Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It is just Football Guys
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 729

It is just Football Guys

Nov 18, 2014, 3:38 PM

I'm a 1976 Clemson Grad and our best football season was Red Parker's first when we went 7-4.
My senior year we were god awful as were 2-7-2 or something like that. It is so good to see us back in the national spotlight again after all the lean years in between Ford and Dabo. It is also great to see that we can now win every game we play if play up to our potential and capabilities. During my days at Clemson that wasn't the case. We got killed by the likes of Texas A &M, Georgia and Alabama.

I am one of those guys who thought our offense was going to be better under Stoudt. I thought he would use the checkdowns better than Boyd and we would get to see Morris' offense as he has always envisioned it. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for all the reasons that has been hashed out here over and over again.

Was I disappointed last Saturday...You betcha I was....I was jumping up and down and cussing and screaming with the best of 'em. I still had hope we would win going into the 2nd half. Stop them on their 1st drive and we score on ours and we go on to victory like we have since Florida State. Didn't
work out that way..things just didn't go our way...Would you have put money before the game on all those GT back shoulder pass plays that kept drives going that were caught. Every time they needed one they got one. I have watched enough ClemsonFB/BB over the years to know when the other team gets "MO" on their side like GT had Sat. There was no way a comeback was in the making.

That being said..it just a game.....my life hasn't changed...the sun came up....and there are bigger problems in this world than our lousy offensive line and Cole Stoudt's lack of confidence.

I hate it that he has lost his confidence...because once you lose it...it is hard to get it back. But based on all the running, workouts, practices, meetings, weight room. etc he has put in at Clemson
just to be a backup, he deserved more from us than all this crap on this board from "armchair quarterbacks" and wannabe jocks who probably wouldn't last through 1 day of two a days. Does he deserve some criticism? Sure does. Don't you think he has given himself a harder time than any of usu plus he has had to see and hear from the coaches in practice and film review. Plus he has played hurt. I don't know what wrong with his shoulder, but you can tell he has been in some pain after some of the lickings he has gotten since Watson went out.

He deserves a BIG CHEER from the Clemson faithful when he is introduced Saturday afternoon for all that he given our team and University during his time on campus.

Go Tigers!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is just Football Guys

Nov 18, 2014, 3:39 PM

2-9 in 75
3-6-2 in 76

Just be exact

Tigernet would make Jonestown look like a church social

Nov 18, 2014, 3:46 PM

if most of these posters had endured the late, oft-lamented Hootie Era......gad, its depressing just remembering

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigernet would make Jonestown look like a church social

Nov 18, 2014, 4:19 PM

Was it Hootie who gave us the tigerpaw? I am thinking so, but could be wrong. Was it Hootie who used to punt on third down?

pretty good post....but remember

Nov 18, 2014, 3:48 PM

its not just "football"....its CLEMSON FOOTBALL!.....:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is just Football Guys

Nov 18, 2014, 4:06 PM

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Replies: 5
| visibility 729
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic