Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat

Feb 23, 2018, 8:29 AM

Like TOTE1 was talking about yesterday. You never really know what your reaction is going to be when the situation occurs.

Even though this guy had years and years of training, he still froze. And to be honest, I probably would have too. Not to mention we are asking this guy to go confront a guy with at least one rifle along with body armor (did he have on body armor?) with a service pistol. This would have most likely led to the SRO's death.

I just can't bring myself to blame the guy.

But this does highlight the problem with arming teachers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

agree

Feb 23, 2018, 9:16 AM

guy sounded like a glorified crossing guard, and probably landed in that job because he was incompetent as a actual police officer

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat

Feb 23, 2018, 9:22 AM

I am glad you admitted that you are a coward, just like the cop. Sorta reminds me of the coward in "Saving Private Ryan". Lets recap here the cop was carrying a loaded pistol with probably 15 rounds of 9 mm, 40 or 10 caliber ammunition, he also most likely was equipped with at least two additional pistol mags both containing 15 rounds. This gave the cop 45 opportunities to take out the piece of #### shooter. No he took a defensive position (hid) for a full four minutes maybe more. The total time involved in the shooting was 6 minutes, the shooter then ditched his equipment (no body armor) escaped, but was captured about a mile from the school.

The cop should have responded immediately to the first sound, the fire alarm, he would then have heard shots and been able to locate the shooter and engage him!! We will never know how many lives he could have saved do we? He could have lost his life yes, but are you going to tell me his life was more valuable than the people he has there to protect? Ask one of the parents that lost a child.

A long forgotten procedure for cowards was to paint a yellow stripe down their back, both he and you should be sentenced to wearing the cowards brand for life.

If you are indeed a football coach and I, had kids in your school I, would not want them around you or anyone like you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You and Irmotig would make a great couple***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't know the cops situation.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat ]

Not everyone is a brave hero like you are who is willing to throw his life away at any moment. God I admire you.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat

Feb 23, 2018, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qi6tshsXVUk

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Grow up.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat ]

I know you're an old man, but still. Grow up.

You sit behind a screen and lob jabs and thumbs down when someone say something you don't like. You pretend you're a tough guy on here, which means I can pretty much take it to Vegas that you're anything but that in person.

Could this cop of have stopped him? Maybe. Even with his gun (and it was likely a higher caliber as I don't think a lot of police carry 9mm anymore), we don't know for certain if he could have won against the guy with the AR-15.

Sure, he should have gone in. Obviously he failed at his job and shouldn't be an officer anymore. You aren't a tough guy, you've never been in that situation before, and you don't know how you would act no matter how much you want to pretend you do.

And if there's a Vegas line on who would protect a group of kids better between you and FBCoach, I'm going with the Coach.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I even threw in extra typos and errors just for you, Purple.***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:48 AM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Grow up.

Feb 23, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Grow up. ]

I am really a quite peaceful individual, until someone attempts to do harm to my loved ones or me. A word of advice don't try it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL....

Feb 23, 2018, 11:45 AM

lol

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't worry, I won't.

Feb 23, 2018, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: Grow up. ]

Not really a violent dude myself. But maybe stop pretending to be one online.

Re: Don't worry, I won't.

Feb 23, 2018, 4:20 PM

I am not a pretender, I can and will defend my family, if we can escape we will; however if we are cornered the perp will soon find out he/she chose the wrong person. That is all!

Re: Grow up.

Feb 23, 2018, 11:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Grow up. ]

I'm sure someone on tigernet was going to

Feb 23, 2018, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: Grow up. ]

Track you down and kill you. But now that you've warned is, you are safe.

Are you this big of a tool in real life or is this an act?***

Feb 23, 2018, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat ]

You a bad ####. I'll bet you are stronger

Feb 23, 2018, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat ]

than the average male.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You a bad ####. I'll bet you are stronger

Feb 23, 2018, 4:31 PM

Don't claim to be superman, I am not Hulk Hogan, nor any other super hero. What I am is someone that will defend his family to the death if necessary. It becomes more and more obvious that quite a few of you would cut and run and not defend your families. I really do not care what you think of me or call me because you think more of yourselves than any other person on earth.

You truly are a POS***

Feb 23, 2018, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm having a tough time making the cop into the scapegoat ]

as stated elsewhere, the armed cop at Columbine exchanged

Feb 23, 2018, 9:22 AM

fire with the shooters at the beginning of their spree. It did no good.

I did not know this***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:25 AM

I thought the deal in Columbine was that ....

Feb 23, 2018, 10:01 AM [ in reply to as stated elsewhere, the armed cop at Columbine exchanged ]

the cops stayed outside, which led to a rethinking of how to deal with an active shooter situation.

Re: as stated elsewhere, the armed cop at Columbine exchanged

Feb 23, 2018, 10:47 AM [ in reply to as stated elsewhere, the armed cop at Columbine exchanged ]

The facts are: The "Armed" officer assigned to Columbine was eating lunch in his car. The perps started shooting outside the cafeteria, the officer (1) exchanged gunfire with Harris from a distance of 60 yards (4 shots) extremely long distance for a pistol. Harris then entered the building, another motorcycle cop (2) arrived from nearby after hearing someone had been injured at the school. He fired three shots at Harris through a broken window in a door. Neither officer took any additional action. officer 1 could have used his vehicle as a shield to get closer to the school allowing officer 1 and 2 at least a chance to to enter the school and they didn't.

The time line here is: Klebold and Harris started shooting outside the school at 11:19 AM. By 11:30 AM 4 additional officers arrived on the scene. A sheriff's spokesman asked why the six officers did not enter the school? He said I can't answer that question. Between 11:19 AM and 12:08 PM when Harris and Klebold killed themselves, they casually strolled around shooting and returned to the door at least once and fired at the six cops outside. The first organized team (SWAT) entered the building at 12:06 PM and did not discover Harris's and Klebold's bodies until well after 3 PM.

Here again we have six on the scene officers that made absolutely no attempt to enter the school to take on the shooters. A total of 49 precious minutes passed before they killed themselves.

definitely not a scapegoat. Its sucks he didnt help

Feb 23, 2018, 9:28 AM

but i wouldn't hate on the guy. I actually feel bad for all the hate he's gonna get. If it was one of my dead, that would be understandable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: definitely not a scapegoat. Its sucks he didnt help

Feb 23, 2018, 9:37 AM

I am sure he feels bad enough about it

Sad situation.***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:37 AM

Very spot on with your last line

Feb 23, 2018, 9:40 AM

I'm also having a hard time attributing the blame or cause to any one person or thing.

There are a lot of factors that led up to all this.

Which goes back to my fear that it can't be stopped.

Not sure how that supports his last line

Feb 23, 2018, 12:45 PM

I think you're right that these things are just going to happen as long as school shootings are a cultural meme. For whatever reason, schools have become a venue for crazy/angry people to let their rage out violently. There may not be any one thing we can do that will keep school shootings from continuing.

However, while armed teachers might not be able to stop a shooting, the idea is based on the belief that empowering more people to stop a shooter is better than only allowing one or two people to be armed. To me, that seems to increase the chances that somebody armed will be able to do something.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump just blamed him by name and said "his name needs to

Feb 23, 2018, 9:41 AM

be out there."

Funny the fervor that the right has with wanting to crucify

Feb 23, 2018, 9:43 AM

This cop.

Quite a change from some past rhetoric over the last few years.

Yep, this guy obviously should have never been on that job. And maybe more people died as a result. But we really can't tell at this point. For all we know, it could have brought the death toll to 18 instead of 17.

Maybe because it hurts the good guy with a gun theory*****

Feb 23, 2018, 10:04 AM

Re: Maybe because it hurts the good guy with a gun theory*****

Feb 23, 2018, 11:05 AM

He was not a good guy with a gun, he was a coward with a gun.

Maybe his bone spurs flared up?********

Feb 23, 2018, 11:16 AM

I don't think you can assign the fervor as...

Feb 23, 2018, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Funny the fervor that the right has with wanting to crucify ]

"coming from the right". It's coming from both sides, as it's disappointing that the cop didn't do what we would have hoped any cop would do.

It also bothers me that opponents of making our schools more defensible and having more protection in schools would use a single incident of a cop not doing his job as evidence that armed security in schools is not the answer.

Re: I don't think you can assign the fervor as...

Feb 23, 2018, 5:01 PM

See my reply about Columbine in this thread.

If true, that is just gross.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Trump just blamed him by name and said "his name needs to ]

Can't think of a better word to describe that behavior from the President.

Sigh...

SCOTT PETERSON***

Feb 23, 2018, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Trump just blamed him by name and said "his name needs to ]

Sucks having the same name as that wife and baby killer******

Feb 23, 2018, 9:56 AM

Read this document.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:46 AM

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/966854507744374784.html

Miami-Dade and Broward County LEO's had an agreement for over a decade to not engage or arrest students to improve school board numbers and garner more funding for the school and LEO's.

When you've been training your police officers to not engage students, even when they do things like commit armed robbery (detailed in the above report), they likely wont engage here.

Besides, the officer was at a tactical disadvantage.

This needs to be spread far and wide.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:56 AM

That cop was never going to get out of his car. Broward County LEO is a corrupt cesspool. I posted this earlier but it needs to be its own thread. Good find.

Also, maybe the cop thought he was outgunned.

Feb 23, 2018, 9:49 AM

Remember this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_1IvZFwj0M

Thats the impression that I get

Feb 23, 2018, 9:53 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIGMUAMevH0

Hard to blame him, but he needs to find other work.***

Feb 23, 2018, 10:26 AM

Re: Hard to blame him, but he needs to find other work.***

Feb 23, 2018, 10:33 AM

This seems to be the reasonable position. He doesn't need to be burned at the stake, but a less stressful line of work may suit him.

Though in a lot of cases like this, some fault likely lies with his employer for failing to train him to handle such a situation. An improperly trained officer would likely have just been the 18th dead body.

I don't think it's taken seriously enough yet.

Feb 23, 2018, 10:41 AM

So much attention goes into trying to have certain weapons banned, that the more obvious and realistic options are given lip service, at best.

It should be extremely important to our society that our kids are safe. Banning guns is not a serious effort at that. But having properly trained officers at schools (at least 2) and making sure that the background check system is operating effectively and having serious security features in schools would probably eliminate at least 90% of school shooting deaths.

Stopping mass murderers completely is impossible, but its not impossible to end school shootings.

How will we completely stop school shootings?*****

Feb 23, 2018, 10:49 AM

I said how in my last post. 3 things.

Feb 23, 2018, 10:54 AM

If we add in a 4th of banning people who are taking SSRI's to have access to guns, then I think we have a good chance.

Not going to blame him for the kids dying, but...

Feb 23, 2018, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Hard to blame him, but he needs to find other work.*** ]

I think it's fair to say that he did a #### poor job and shouldn't be a cop.

He could be a Mt Pleasant cop.

Feb 23, 2018, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Hard to blame him, but he needs to find other work.*** ]

I bet he is hell on illegal boat trailer parking and golf cart riding in the snow.

Kind of interesting what people wil do in life and death

Feb 23, 2018, 10:45 AM

situations. There is a great Oscar winning documentary called the Fog of War. In WWII when we sent our bombers in we would have a 20% abort mission rate. Some pilots were too terrified and would abort their missions. It's easy for some to give this cop a hard time, but it's easy for us to say what we would do never being in that situation.

There's a good movie called Force Majeure that explores this

Feb 23, 2018, 12:41 PM

It's about a family that goes to a ski resort where there's an avalanche. The father hides as the avalanche approaches, but the mother protects her children. Lots of questions ensue.

As far as WW2, didn't we figure out that a lot of soldiers in combat never fired their weapons?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are cops trained to force rush an active shooter?

Feb 23, 2018, 1:42 PM

No idea what real training looks like. From the movies, they tend to create defensive positions or shoot from a distance until backup or a better plan arrives.

Trump would have charged in there.*****

Feb 23, 2018, 1:46 PM

Captain Bone Spurs is a real toughie***

Feb 23, 2018, 1:51 PM

Re: Captain Bone Spurs is a real toughie***

Feb 23, 2018, 4:41 PM

Whats your specialty??

From everything I've read, they are

Feb 23, 2018, 2:33 PM [ in reply to Are cops trained to force rush an active shooter? ]

The sheriff specifically said that the training was not to wait.

I definitely feel for this guy, because I wouldn't have wanted to run in there not knowing what the situation was, and 4 minutes is not a lot of time to make up your mind. Still, it does sound like he went against his training.

Re: From everything I've read, they are

Feb 23, 2018, 4:52 PM

It takes a man to face his demons, If you do not have the courage to do so you are a coward. Unfortunately due to the wussification of the American male by the left there are more cowards today than men.

Feb 23, 2018, 8:27 PM

I'm guessing this coward had in his 32 years of service and really thought he'd rather be around to enjoy his retirement .

Feb 23, 2018, 9:14 PM

Would you have the balls to make that statement to any of the relatives that lost someone?

Feb 23, 2018, 9:54 PM

Well , no . Why ?

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic