Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In Natty..With TL16 on his normal game, a TE threat over the middle & ETN running more..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,026

In Natty..With TL16 on his normal game, a TE threat over the middle & ETN running more..

Jan 27, 2020, 5:15 PM

do you think Tiger Team could have been more competitive til end of game..

or do you think JoeB & LSU were just unstoppable?

I say a 7 point gap but still a loss.

Of course, our O having 10 three & outs killed the D and just by making 4 more 1st downs (thus making it a respectable 5 of 11 on 3rd downs) could have been saving grace.

Yep, LSU won fair & square when it counted and congrats to a team who beat 7 teams ranked in top 10 (or was it 8!).

Side note: Clemson’s being up 17-7 was largest lead all year a team had over LSU in 1st qtr, but it didn’t stop them.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Natty..With TL16 on his normal game, a TE threat over the middle & ETN running more..

Jan 27, 2020, 5:19 PM

I still hang onto Nolan's potential pick six and the tee touchdown that was called back. Huge

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In Natty..With TL16 on his normal game, a TE threat over the middle & ETN running more..

Jan 27, 2020, 5:40 PM

IMO, NT only had about a 10% chance of making that pass breakup into a Pick 6, so you can't call that missed opportunity a gamechanger.

But the two misguided flags against Tee took 10+ points off the board.

I agree that we had very little chance of winning. Once Burrow and Chase got in rhythm it had a domino effect on all our coverages, and they were able to run the ball to keep everyone off balance.

All 3 of our natties vs Bama were like heavyweight fights. In a heavyweight fight, I want to see both fighters land some of their best punches. I want to see both offenses and both defenses demonstrate the skillsets that got them to the championship game. But that didn't happen this time. Even when our Tigers were scoring, I thought we were throwing jabs. We were running reverses, a hook and ladder, throwing to the TE over the middle, winning the punting game--who was that team in orange?

Then we gave up 2 scores in the final 4 minutes of the half. That's our modus operandi. Notwithstanding the score, we were in trouble; LSU was playing our game better than us.

We could do the coot or Buckeye thing and pretend that all the breaks went against us, so that next time we just know the breaks will all go for us and we'll win; or we can do the Dabo thing by congratulating the other guy and then work like demons to remove all doubt next time.

Jan 27, 2020, 6:03 PM

Even so, interception with plenty of yards after into their territt. Not making excuses just said they were game changing plays

Jan 27, 2020, 6:40 PM

You're right and RW is wrong in one aspect. We were beat up on D and didn't have the championship D that we needed. It's unbelievable what we were able to do on D. CBV had to roll the dice and we came up empty on D. playcalling on offense could have been better. It's like we panicked on O and took us out of rhythm. We weren't taking what the D gave us. Trevor didn't have his best night but our receivers weren't getting separation either.

Trevor needs to polish his D reading some as well as working through his progression. In that respect, I think our schedule did hurt us. Even in games against inferior talent our receivers had some trouble with separation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to Re: In Natty..With TL16 on his normal game, a TE threat over the middle & ETN running more.. ]

Right, but if you watch NT's break on the ball from the camera view behind him, you'll see he was off stride and off balance, reaching over his head on a hard-thrown ball that he was coming back to.

IMO, even Tee drops that ball.

Good play, great instincts, just didn't work out.

Jan 28, 2020, 6:58 PM

Understand. Tough play to make. No blame on 24 here

If, might, woulda', coulda', shoulda',

Jan 27, 2020, 5:21 PM

Bulls**t. We lost to a better team on that day. Get over it.

Jan 27, 2020, 5:23 PM

Tbh when we penned them deep 3 times in a row then had 3 and outs and only got like 7 out of that I think hurt a lot. Trevor just looked off but I did wonder why they went away from Galloway after 2 big catches. Idk if it would have changed outcome but I think we def could have won. Another thing was that terrible Offense PI on Higgins that took away a TD that would have made it 42-32 with 11 mins left. After the the offense looked defeated. There were a lot of things we could have done but at the end of the day LSU was better that night. Go Clemson!!

May have helped take advantage of the first quarter

Jan 27, 2020, 5:41 PM

Field position more and provide a bigger lead. No telling how a 17-21 pt deficit would have affected Burrow. If the shoe had been in the other foot in the first qtr, we would have lost by at least 28. Have to acknowledge that also since it is all hypothetical

Clearly they were stoppable. We could have won.***

Jan 27, 2020, 5:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If my uncle had nutts he would

Jan 28, 2020, 10:51 AM

Not be pushed around by my aunt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

If Ifs and Buts were Cheese and Nuts, none of us

Jan 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

would ever go hungry. I accept the fact that we got beat by what on that particular day was the superior team. The very fact that even the excuse makers are saying we would have had to execute near perfection to make a game of it tells you that is true.

But, we have some serious horses that will be on the field next year, and, like General MacArthur, "We Shall Return."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,026
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic