Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting observations from Scott Adams
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,969

Interesting observations from Scott Adams

Apr 7, 2020, 9:08 AM

on Dr. Drew's show. He is usually very good at reading trends and society. He predicted Trump well before almost anyone with an audience.

First, and somewhat sad despite good news, there will be two narratives that will never go away. Our extreme measures on distancing and great advances in medicine are paying off and the death toll is going to be on low side. On the other hand, that will leave another crowd saying this was all a meaningless hoax.

He also foresees little trouble with economy if we get out there again in a month or so as long as banks are willing to loan. Unlike a depression, these were healthy businesses earning profits a few months ago. This shouldn't be risky loans for banks then. The biggest thing then is will people get back out and populate these places again.

His biggest concern is our distribution network, which is a mess. See the masks, ppe, etc. We are really just blindly cranking stuff out now because we really have no handle on what we really have. It's OK to do that at this point but is very inefficient and needs to be fixed going forward.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe that's because we stop making things in the USA

Apr 7, 2020, 9:12 AM

30+ years ago and now depend on others to supply us.

Possibly we can go back to being a country that makes stuff again.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It is a hope only at this point but I do think to your last point

Apr 7, 2020, 9:17 AM

That this is a wake up call. I think you emerge from this stronger than you were before by shoring these things up, lessons learned. Sad it took this many deaths to make it happen. You also sit back and see some of the creativeness that Americans have. And how quickly companies can make a difference. But what if two weeks ago 3M starts cranking out masks for us and Apple cranks out the shields and GM cranks out the ventilators.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It is a hope only at this point but I do think to your last point

Apr 7, 2020, 12:33 PM

I am bothered most by politicians who put party above nation. When we should be coming together to find solutions to our problems, we see those who want to place blame for every conceivable issue. Let's find solutions and then we can look back and see where mistakes were made. We should be deeply concerned when we have to rely on China for so much of our medicines and medical supplies. The loss of much of our manufacturing base over the past years has been exposed during this Pandemic. If these issues are not addressed, we will find our nation in deep trouble.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 2:22 PM

Joe I think almost all politicians have shown that recently. Very little difference in the parties in spite of what they try to say about each other. They are worried about themselves and being reelected only.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 7, 2020, 2:24 PM

Further with regard to US Congress they exempt themselves from just about every law they pass for us. Why do we let them get a pass on that?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't wait for the football board to go back to...football***

Apr 7, 2020, 9:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: I can't wait for the football board to go back to...football***

Apr 7, 2020, 11:07 AM

YES! The best post of the day!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting observations from Scott Adams

Apr 7, 2020, 2:19 PM

Dr. Drew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsVRA485Go0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,969
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive