Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Insight on SCar fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Insight on SCar fans

Dec 20, 2018, 6:27 PM

Occasionally I’m as guilty as anyone about caring what’s going on here in Scarville. Sometimes I feel like I’m in traffic fussing about rubbernecking only to slow down and gawk as I pass the scene. But I really wish there was more talk on here about the Tigers and less about the yard birds. Seems like a lot of discussion centers around their delusions and outlandish claims. Well I’m here to tell you they are having a big laugh at our expense.

A good friend of mine, and a fine fellow at that, told me a couple months ago that they understand exactly where they are in the big picture, and that they are never going to be better than Clemson or half of the SEC for more than a flash at a time. But what they really enjoy is tweaking us and making us spend our energy combating their chatter. “If you’re talking about us, you’re thinking about us.”

So I’ve been watching through that lens lately, and amazingly it has helped me avoid much consternation. Who cares what kind of cycle they’re riding, or how great their coach is going to suddenly be some day? They ain’t us, and they ain’t never gonna be us, so I say let them wallow, and (pretend if necessary) not to care. Sort of the opposite approach if you will. I NEVER talk trash to family, friends, or coworkers, and I think that bothers them worse.

Peace

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Re: Insight on SCar fans

Dec 20, 2018, 6:32 PM

So basically, they're making fun of our Ferrari and it makes them happy we make fun of their Camry because we're talking about their Camry? We're still gonna rev our Ferrari at their Camry because well, we have a Ferrari.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 6:45 PM

Actually, it is a 1972 Chevy Nova, kinda beat up.

Re: Insight on SCar fans- they're a 58 Edsel

Dec 20, 2018, 8:07 PM

and rusted out at that

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Insight on SCar fans- they're a 58 Edsel

Dec 21, 2018, 7:53 AM

72 Nova 4 Door, 2 door is a classic. More like a Yugo!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2018, 7:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Insight on SCar fans ]

Sort of. To use your analogy, they’re touting better gas mileage and saying they’re pretty close in speed, hoping to coax us into a race, only to sit still when we take off and laugh at how much gas we’re wasting.

They want to frame the argument to suit them. Don’t fall for it. Enjoy the Ferrari while gas is cheap.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Dec 21, 2018, 12:00 AM

I suspect you are giving them way too much credit. I generally avoid conversations about the teams w USuC fans, but when I am dragged into one I am certain that Clemsons success eats at their very being. I am almost surprised we have not witnessed mass suicides because that is a fragile group and they just aren't making much progress.

Dec 21, 2018, 12:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Insight on SCar fans ]

I suspect you are giving them way too much credit. I generally avoid conversations about the teams w USuC fans, but when I am dragged into one I am certain that Clemsons success eats at their very being. I am almost surprised we have not witnessed mass suicides because that is a fragile group and they just aren't making much progress.

"Insight" and "SCar" should not be used in the same sentence***

Dec 20, 2018, 6:38 PM

Dec 20, 2018, 6:44 PM
IMG_1137.JPG(66.9 K)

Here is a photo of how jealous they are of their big brother. Really pathetic.

Dec 20, 2018, 6:47 PM

In front of a dollar store none the less.

Dec 20, 2018, 7:51 PM

Eggs-act-ly. Never wrestle with a pig; you'll both get filthy but the pig will like it.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2018, 8:03 AM

" Sometimes I feel like I’m in traffic fussing about rubbernecking only to slow down and gawk as I pass the scene. " - ahhh - so YOU'RE that guy I had to wait on as I tried to hurry thru Columbia.

Actually, all the coot fans(relatives) that I know only talk about Wimmenz BBall, and I just ignore them as I grin and walk away.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic