Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Important series this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,279

Important series this weekend

Mar 23, 2018, 1:54 PM

The team needs to get that confidence back and know they are a Top team in the ACC.
It’s very early and 4 games a season does not make but teams that will go far hardly lose 6-7 games in a row.
I believe we have good enough pitching to keep us in the games but somebody has got to get that 2 out hit .
With most good pitchers, as long as they are winning it’s hard to beat them.
But you get that big hit and get them behind, they pitch different.
Beer, Williams , Davidson and Jolly its time to show some leadership and get it going.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Important series this weekend

Mar 23, 2018, 2:46 PM

Like to see Monte just print out your OP and tape it to the dugout walls up there in Louisville.
Very inspirational .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Mar 23, 2018, 2:50 PM

we need to win this series!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 4:19 PM

^^^^+1 ^^^^

I meant to add that too. We do need to win the series for confidence boost but it won't define their season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 4:18 PM

I think this team can be a good team but Monte's playing a lot of young guys at different positions. getting a lot of experience for the future. Not saying he isn't trying to win every game but imo he's looking more towards the future than the present.

When you listen to his pressers he talks a lot about the other team having good all around baseball players that are athletes and I can see that's where he's putting a lot of emphasis in recruiting. Someone posted Tuesday night that they were at the game and it looked like ccu wanted it more - that's bs. Not sure you'll see a lot of raw emotion from the players - Monte tends to want his team to be lose and just enjoy playing baseball. We may go through a couple losing streaks and growing pains. I still think we're 2-3 years away from being a great baseball team but I tend to think once we get to that level, we'll sustain it. Much the same model that Dabo has built.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even with losing 7 in a row, we come out at 16-8...

Mar 23, 2018, 4:28 PM

If you can win 2/3 of your games, we leave the ACCT 40-20. That's a hosting record. Not trying to make light of our potentially terrible skid, but it won't be a season breaker. We do need to rebound this weekend though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,279
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic