Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m not a big conference pride person,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

I’m not a big conference pride person,

Mar 23, 2018, 12:37 AM

but the ACC has shown time and again this year why it’s the best conference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have pride that the SEC has no teams remaining in it!!!

Mar 23, 2018, 2:29 AM

Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!! Beat Kansas!!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we talking about the same ACC?

Mar 23, 2018, 8:22 AM

The one whose conference champion lost to 16 seed UMBC? The same ACC whose conference tournament runner up lost in the first weekend?

The ACC is so bad I bet they won't even get more than 2 teams in the Final Four.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Are we talking about the same ACC?

Mar 23, 2018, 8:25 AM

yep, if you ain't first, you're something!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we talking about the same ACC?

Mar 23, 2018, 11:16 AM [ in reply to Are we talking about the same ACC? ]

Virginia always chokes in the tournament

Re: I’m not a big conference pride person,

Mar 23, 2018, 11:44 AM

UL, BC, UNC, UVA, and NCST sure try to let others have an argument tho.

Mar 23, 2018, 11:45 AM

Not sure it is clear cut that the ACC is better versus the big 12. Like the ACC, the Big 12 has 1 team already in the Elite Eight and 3 teams playing tonight.

Guess the action on the court the rest of the way will decide these best conference debates.

Mar 23, 2018, 12:03 PM

Apparently, someone gave me false information or the schools have changed their names. I was told the final four would be an all SEC party but I can't find any SEC schools even in the final eight. Did they pick up their toys and go home?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2018, 12:03 PM

Always pull for conference teams when playing outside the conference. No way it does anything but help.

We already know that’s the Coot perspective

Mar 23, 2018, 12:10 PM

But Thanks for telling us again Coot

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 26, 2018, 12:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m not a big conference pride person, ]

That’s some funny ####!

How bout now?***

Mar 25, 2018, 10:09 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: How bout now?***

Mar 26, 2018, 12:03 AM

Still think ACC is best conference in the nation, 4 teams in the sweet 16, 2 in the elite 8 ain’t too shabby. Even if they didn’t get a final 4 team, they sure came close, to getting not one but two

Hard to argue it wasn't the Big XII this year

Mar 26, 2018, 8:54 AM

Kansas in the final four, TTU and K-State to the elite 8. 4 teams in the sweet 16.

Couple that with ACC's champ losing to a 16 seed. UNC thumped by TAMU in the round of 32. Plus NCSU, Miami, and VT losing in the first round it was just an okay tourney by ACC standards. It didn't help that 3 of the 4 ACC teams advancing came out of the same region. FSU and Cuse overachieved for sure, but it certainly looks like the ACC lacked an elite level team this year.

Of course that can probably be said of every conference given that only Villanova seems to look like a consistent winner game in and game out. Had Duke not been matched up with an emerging Kansas team, they may have likely have made the final four as well. I'm still not sure how good that Michigan team is as they have yet to draw anything higher than a 6 seed thus far and they needed a miracle to win that game.

Re: Hard to argue it wasn't the Big XII this year

Mar 26, 2018, 1:35 PM

Everybody knew UVA's style would put them in close games time after time and they had the ball bounce their way the entire season in those situations. Also, soon as UVA's best player off the bench and best scorer/6th man of the year, I believe, was listed as out for the tourney, no one was picking them to go very far. I did have them winning 2 in my bracket but that was it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic