Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Clemson vs FSU the biggest game in college football?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

Is Clemson vs FSU the biggest game in college football?

Feb 3, 2017, 1:05 PM

Others may be:
Michigan OSU
Alabama LSU. (But LSU with no offense makes for a boring game. )
Alaama Auburn ( auburn has been down lately )
FSU Gators. (See LSU above)
FSU Miami. (Miami is not quite to the top)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No mention of usuck-Vandy annual bloodletting???

Feb 3, 2017, 1:09 PM

It a vicious SECLeast rivalry!!....??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Clemson vs FSU the biggest game in college football?

Feb 3, 2017, 1:11 PM

Every Clemson game is the biggest in football now

Hth

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NO!

Feb 3, 2017, 1:12 PM

But up there on an even level with those other clashes.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's cyclicle. It was LSU - Bama for a good stretch

Feb 3, 2017, 1:11 PM

but right now i think it's OSU - Michigan with Meyer and Harbaugh. FSU - Clemson has probably been a close 2nd recently. The one thing we've yet to really have in the Clemson - FSU rivalry is two playoff contenders facing each other.

Re: It's cyclicle. It was LSU - Bama for a good stretch

Feb 3, 2017, 1:17 PM

you best believe if both of these teams go in to that game undefeated it is the biggest because the winner is probably playoff bound. We have just not had that yet. OSU Michigan had that level this year with undefeated and one loss team. Could happen this year in the valley.

OSU and Michigan isn't even close

Feb 3, 2017, 1:19 PM [ in reply to It's cyclicle. It was LSU - Bama for a good stretch ]

There's only been one conference championship between OSU and Michigan the past 5 years. Between us and FSU there are 5 conference titles and 2 national titles in the same timespan. Also the only animal matchup of active head coaches to win a title is between Dabo and Jimbo.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Poll the country and ask what's a bigger game.

Feb 3, 2017, 2:31 PM

I'm really confident that Michigan - OSU would beat out Clemson - FSU right now.

Re: Poll the country and ask what's a bigger game.

Feb 3, 2017, 4:58 PM

It's definitely a great rivalry, but the game hasn't decided the conference champion since Lloyd Carr was coaching (10 years). Prior to this season the Michigan St. vs. OSU had larger big ten/national implications, compare that to the winner of Clemson/FSU winning the last 6 ACC titles, and it's not even close.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Given the population involved, you're probably right.

Feb 4, 2017, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Poll the country and ask what's a bigger game. ]

But which game has really meant the most to college football in terms of conference and national titles?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: OSU and Michigan isn't even close

Feb 4, 2017, 4:00 PM [ in reply to OSU and Michigan isn't even close ]

That animal matchup is a #####!

Feb 3, 2017, 1:24 PM [ in reply to It's cyclicle. It was LSU - Bama for a good stretch ]

How can you rank OSU-Michigan ahead is Clemson-FSU when FSU just beat Michigan in the Orange Bowl and Clemson just shut out OSU in the Fiesta Bowl?

Other than hiring a big name coach and having a lot of hype, there is no "there there" with Michigan yet. They've yet to prove they are back in the big game.

What does FSU beating Michigan in the OB really mean

Feb 3, 2017, 2:32 PM

in regards to this question? It's a very, very small consideration at best. It's certainly not some silver bullet like you make it out to be.

Re: What does FSU beating Michigan in the OB really mean

Feb 4, 2017, 1:21 AM

It was another chance to win a big game, which they were unable to do. How many big games has Michigan won in the last decade? How can they be part of the most relevant current rivalry when it is so one sided?

Feb 4, 2017, 8:42 PM [ in reply to It's cyclicle. It was LSU - Bama for a good stretch ]

OSU & UM are Enormous State Universities that are significantly dominant in their large states. That means they have huge fanbases.
But, the BIG 10 was the REAL FRAUD in the 2016 season. Go look at the OOC schedule for the East Division for 2016. Pitiful.
The 2016 ESPN, AP, and CFPC love was due to three games. OSU went to Okla and beat a team that had already lost to yhe Univ of Houston. Then, Okla caught fire in the "No one's playing defense" Big 12. But MOST Clemson fans know that you have to ignore the OU performances vs Big 12 opponents -- reference the 2014 Russell Athletics Bowl (40-6) and the 2015 CFP Orange Bowl (37-17).
The other 2 games were Wisc over LSU and Nebraska over Oregon. LSU had zero offense, all year. And Nebraska & Oregon were both poor teams.
So the OSU vs UM was pitched to be an important game, but both teams were significantly over-rated. FRAUDS!
Clemson vs FSU has been a much more important game, nationally, for the past 2 years and should be in 2017.

For the last 4 years... definitely

Feb 3, 2017, 1:17 PM

4 out of the last 4 years the winner of Clemson-FSU has gone on to compete in the NC playoff or BCS.

3 out of 4 years the winner of Clemson-FSU has gone on to compete in the BCS or CFP final game.

2 out of 4 years the winner of Clemson-FSU has gone on to be crowned National Champion.

In addition, it wasn't the same team that advanced. Thus, no Alabama rivalry game quite compares.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Thank you. I was about to have to type all of that....***

Feb 4, 2017, 8:55 PM

ask again in 7 months***

Feb 3, 2017, 1:21 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GoTiguhs!!

yes

Feb 3, 2017, 1:30 PM

it has (and will) determined one of the cfp entrants the past few yrs. most pundits agree that this game matters more than osu/um or bama/auburn. those games are definitely the gold standard in rivalries and meaning, but um and auburn are nowhere near as consistent to matter.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Right now it is.

Feb 3, 2017, 2:40 PM

But you know college football.

One. Any game that decides a Power 5 conference and thus

Feb 3, 2017, 4:35 PM

the postseason / play-off is a big game.

Feb 3, 2017, 4:52 PM

YES...
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 4, 2017, 7:36 AM

It's kind of like the Heisman, media perception gives the hype to Michigan and OSU. Of course everyone saw what CU and FSU did to those two in bowl season. With a Nov 11 game this year it will be a very relevant game if we both produce on the field.

Football is regional - no one big national game

Feb 4, 2017, 8:35 PM

Year in and year out some games mean more on a nation scale with rankings. I don't think there is one annual game that people truly care about outside of their region. I don't think the Midwest cares about Auburn v Alabama just like the Southeast doesn't care about Michigan v Ohio State.

Army v Navy is a national game and big for a different reason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson vs Alabama is the biggest.***

Feb 4, 2017, 8:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I do not know what a big game is anymore

Feb 4, 2017, 8:59 PM

each week is the same.

we played Clemson 15 times this past year and only lost once

so we had a pretty good year.

My focus is on me and what I can do to be ready to do my own job.

I don't even see the other jerseys anymore.

Only I can beat me - it's only about me.

I am #ALLIN with what Coach Dabo is selling -

he is, after all, holding the crystal ball.

plus: our rivals are for total sheatt, and an absolute embarrassment to Vanderbilt and the rest of the SECleast,

so really, no big games anymore....

why not consider also FSU vs Bama to open the season?`

Feb 4, 2017, 9:02 PM

will be #1 versus #2.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic