Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Trump gut-punching the GOP in the Senate runoffs?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 581

Is Trump gut-punching the GOP in the Senate runoffs?

Nov 19, 2020, 6:19 PM

Anybody who's ever played poker can tell you going all-in when you're holding rags usually means you wind up with nothing. Trump is failing pretty spectacularly when it comes to his legal challenges but Oh Man is Trump and conservative echo-chamber media doing an epic job of getting their Kool-Aid drinking nincompoops supporters convinced that there was widespread election fraud going and that there's real, widespread, fundamental issues with the system and the Dems can pretty much name their score at need. Which is of course completely stupid from the get-go or they'd have taken more House seats, not lost them...and oh, yeah, taken the Senate too.

But however you feel about that, Trump supporters believe it. A lot of them.

Do they still show up for the Senate runoffs in Georgia, if the system's so gamed against them? Because how do you claim the system's borked out of one side of your mouth while demanding voters show up to support your cause out of the other?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Trump gut-punching the GOP in the Senate runoffs?

Nov 19, 2020, 6:20 PM

No reason to vote anymore. Now, just need all pubs to stop paying taxes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there are any more tax cuts

Nov 19, 2020, 7:08 PM

You’ll pretty much effectively be paying nothing anyway.

Re: If there are any more tax cuts

Nov 19, 2020, 8:45 PM

I wish I lived in your world.

Trump will delight in a double loss for the GOP in Georgia.

Nov 19, 2020, 6:37 PM

He's not on the ballot. He wants to prove his hold on the GOP faithful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trump will delight in a double loss for the GOP in Georgia.

Nov 19, 2020, 6:48 PM

The big edge the GOP has always had is, they show up and vote. Reliably.

I know this. I myself was GOP. And I showed up and voted. Always. If it was an election, I came. Primary, mid-term, runoff...I was there. And I voted all the way down the ballot, usually GOP but occasionally split-ticket if somebody interesting (usually Libertarians) were down-ballot. The first election I ever sat out was 2016, because I loathed Trump and couldn't stomach the idea of voting for Hillary, and that was conscious protest.

And I was not alone. And especially in the primaries or mid-terms, I'd look around, and mostly what I'd see around me was fellow Republicans.

If Trump poisons that well, he's doing a whole lot more than effing the GOP in 2020. Showing up is what the GOP does best...and Donald the Dipsh!t is busy killing that Golden Goose. Leaving the short-term aftermath aside, how does he seriously show up and run again in 2024, if the elections are so gamed against him?

Re: Trump will delight in a double loss for the GOP in Georgia.

Nov 19, 2020, 7:59 PM

Q,

If you are basing your questions on Trump thinking logically, you may be off base.

Nov 19, 2020, 7:57 PM

Q,

I hope you are right. In fact, I would put up with a another 5 weeks of this idiocy if it meant swinging the elections in GA

Nov 19, 2020, 8:15 PM

I truly don't know how this plays out in Georgia.

Normally for a runoff or mid-term or whatever the Pubs show up...but so much about the Republican Party has changed over the last few years since Trump took office. And now he's busy doing a song and dance about how elections are corrupt and the Dems are cheating...and getting away with it.

I don't see how that helps the cause, especially if your cause is to hold onto the Senate. I mean, from the Republican standpoint, that's really the one thing in this election that really went really right and if this circus costs them the Senate you'd have to officially proclaim Trump has literally cost his party everything it held just four short years ago. Which would be just an astounding accomplishment almost without parallel in modern politics.

Has anyone else managed that? Carter in 1980, maybe?

I don't live in Jawja so I'm not 100% clued in,

Nov 19, 2020, 8:52 PM

but I would certainly hammer home this point if I was a Dem candidate. Do you believe in the election process? Are you going to blindly follow Trump's messaging? etc. etc.

Replies: 9
| visibility 581
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic