Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interesting Thought About Renfrow
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Interesting Thought About Renfrow

Apr 15, 2019, 9:58 PM

This might have been mentioned before - don't know.

First, congrats to Hunter Renfrow & wife Camilla on their marriage.

The thought is - SHOULD Renfrow decide someday that he'd like to coach - I could easily picture him as the guy who replaces Dabo on down the road.

Dabo, I hope, will coach for a long time. Someday though, he'll retire. Dabo & Renfrow are a generation apart. Well, if Dabo retired say - mid-60s to around 70 - and IF Renfrow got into coaching (which I think he'd be great at) - could ANYONE be better than HR13 to fill those shoes?

I'm thinking Hunter could be like a Dabo clone! Of course it all depends on what he wants to do - but I think he'd make a 1st rate HC at Clemson - - on down the road...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting Thought About Renfrow

Apr 15, 2019, 10:07 PM

That's very hard to argue with ... so I won't. Have no idea what his thoughts about a coaching career are. I feel like he will play several years in the NFL ala Adam Humphreys before he needs to think much about that decision.

Apr 15, 2019, 11:12 PM

He may still be in the league!

Is there any indication that he would want to coach?

Apr 15, 2019, 11:49 PM

Or even be good at it? Like what's that assumption based on?

Re: Is there any indication that he would want to coach?

Apr 16, 2019, 2:24 AM

Based mostly on a hunch. Renfrow's really smart and "football smart" too. He's like Dabo - gets what he wants & goes about it the right way, even if it's tough. His character, like Dabo's, is solid as it gets.

He learned what a great HC is by playing for one, earned his spot, and his path so far is greatly similar to Dabo's. I think Renfrow could be a super recruiter - like Dabo. I believe the guy could ascend to the top in anything he chooses. Maybe he'd choose coaching. If so - I bet Dabo would hire him in a minute.

It would certainly be up to Hunter, but if Dabo gave him an opportunity, I think he might give it a try. Kinda like Stallings steered Dabo into coaching.

Let's say all that happened, and Renfrow turned out to be great at coaching and was passionate about it - would CU fans love any choice more? Of course I mean - a good number of years from now as far as a "HC" offer.

Apr 17, 2019, 11:42 PM

But, but, but...can HR13 dance as good as Dabo ???

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 7:42 AM [ in reply to Is there any indication that he would want to coach? ]

He played for his dad so he's grown up around it and seems to love playing. Other than that he's given no indication that I know of that he is interested

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Is there any indication that he would want to coach? ]

Yep he said he wanted to be a coach one day during a interview after the 16’ national championship

Apr 16, 2019, 12:15 AM

I actually hope he does coach. And I hope it’s at Clemson. Play a few years in the NFL and then come home.

Apr 16, 2019, 5:43 AM

Boulware needs to be his DC!!!!

I love the sound of that!!***

Apr 16, 2019, 6:26 AM

Apr 16, 2019, 6:35 AM

I guess if you assume the 1000 things needed for this to happen all fall into place at the right time it’s a possibility. My assumption is Elliott or Scott or Venables would be the next man up. After that who knows

Apr 16, 2019, 8:35 AM

after "the catch" in the NC game...they asked him about his future and in his own humble way said the receivers around me are so great that I get lost, maybe some day I could be a coach))

Apr 16, 2019, 10:46 AM

My wife asked me where Camilla went to school and I said I would ask ???

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2019, 1:03 PM

Dabo has a long time to go and there are the assistants who would come first, but Hunter does have that Dabo like personality and connection with the players. Who knows? Play in the NFL a few years and he may not want to. Who would have thought Adam Humphries would sign a $34 million contract after being a free agent for a couple of years?

Apr 17, 2019, 5:04 PM

You might want to move that timetable up Guys! Dabo going be elected Governor then serve a term as Senator before becoming the President Of The United States!

Apr 17, 2019, 10:32 PM

Dabo is currently the premier coach in all of college football, considering Saban's age. This begs the question, does lightning strike twice..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic