Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk

Sep 6, 2019, 7:08 PM

The few I’ve met are nice as can be. Maybe we shouldn’t be too hard on them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk

Sep 6, 2019, 7:14 PM

I'm sure you are being a gentleman. That's what sets us apart from those other fans to the south-east.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 7:21 PM

TAMU folks are good people. Have a BBQ conversation, always good for a laugh. Texans know what to do with a brisket, but they have no comeback for the fact that our BBQ traditions predate theirs by more than 100 years

Sep 6, 2019, 8:23 PM

how our BBQ was done is a sore subject to many. I wish this weren’t true because it really does highlight some real ingenuity and the beginning of some of the best pork there is. Out of adversity there is triumph!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 8:29 PM

my roommates & I in college station recently got a smoker! We're hoping to try to make some Carolina style bbq soon. What kind of meat/cut should we start with?

Sep 6, 2019, 8:36 PM

Well, the anatomy of a pig isn’t any different than a cow. All of the cuts are the same and the things that are tender on a cow are tender on a pig. Go with the fatty ones because they need to slow cook and render in order to be tender. Ribs, butts are good for beginning but when you are ready to graduate to Clemson status you cook the whole pig with the skin and head still on!

Re: Trade the head

Sep 6, 2019, 8:50 PM

for some hash. Helped cook a lot of hole hogs but don't remember doing much with the heads. Head cheese? Jowls, tongue, brains...meh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Yikes, a whole pig is quite the task! We are actually throwing a couple butts in the smoker at 2 a.m. to enjoy during our game. I'm not even sure what the huge differences in Texas and Carolina style are, but I already threw them in some apple cider brine and made a rub with salt, pepper, paprika, onion powder, etc. If you've got a website with a good recipe to point me to, that'd be great!

Sep 6, 2019, 9:24 PM

That’s impossible because it depends on what part of Carolina you are from. I’m from the Low Country so we use (and I’m partial to) a Vinegar based sauce. A Williamsburg County style Very thin. But some parts of the Carolinas start with a Mustard Sauce and it’s a spicy honey mustard. Not bad if that’s your thing. Then there is a heavier Ketchup (but not Kansas style)
This is close to the one we do and these boys have it going on.

sauce.https://barbecuetricks.com/whole-hog-at-scotts-bbq/

Sep 6, 2019, 11:11 PM

This looks like a great one to try and I'll take your word for it.

And as for the jackalopes (jack-a-lope), yessiree we do! There's nothing like throwing a couple of hind pieces and some onions and potatoes in the crock pot before church. Just last season a buddy of mine got a 10 pound, 9 pointer ;)

Sep 6, 2019, 11:16 PM

We prefer snipe here in the upstate. Need to get someone to take you snipe hunting too.

Sep 7, 2019, 1:27 AM

haha oh my gosh, believe me, I've taken a couple friends on a good snipe hunt. Still haven't been able to get one yet though! :)

hey Zeb, I was just wondering

Sep 6, 2019, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Do y’all eat them “jack-a-lopes” out there in Texas?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 9:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Zeb, I would love to give you my Apex NC style vinegar based sauce recipe; but I simply can’t. I’m from upstate S.C. but know a fella. I can tell you it has mostly white vinegar, some ketchup, brown sugar, butter, and spices. There’s an element of heat to it as well.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Boston Butt is the way to go, I look for them on special, makes a great sandwich and inexpensive.

Sep 7, 2019, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Boston Butt is the way to go, I look for them on special, makes a great sandwich and inexpensive.

do a couple of pork shoulders***

Sep 6, 2019, 11:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is pretty much the recipe and method I use

Sep 7, 2019, 8:03 AM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/pork-butt-smoke-spice-renowned-mr-brown/

I have modified it here and there (starting with a spicy or yellow mustard similar to the second link):
https://www.virtualweberbullet.com/pork-butt-slathered-mustard-rub/

I do a similar rib rub and smoke, don't have a link for that one though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Wow!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 7:39 PM

As an aggie, we try to be the friendliest, classiest bunch of fans you'll ever run up against, we can handle some joking and smack talk too though! From what I hear, Clemson is very much the same way: good folks, passionate, like a little argument at times, but we have our values right at the end of the day.

Sep 6, 2019, 8:23 PM

^^^^^^^ Somebody give that man ^^^^^^^^^
and Orange shirt with a Paw on it.......or a $2 bill or something.

Sep 6, 2019, 9:32 PM

I got a $2 bill from a Tiger last year in College Station, I can led it to my Aggie buddy if it helps...

Sep 6, 2019, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

You keep talking nice you may get a few more thumbs up

Sep 6, 2019, 9:23 PM [ in reply to Re: I’m in Greenville now, bunches of aTm folk ]

Alpha, that’s a true Clemson fan statement. Very similar bases as far as fan hood. Everyone has their fringes, just smile if you encounter those ne’er-do-wells

Sep 6, 2019, 8:43 PM

Thanks for showing them respect and friendliness!

Sep 6, 2019, 10:55 PM

A&M has alot of great fans..really good people.

We've been really nice to the SEC teams.

Sep 7, 2019, 5:16 AM

We haven't beating any one of them by more than 35 points in years now. I agree, keep AnM within 30 points cause they are good people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 8:02 AM

As for me, having lived in Memphis and enjoyed the best-tasting BBQ that ever touched my lips, I just consider BBQ in SC as "okay" and "filling" but not really tasty. But, that's just my opinion.

I'm okay with Aggie fans. They are probably some of the nicest fans that we will meet this year.

Ever slow-smoked in a pit...?***

Sep 7, 2019, 10:37 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 7, 2019, 8:35 AM

Every aTm fan I've met have been 100% classy, and I have a lot of respect for the football team as well..........BUT.........This thing will be over in the 3rd quarter.

Sorry Aggie fans, today is not the day.

Oh.. And what I respect the most about their fans is they are Aggie fans through and through, not "SEC fans" like the rest of the conference.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic