Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Reader going through depression as well?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 3,271

Is Reader going through depression as well?

Sep 8, 2015, 3:23 PM

Sure hope he is ok....and comes back as soon as he can.

GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All In, All The Time...1314797352813

I would imagine the death of a father would depress most

Sep 8, 2015, 3:24 PM

people, especially a college aged young man.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

that's how "depression" gets used incorrectly. The way

Sep 8, 2015, 10:47 PM

I determine if I am sad or depressed is this...

If you are sad, crying, and "depressed" BUT YOU HAVE A REASON TO BE (such as the death of a parent), then you are NOT depressed.

If you are sad, crying, and "depressed" and DON'T HAVE A REASON TO BE, then you probably are depressed and need to get help.

I've suffered from bouts of depression and severe anxiety since my teens. My sophomore year at Clemson I nearly flunked out because it was so bad all I did was sleep and never go to class. I physically could not make myself get out of the bed. My anxiety was so bad, that if I were able to get up to go to class some days, and if I realized I was going to be late to class, I would skip class just to avoid walking into the classroom in front of everyone staring at me showing up late. It was awful.

I've been on different types of depression and anxiety medications a few times, and each time was able to get whatever chemical imbalance was going on back in line. When I got my dog 13 years ago he became my medication. I could feel the difference in my mood anytime I was around him. NO JOKE. I'd be all miserable in the afternoon and just hating life, and get home to his big ole' wiggle-butt and almost immediately feel better. (Man I miss that dog!!!)

So, circling back to my little examples above, as one who has battled with bouts of depression a few times in life...last year was the most difficult and painful year of my life - between my mom's stroke, becoming a "parent" to her, and having to put down my dog, I cried. I cried A LOT. I cried in the car on the way to work. I cried in my office. I cried myself to sleep some nights. I cried in the parking lot - multiple parking lots. I kept asking myself if I needed to go back to the Dr and get some meds, but I kept reminding myself I HAVE A REASON TO BE SAD. So many changes, and so many stressors. It is not a bad thing to cry. It is not a bad thing to be sad. I had to let myself feel those feelings and not bottle them up. I'm a strong gal, I'm not your normal "chick" and I don't normally do a lot of crying. But I did this past year. And that was ok.

So, for me, I know that when I get to feeling down like that, and if I don't have a reason to, then it's likely depression and I likely need some meds to help get back on track.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Point for being so strong and able to recognize the

Sep 9, 2015, 7:33 AM

difference between depression and grieving. You are one tough girl Suzi!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know, I'm not his doctor.

Sep 8, 2015, 3:25 PM

And if I were, I wouldn't be allowed to talk about his medical information on TigerNet.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

nonya***

Sep 8, 2015, 3:36 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

...bidnes***

Sep 8, 2015, 4:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Reader going through depression as well?

Sep 8, 2015, 3:39 PM

I'm guessing that losing one of your parents will weigh on your soul. I give thanks I haven't had that experience yet.

God Bless him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

No***

Sep 8, 2015, 4:32 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

No, its more CU / NCAA related.

Sep 8, 2015, 4:45 PM

ct

Re: No, its more CU / NCAA related.

Sep 8, 2015, 5:21 PM

Please say I have no ideal

you have no ideal.

Sep 9, 2015, 12:11 AM

Hope that helps.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Is Reader going through depression as well?

Sep 9, 2015, 7:56 AM

Korncoot is that you or your buddy Kelvincoot

Replies: 12
| visibility 3,271
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic