Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm here to take accountability!!!
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1
   | View Original Thread |

I'm here to take accountability!!!

Nov 25, 2018, 10:19 PM

I see there seems to be a lot of angry folks on the board, and someone asking me to take accountability and delete an article and bunch of nonsense. I've been so busy holding little Eli and trying to get the snuggles I missed from working all weekend that, quite frankly, I've missed most of it. But some of it has seeped through and before I go back and put him to bed, I will say this:

Back in 2011, a lot of Clemson fans were angry about another loss to South Carolina and not really focused on the pending ACC Championship against Virginia Tech. And Dabo Swinney went on the offensive is his now-legendary rant, and it took all the heat off his coaches, his players, and put it on a villain. People forgot about the loss to South Carolina and started talking about the rant, and Clemson went out and destroyed Virginia Tech. It worked to perfection.

Fast forward and he's had a few moments like this, where he deflects attention from one thing and puts it somewhere else and he can go in and get his team ready to play the next game. He's done it once again, and since he said this no one has really talked about Bentley throwing for 510 yards or the 600 yards given up by the defense....it's directed elsewhere. He's smart. He knows what he's doing, and of course, he isn't going anywhere.

As for the article, I heard a Clemson fan say that and I was simply stating I thought it was interesting that people see the program in this light, that when you don't play well and win people wonder about things. Heck, I wasn't the only one that wrote something similar, but he jumped all over that one. I work for TigerNet, but I do you and myself and the coaches and players a disservice if I am a "sunshine pumper." There are other websites for that...complete with clickbait and ignorance. My job is to set the stage for how some were feeling - go look at Facebook and Twitter during the 4th quarter last night and you'll see that many were angry - and to ignore that is me not doing my job.

I asked him the first question on the call tonight and asked him to recap what he saw on film from the game – and he answered me. Then went off on his mini-rant. He wasn’t asked about anything until later in the call when Eric Boynton asked him about it, to kind of double down on his comments. And he kinda went off again. It was epic. So for anyone to implicate I asked him about it or asked him about what the fans said is ludicrous and was stirred by another ignorant media person. Don’t believe me? Go listen to the call – the proof is there.

Best Is the Standard is on all the walls around here - and when that Best disappears it's ok to question why. And if his getting angry is a steppingstone to another ACC title and playoff berth and a chance at a title, I am all for it. If I have to play the villain, then I am ok with that, too. Dabo and I have a great relationship and this won't change that. Trust me on that. Hope you all have a great night - I have to go back and make sure this 8-week old terror gets his bottle and goes to bed on time. Being a new dad at my age is tough!

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Hall of Fame - Tiger Boards Hall of Fame
add New Topic