Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is truly amazing how much ESPN talks about the NBA
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

It is truly amazing how much ESPN talks about the NBA

Jul 16, 2018, 2:42 PM

No on cares. The NBA regular season is ridiculously boring. The players for the most part are overpaid. Golden State will win it all the next few years.

So ready for Football

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is truly amazing how much ESPN talks about the NBA***

Jul 16, 2018, 2:43 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is truly amazing how much ESPN talks about the NBA

Jul 16, 2018, 2:43 PM

True statement!!

The What?***

Jul 16, 2018, 2:47 PM

Re: The What?***

Jul 16, 2018, 3:00 PM

That is easy to decipher. Look at their agenda the past few years. They do not want to be called a racist network by anyone so they go overboard with this agenda. Seldom watch it anymore. Much too far on the politically correct side for me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The What?***

Jul 16, 2018, 3:20 PM

Not sure that is the case when the NFL is made up of over 70% black players. My feeling is that society today is targeting anything considered masculine. Look at all the CTE reports and trying to get little boys from stop playing football when they have yet to do a proper study on CTE considering they've yet to find a way to study it on a living specimen. Not too long ago they were talking about the NBA was taking over the NFL and how long it would take and that the NBA numbers are way up. Well a little search of NBA game ratings show you that isn't the case at all. ABC averaged a 2.2 on their NBA games this past season and they led the way among the other networks who showed NBA. What I think they are doing is addin in social media views like those 10 second clips of someone slamming or something because other than that I don't know how they are coming up with the NBA is taking anything over. The NBA product is just bad and anyone that says today's basketball is the best is just flat out lying. The numbers prove it out. In the mid 90's the NBA numbers were upwards of a 15.0 compared to a 2.2 this past year. I'd say the NBA is going the other way. I know people will think its a conspiracy theory but just do some research and you'll see what I mean.

I know right. If I didn’t read Tnet I wouldn’t even know anyone still plays pro b-ball.***

Jul 16, 2018, 3:23 PM [ in reply to The What?*** ]

Jul 16, 2018, 3:50 PM

If it's not the NBA, it's the sec. Hard to say which is the worst.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Opinion presented as fact

Jul 16, 2018, 3:52 PM

Lots of people love the NBA. It's a fast-growing sport, especially among ESPN's target market - men under the age of 40.

Sadly, I think the ratings disagree with you.

Jul 16, 2018, 3:57 PM

Yes, there are times when ESPN will push an agenda, see where Bruce Jenner won some courage award instead of that basketball playing gal. But mostly they do need to attempt to get ratings. They talk about what moves the needle.

As far as overpaid, why do you want the owners to make all the money?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 16, 2018, 4:02 PM

Almost as much as Q&K on 105.5 The Roar.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lots of people care. The NBA has massive growth potential

Jul 16, 2018, 4:24 PM

world wide because basketball is the one American sport that's popular all across the globe and, unlike soccer where the top leagues are all in Europe, the NBA is THE LEAGUE for professional basketball. ESPN is also paying 2.7 billion a year for NBA rights so you can understand them wanting to market it.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic