Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Iptay has priced tickets and parking out of my budget.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Iptay has priced tickets and parking out of my budget.

Mar 26, 2017, 9:50 AM

After 20 years of donations and season tickets I'm giving it up. I just will not pay the new inflated prices they are requiring. My wife and I have two teenage daughter to finish raising and I'm here to tell you it's expensive. On the bright side it's awesome to see Tiger Football on top ! Anyone else being forced to make the same decision about not renewing.

Go Tigers !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Iptay has priced tickets and parking out of my budget.

Mar 26, 2017, 10:00 AM

Been there and done that. I had to bow out when they put in the "seat tax". Couldn't afford the cost.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's a tough situation, a lesser man

Mar 26, 2017, 10:05 AM

would send those teenage girls packing! You'll get more opportunities, this Tiger football program's gonna be around for a long time!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2017, 10:10 AM

I had to give it up due to living 900 miles away for several years. I have since moved back, only 2 hours away, but struggling with the decision join again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2017, 10:20 AM

As much as I hated to do it I had to bow out when the seat equity tax went into effect. I was a Iptay member for 23 years, but had to make the decision base on my family responsibilities. I now have a son which is a sophomore at Clemson and another that will be there next year hopefully. My Iptay contributions and ticket cost are helping to pay for education. I'm sure once I'm done with my boy's I will be happy to give back to Iptay and hopefully I will have two new donors.

Mar 26, 2017, 11:09 AM

My Wife and I stopped after the 2008 season due to Health reasons. I've retired since then and certainly we couldn't afford it now. It really has become all about the Money. Not just Clemson but everywhere. Still love my Tigers but enjoy them at home now! We do give the minimum amount to IPTAY and have been members for 40 years.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2017, 11:11 AM

We gave ours up 15 years ago when our boys got involved in sports. We just couldn't make it to many games. We are still huge fans and watch them on TV. We occasionally get to come to a game. As much as I love myTigers, I would not trade being at my boys' games for anything. Out of curiosity, what are the prices now?

No kids and no wife.

Mar 26, 2017, 11:24 AM

No plans to ever have either.. i certainly get it from yalls side but i enjoy being selfish and living my life. IPTAY member for 16 years now. Im going to be in the valley cheering on our tigers for a longgggg time. keep on jacking up those prices. :)

It is getting ridiculous

Mar 26, 2017, 11:24 AM

Every year I say that I am going to start buying enough tickets for the entire family and then the ticket prices explode. Hopefully I will get another promotion, so I can start taking my daughter to games by the time she hits grade school.

How much are they this year?***

Mar 26, 2017, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So far still hanging in there. It is not cheap though.***

Mar 26, 2017, 11:47 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Mar 26, 2017, 1:43 PM

Had to make that decision 4 years ago after 50 years as Iptay member. A retirees money will only stretch so far.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

its a tough situation for many

Mar 26, 2017, 1:55 PM

But the success that our tigers enjoy would not be possible without IPTAY.
Scholarships/championships

It requires a sacrifice from all of us to be among the best. SUPPORT the TIGERS any way that you can

its a tough situation for many

Mar 26, 2017, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Re: Iptay has priced tickets and parking out of my budget. ]

But the success that our tigers enjoy would not be possible without IPTAY.
Scholarships/championships

It requires a sacrifice from all of us to be among the best. SUPPORT the TIGERS any way that you can

Mar 26, 2017, 1:46 PM

I feel your pain brother. I've been an IPTAY member since 1968 and season ticket holder since 1970. The latest rise in the seat equity plan (50%)and ticket prices and the fact that I'm retired and on a fixed income have made me give them up this year. Hated to do it, but I just cannot afford it (or maybe it's I WON'T do it anymore). Everything these days is about money, but it's going to have to be someone else's money from now on. Love my Tigers, but everything ends sooner or later.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do people give up tickets?

Mar 26, 2017, 2:00 PM

I don't get why people give up their tickets. If you have anything that resembles a good set of tickets you can sell them right now for face plus seat equity. Why would you give them up? Just sell them until you can afford to jump back in and attend yourself.

It was tickets or grand children***

Mar 26, 2017, 2:07 PM

Sure am gona' miss the little guys !!!! _________ but a man has to get his priorities in order!!!

Had to do the same as a single-by-divorce

Mar 26, 2017, 2:04 PM

dad. I'm a little more financially stable so my thought is to give more to Clemson's annual giving program.

Mar 26, 2017, 2:12 PM

I first joined IPTAY in 1958. Had season tickets and parking when had kids there but had dropped back in level the past few years. Don't get down much anymore. Two years ago in May, I bought the package of tickets to the Carolina game and the SC State games that was offered. Then in the middle of the night on Labor Day (after the opening game), I got a curt email saying they had sold more season tickets than expected and I was dropped.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i split membership and 4 tickets w the in-laws.

Mar 26, 2017, 2:31 PM

So we rotate the 7 people w games, and then sometimes we sell a few games throughout the year to make up some of the expense. Doesn't end up being too much $$$.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry but I don't feel that bad for you***

Mar 26, 2017, 2:37 PM

^^^ Worthless Post of the Day ^^^

Mar 26, 2017, 4:01 PM

Congrats!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did the same thing a few years back. I'd had the same

Mar 26, 2017, 3:07 PM

seats since 1967 (when I was a kid and went with my parents). They'd just started the seat equity plan, recession was in full swing and I was fresh off a corporate downsizing. Like you, I had two daughters with college on the horizon. It didn't make sense for me to try to keep up, as between tickets, parking, and Iptay, my cost was going to almost double to keep the same tickets and parking. I hated it, but there was no way I could justify it.

I still go occasionally, but I either get tickets from a friend or vendor, or I drive over and buy tickets outside the stadium. Mostly though, I watch on TV.

I know many others who were priced out like me, but Clemson has had no trouble finding folks to take my place. While it sucks on the one hand, I understand the realities of modern day college football, and have no problem basking in the success of my beloved Tigers.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I did the same thing a few years back. I'd had the same

Mar 26, 2017, 3:27 PM

It is unfortunate that tickets have gotten this way. People need to pony up for seat equity and tickets for all games to be able to see em in person. I usually sell my extras at face to the lesser games, but like Frosty use to say a poor man needs spread for his bread. He was referring to putting yellow color in margarine back in the day.

Mar 26, 2017, 3:30 PM

Feel your pain...with two kids in school and increasing cost of life there's only so much money to spread around.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can only justify one or two games a year.***

Mar 26, 2017, 3:43 PM

Mar 26, 2017, 5:29 PM

Mainly due to my health we haven't bought season tickets in a long time; however, I've kept my IPTAY

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Mar 27, 2017, 12:32 AM

Gave mine (UR row F) up after 33 years in 2007 after retiring. I parked in area lot 20 the last year and it became a reserved space lot the next season. Area lots 21 and 22 where I enjoyed parking for several years prior to that also became reserved space lots during the last couple of years. Am close to three hours away. A hotel prior to 12pm games and staying over after night games in addition to the increased ticket costs and IPTAY donations to maintain them became too expensive, and it would be even more so currently. Have continued making a lower level IPTAY donation in addition to the General Fund.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic