Topic: In defense of D Rad giving Brad a bump in compensation
Replies: 13   Last Post: Mar 25, 2019 12:30 PM by: T3Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 13  

In defense of D Rad giving Brad a bump in compensation

[1]
Posted: Mar 24, 2019 11:51 PM

We (at least I did) had a really good chance of signing Zion and Brad was coming off a sweet 16 appearance with a senior team returning. I don’t blame D Rad for making that decision last year however it’s time to realize this is not going to improve long term and a new direction may be needed.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Well, his buyout was slashed from $3,000,000

[1]
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 12:14 AM

to $850,000 if he's terminated before April 30th.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Does anyone know for sure what his buyout is now?

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 12:27 AM

Those $850k and $425k reduced buyout numbers were from the 2017 contract extension through 2021. The 6 year contract extension through 2024 from last July included "changes to the buyout provisions and performance incentives" according to the Independent Mail but I can't find the actual buyout numbers anywhere. Someone linked a much higher number in another thread and I hope that isn't true.

It looks like if anything will be done, May 1st is the date***

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 12:35 AM

2019 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Photobucket

Re: Well, his buyout was slashed from $3,000,000

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 9:07 AM

And well worth it.

The buyout reductions happened in 2017

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 12:30 PM

with that extension. He got a new one in July of last year but all it says online is 6 yrs and $15 million. Also says there were changes to the buyout provisions and performance incentives but those "changes" cannot be found anywhere. I've searched everything.

It's doubtful that he agreed to a new 6 yr deal and didn't give himself any more protection than $850k this year and $425k next year. Someone linked the USAToday coaches salary database and it shows a buyout of just over $5 million as of now. Supposedly they get their info from contract requests. I hope that number is wrong, because we are stuck if it is. It would make sense because it's basically 2 years of his new salary. If DRad and the compensation committee agreed to that, then they should get booted as well.

Re: In defense of D Rad giving Brad a bump in compensation

[1]
Posted: Mar 25, 2019 12:21 AM

Zion signed with Duke before the extension.

2019 student level member

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 8:07 AM

That is true. He signed about 2 months before the new contract was announced. But, that contract was 'in the works' for 4 months. I don't know what, if any, impact Brownell's contract situation had on Zion's decision since 1) Zion was obviously a '1 and done' guy and 2) Brownell was obviously coming back for the 18-19 season after going to the Sweet 16.

Clemson has to make a decision on Brownell. I imagine Dabo has a voice in that conversation. He's historically been a supporter of Brownell. But there's only so long you can support a coach that can't get you in the top 30 programs and regularly loses to mid-major programs.

Several games this year, the team completely shat the bed. It was 100% on the team. But, at the end of the day, it's all about the W's and the L's. And that rests on the shoulders of the head coach. It might be unfair and Brownell might be unlucky. But he owns that record and decisions are made on those facts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

I like Dabo but he should have absolutely no voice in

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 9:11 AM

this whatsoever and I doubt he does.

I get it from DRad's perspective. It's all part of the game

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 4:28 AM

you have to play these days. Have to have coaches extended through the next recruiting class or kids won't sign with that coach. And like you said, coming off a sweet 16 with 4returning starters, you thought there might be momentum.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 6:01 AM

Wasn't DRad the one who hired audra smith? I can't remember.

Perhaps more disturbing to me, wasn't DRad who gave her a contract extension?

Fire DRad, Fire BrownL, Fire Batson

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 7:41 AM

nm

He also hired Paul Johnson at GT and

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 8:43 AM

Killed a once proud GT basketball program.

He did. And he gave her an extension as well.

Posted: Mar 25, 2019 9:26 AM

Dan Radakovich is a facility builder.

Replies: 13  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 in Sec UO asking 1500 each, email if interested.

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Football ]
Start New Topic
1108 people have read this post