Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it "fair" that Alabama signs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1,586

Is it "fair" that Alabama signs

Feb 14, 2014, 9:43 AM

elite class after elite class? Maybe we should make recruiting like the NFL draft where the worst records get a benefit. Let them get first crack at 5 stars, or only let BCS bowl teams have 15 scholarships. Is it fair that Bama, UGA, USuCk, and others in the SEC can let in players that can barely read while Vandy sticks to an academic standard that hurts their football team? Is it fair for ESecPN to slobber all over Saban and the SEC, thus helping them with recruiting? No, because these are part of the game. Just like hurry up offenses are part of the game. You try your best to adapt. We sometimes struggle with mobile QB's. Imagine if Dabo proposed some rule to limit when a QB can run? That would be laughed at. Well, Saban's done the same thing, and sadly the NCAA's taken it to heart. Just ridiculous

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A NCAA committee has taken it to heart, while a number of

Feb 14, 2014, 9:48 AM

prominent coaches are voicing dissension.

My problem is with the makeup of the committee, which seems to have a large number of reps from small schools. Once again, a lack of leadership within the NCAA has proposed a boneheaded rule, which will, hopefully, die on the vine when cooler, calmer and more reasonable voices are heard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alabama signing all of these fat guys that can't handle the

Feb 14, 2014, 9:50 AM

"well-documented dangers" of the hurry up no huddle offenses they face throughout the season seems like a questionable policy that willingly and knowingly endangers their players well being.

Time for a rule change!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it "fair" that Alabama signs

Feb 14, 2014, 9:53 AM

Great idea, except kids should be able to get an education at the school of their choice. It us student first, athlete second. A draft is the silliest idea I have heard yet.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't seriously suggesting a draft

Feb 14, 2014, 9:56 AM

See how stupid it would be if the NCAA said "recruiting isn't even, we're doing a draft". That's on the same thought as "no huddle teams have advantages over defenses, so let's make them slow down" I think a draft is a terrible idea, just using it as an example

Re: I wasn't seriously suggesting a draft

Feb 14, 2014, 9:57 AM

It is being suggested on other threads, completely ignoring the fact that the kids should come first.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wasn't seriously suggesting a draft

Feb 14, 2014, 6:42 PM [ in reply to I wasn't seriously suggesting a draft ]

i saw what you did ;) & it was a great comparison if you ask me!

some folks on here don't like it when you do that... :-o

This is just an example of how dumb things like the

Feb 14, 2014, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Is it "fair" that Alabama signs ]

Saban rule can be. No substance too it but if Nick opens the box then other things like this recruiting thing could be let out.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it "fair" that Alabama signs

Feb 14, 2014, 6:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Is it "fair" that Alabama signs ]

I agree. The 85 scholarship limit works well.

NFL- Green Bay Packers
NCAA- Michigan and Michigan State (formerly Clemson)
MLB- New York Yankees

Which is why the enacted 85 scholarship limits

Feb 14, 2014, 9:54 AM

to prevent the best teams from signing all the best players.

I don't see anyone arguing about getting rid of that rule because it limits Alabama's effectiveness.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

and teams get around that by oversigning and having psuedo

Feb 14, 2014, 10:00 AM

try-outs. they might as well get rid of that rule,too.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The rule is BS. It is an attempt to help Bama win. It's

Feb 14, 2014, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Which is why the enacted 85 scholarship limits ]

only loses over the last 2 years are hurry up O's. So to win you gotta change the rules now. What BS.

Re: Which is why the enacted 85 scholarship limits

Feb 14, 2014, 10:10 AM [ in reply to Which is why the enacted 85 scholarship limits ]

Why don't you go rub Saban,Bielema,and Spurrier and stay where you belong;in cootlumbia.

I'd to like officially THUMBS DOWN the NCAA for this!!!

Feb 14, 2014, 6:38 PM

this stupid insight into "safety" and intentionally doing something so grotesque in an attempt to undermine the game for any team not coached by guys named Saban or Bielema...
it is preposterous at minimum. makes me sick!
where's that dang button!? can i do that? :)

Replies: 13
| visibility 1,586
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic