Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any reason to knock Burrow and LSU?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Is there any reason to knock Burrow and LSU?

Dec 31, 2019, 11:37 AM

Why try to diminish them? If we beat them... wouldnt we rather it be known we beat a great QB with a great team? ... or if we lose, lost to the same?
Do we want to win and it be like, "well they werent that good so we were able to win"
or if we lose
We lost to an okay QB with and okay team.

What does it gain us to try to find ways to reduce what they've accomplished this season?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahem...why are you so level headed?***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Honesty is the best policy, and honestly LSU and Burrow

Dec 31, 2019, 11:39 AM

suck. They are not good footballers and we will beat them by 21+ points.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Honesty is the best policy, and honestly LSU and Burrow

Dec 31, 2019, 11:41 AM

Bookmarked.

Congrats, I think this is your first tnet post without

Dec 31, 2019, 11:48 AM

any typos or mistakes in it! Have yourself another corndog to celebrate.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Stop marking books and answer the question

Dec 31, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Honesty is the best policy, and honestly LSU and Burrow ]

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Where-is-this-red-stick-tiger-cat-1966918

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Yeah. Because of SEC and the media

I hope we knock them into next week on the 13th.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there any reason to knock Burrow and LSU?

The whole world says we haven't played anyone... Why not make fun of it and agree afterwards like last year, that we still never played anyone. After all, in their eyes, the only way we played anyone is by losing to someone.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:42 AM

Whatever. I just want Clemson to win.

agreed, they are good. When it's over and the dust settles

Dec 31, 2019, 11:41 AM

we can figure out if they were overhyped. I am not sure at this point b/c the Florida team they beat had trouble with Virginia and Alabama obviously weren't their normal selves. So who knows...but agreed no need to knock them, they beat everybody they played to date. Hard to argue that

Spend 5 minutes with LSU fans talking about this matchup

Dec 31, 2019, 11:44 AM

Then come back here and tell me how you feel.

They are making the Ohio State fans (pregame) look like our best friends.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're just trying to bait ...

Dec 31, 2019, 11:45 AM

The lurkers from the shadows. Joe is fine. Trevor, the true sophomore, is better but Joe is fine.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:45 AM

Joe Burrow is a great passer and will make millions in the NFL however, he has one of the best o-lines I have seen in my 67 years. The key to this game will be figuring out a way to get some pressure on Burrow and knock him down and hopefully get a sack and fumble.

Dec 31, 2019, 11:47 AM

Enter CBV!

Dec 31, 2019, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Re: Is there any reason to knock Burrow and LSU? ]

Valley Boy said:

The key to this game will be figuring out a way to get some pressure on Burrow and knock him down and hopefully get a sack and fumble.

It’s what Auburn tried. And it had limited success in the first half. Then LSU adjusted.

This tactic will slow the LSU offense down. It wouldn’t stop it. E and Brady will beat you with rushes and quick passes.

That said, if Clemson can slow LSU down, and if Trevor gets hot with big plays, Clemson can when. But if the tactic fails, it could get ugly for the Orange Tigers.

Dec 31, 2019, 12:24 PM

Clemson O greater than Aub, Bama O. Hth.

Clemson D greater than Aub, Bama, UGA, all sec team D. Hth.

Since We don't get credit for beating the snot out of the teams we played, and winning even the close one against UNC. I'll use our big test from Saturday Night.

OH-4-0 St. D tougher than LSU D. Clemson prevails by scheme and wearing them down.

OH-4-0 St. O bestest O EVER (ask espn BEFORE Saturday). Held to 23. Have more offensive weapons besides just a special QB. Clemson D prevails.

Dec 31, 2019, 12:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any reason to knock Burrow and LSU? ]

I agree on OL

Best OL in 67 years? First I’ve heard of it

Dec 31, 2019, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any reason to knock Burrow and LSU? ]

I guess they are good as pass blocking but Burrows pocket awareness probably makes them look better than they are.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe some people just don't like the smell of corn dogs.***

Dec 31, 2019, 11:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

i happen to like coach O he is very humble

Dec 31, 2019, 12:27 PM

cant really find a reason to dislike the guy..burrow comes off as a cocky lump though

Totally agree.***

Dec 31, 2019, 12:31 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 12:30 PM

LSU has a great football tradition. Great game day atmosphere. Just an all around great program.

Go Clemson Tigers!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 31, 2019, 12:30 PM

There is no need to knock Burrow or LSU but segments of all fan bases like to verbally diminish opponents because that gets them going.

Their O-line is very good at pass protection but they aren't all that great. Burrow's craftiness in and around the pocket makes them look better than they are.

We aren't going to win this game by stopping their offense. We win because our offense is efficient and we win the TO battle.

Dec 31, 2019, 12:46 PM

I have a theory that we talk trash about the other team to blow off our nervousness. The game is important to us and yet we have so little control over its outcome that we get increasingly nervous. talking smack is a fun way to blow off that steam, as long as you don't take it too seriously.

One of my least favorite things about coaching was that feeling of helplessness. Evenif i coached up a good plan - I couldn't execute it. I had to stand on the sidelines with limited control over something that mattered a lot to me - hated it.

Respect his game...

Dec 31, 2019, 12:55 PM

...what little I've seen of it.

However, the Home Alone QB gave one of the cockiest, smirk-faced interviews to Scott Van Pelt that he aired after our game. Discussing the drive for "perfection" in his game....as though his 8 TD performance could and should be improved upon....

It was at that point I realized this clown has already setup his defeat in the Natty.

Watch it happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Respect his game...

Dec 31, 2019, 1:12 PM

...what little I've seen of it.

However, the Home Alone QB gave one of the cockiest, smirk-faced interviews to Scott Van Pelt that he aired after our game. Discussing the drive for "perfection" in his game....as though his 8 TD performance could and should be improved upon....

It was at that point I realized this clown has already setup his defeat in the Natty.

Watch it happen.

Yeah. Burrow sounds almost like Saban. And it worked pretty well for him.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic