24, 2016, 11:05 AM

I think year 7 is $1.7 Million increasing by $100K per year

Feb 24, 2016, 11:07 AM

until he hits $2 Million in his last year, 2019-2020.

doing right ain't got no end, so if it's the right thing to

Feb 24, 2016, 11:08 AM [ in reply to I think year 7 is just a shade under $2M with a $3M buyout*** ]

do for clemson and clemson basketball, then money will not stand in the way.

i will say i don't recall a peep of off the court "badness" coming from the program since coach brownell took over.

i know that is very important to clemson and probably helped greatly when he was afforded the extension.

I agree with all of that. Furthermore I appreciate

Feb 24, 2016, 11:17 AM

the quality of character his players have demonstrated on and off the court. I also admire the hustle and fight the players show every game.

Re: It's clear to anyone willing to see- my fan expectations

Feb 24, 2016, 11:16 AM

that we'll do stuff like losses in the VT, NC St, and GT games. We get in contention for post season only to tighten up and flame out. So in that respect we are right on schedule unfortunately

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 991
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic