Topic: Isn't it funny that for a decade, none of the mighty SEC
Replies: 7   Last Post: Mar 20, 2019 7:19 PM by: clemson2003
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 7  

Isn't it funny that for a decade, none of the mighty SEC

[3]
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 5:01 PM

teams could seriously challenge Bama for dominance or the NC crown? It took a NEW sheriff coming into town to reset the standard and push them down. SEC. That made me laugh today.

Auburn snuck one there albeit because they paid Cam’s dad***

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 6:10 PM

military_donation.jpg

Re: Isn't it funny that for a decade, none of the mighty SEC

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 6:21 PM

LSU beat Bama at Bama in 2011 and should not have had to play them again for the title. LSU would have steam rolled Oklahoma State for the title. They absolutely were robbed.

Auburn won the title in 2010 and played for it in 2013 after the miracle ending to the Iron Bowl that year. But otherwise, Bama has been an unstoppable force until it met the immovable object that is Clemson.

Auburn got lucky

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 6:24 PM

Against Oregon, when the RB rolled over the defender. That game was headed to OT.

My sense is, Oklahoma State had the team that year and would have beaten LSU. Then again, I can't stand LSU...or Les. I've never understood how Les and Phil Michelson sound like they're being interviewed in the 30's or 40'. Weird.

Re: Auburn got lucky

[3]
Posted: Mar 20, 2019 6:44 PM

LSU beat something like 9 ranked teams in 2011, including #2 ranked Oregon by 20. They beat the champs of the PAC-10 and the Big East. They won almost every game by 20 points. That was the best LSU team in LSU history thanks to its all-time great defense statistically, which included Badnarik Award winner Tyrann Matthieu and top 10 draft picks Michael Brockers and Morris Claiborne. Almost every member of that defense, and most of the second team, got drafted. They would have destroyed Oklahoma State and beaten the champs of 3 separate conference in the process.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 6:49 PM

They won every game through the SEC title game by an average of 32 points with the closest being 3 points (Bama), the 2nd closest 13 points (Miss State), and the 3rd closest game 20 points (Oregon) - all 3 played away from their home stadium. In fact, they tied or broke the record for most victories over ranked teams ever in NCAA history.

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 6:56 PM

Just looked it up, 9 of the 11 starters on that defense were drafted in the first 3 rounds, including 3 in the top 10 - Brockers, Clairborne, and Barkevious Mingo. That’s insane.

Re: Isn't it funny that for a decade, none of the mighty SEC

Posted: Mar 20, 2019 7:19 PM

How exactly were they robbed? They got a chance to play in the NC game and responded by losing 21-0. If they truly deserved to be national champs then they should’ve won the game regardless of who the opponent was.

Replies: 7  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Season Tickets in Section S, Row FF, Seats 16 & 18. Asking $1100 per ticket. Shoot me an email wit...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1269 people have read this post