Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m trying to take the high road on graduate transfers
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1,194

I’m trying to take the high road on graduate transfers

Jul 16, 2019, 7:44 PM

So, I’ll just say, while technically not a transfer, Garrett Williams has handled his departure from his team with class and dignity. This unselfish, mature young man will make one heck of a marine officer. There were no “business is business” cryptic text, no media stories, he sought no attention or spotlight, no “recruiting visits” with prospective suitors and most of all, he kept his ego in check. He is and will always be a Clemson man of the highest order. I could say more but then I’d have to leave the high road and take the transfer portal to the low road...not today, There is something way more important, there is a Marine on deck....God Bless this young man and God Bless America.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m trying to take the high road on graduate transfers

Jul 16, 2019, 8:03 PM

Amen!

I didn't realize he was transfering. I though he was injured

Jul 16, 2019, 8:07 PM

and was retiring early to go to the Marines.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I didn't realize he was transfering. I though he was injured

Jul 16, 2019, 8:28 PM

He was never considering transfering. He simply graduated and had a 5th year to play if he wanted to, but he let the coaching staff know immediately after last season that he most likely was not coming back because he wanted to focus on preparing for the marines and not injuring his knee again playing football

I think the gist of the thread is that some players can walk away from the football program with a bit more grace than others.

say what you want about Feaster, but the young man graduated with a degree and won 2 national championships. Not many people can say they did the same. It would hurt big time to see him be a chicken, but these are 21 year old young men we're talking about here, let them live their lives.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1,194
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic