Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Imagine this scenario: In the Championship game w/3 seconds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Imagine this scenario: In the Championship game w/3 seconds

Dec 14, 2018, 5:00 PM

to go from the 5 yard line, Trevor Lawrence finds.....

"Hunter Renfrow!, little man makes ANOTHER enormous play to win the game over Alabama AGAIN!"

Big Game Hunter would go down as the ALL-time Clutch receiver in College FB history.
He would likely be voted in the College Football Hall of Fame.
He already holds the career CFPlayoff Touchdown reception record, does he not?

Fun to dream. If it becomes reality I will come back to this post next month!

Honestly don't care who or how as long as we win!

Message was edited by: ALLweatherfan®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"The one who thinks we can and the one who thinks we can't are both right! Which one are you, son? Which one are you, son?"

His third TOUCHDOWN OF THE GAME!!!!!!!

Dec 14, 2018, 5:51 PM

If we are dreaming, let us dream legendarily!!!!!!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Imagine this scenario: In the Championship game w/3 seconds

Dec 14, 2018, 6:41 PM

That would be incredible. You'd HAVE TO make a movie out him if that holds true. Just thinking about it though, is making me wish for it to happen.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 14, 2018, 9:32 PM

better for my heart if it puts us winning by 24 pts

In your scenario, HR13 becomes Laettner-like

Dec 14, 2018, 10:07 PM

Despite Christian Laettner's aptitude at generating hatred, he was also a historically clutch college b-baller. Such a performance would put HR13 in rarefied air. For reference, see below excerpt from Laettner wiki-bio:

Team's star player his final two seasons, he led Duke's first two national titles. A four-year starter, he contributed to runner-up finish his sophomore year and a final four appearance his freshman year. Thus, in total, he played 23 out of a maximum possible 24 NCAA tournament games, winning 21; both are records.

NCAA tournament records:
Most points scored: 407[6]
Most free throws made: 142
Most free throw attempts: 167
Most games won: 21
Most games played: 23

Clutch performances:
His most famous was 1992 regional final against Kentucky, which was foreshadowed by the 1990 regional final against UConn; in both games Duke trailed by one point with two seconds remaining in overtime before Laettner swished a jumper as time expired. He also swished game-winning free throws against undefeated and heavily-favored UNLV in the 1991 semifinal, which avenged UNLV's 30 point victory in the 1990 final. He then led Duke to its first championship, defeating Kansas in the final, and was honored as the tournament's most outstanding player.

Laettner is known for his back-to-the-basket, turn-around jumper that ended intensely competitive 1992 regional final, a game many critics rate among the greatest in college basketball history. He shot a perfect ten of ten field goals and ten of ten free throws for 31 points. He then finished his college career by leading Duke to its second consecutive national title. The following year ESPN awarded him both "Outstanding Performance Under Pressure" and "College Basketball Play of the Year" for Kentucky game, also awarding him "Outstanding College Basketball Performer of the Year". In 2006 The Best #### Sports Show Period ranked it the fifth most memorable moment in sports history.

Not a bad comparison for HR13 … go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 15, 2018, 8:47 AM

As much as we all love Hunter & would enjoy seeing him be the hero one more time, I'd really rather be up at least 10-12 with 3 seconds left on the clock. :)

I vote for a Wilkins to Big Dex touchdown pass.

Dec 15, 2018, 9:03 AM

Hunter had his moment(s) and Trevor will have his.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic