Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm going to get hammered for this, but I'm going to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

I'm going to get hammered for this, but I'm going to

Oct 22, 2017, 9:54 AM

Post it anyway. If we can really really get the O rolling and secondary plays disciplined I think we can be vey good. That being said, something about this team just gives me an uneasy feeling. I knew life after DW4 was going to be hard, but this year I just don't have the confidence I have had in the past. I do love seeing the run game come alive, but feel with all the WR talent we just aren't putting them in a position to shine. Also, I've watched several teams run the screen and we may be the worst. Just throw it out of the playbook. Anyway, I'm rooting for my boys win or lose. Just rambling.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm going to get hammered for this, but I'm going to

Oct 22, 2017, 10:01 AM

I can't disagree, but we did not look like world beaters until after the Pitt game last year. Maybe we will show more of what you are looking for after the break. I too do not feel like the receivers are in sync with the offense ... maybe just not getting the plays in to take advantage of their skill.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point on the slow start on O last year. Hopefully

Oct 22, 2017, 10:04 AM

They can ramp it up.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:05 AM

I think our defense will be lock down the rest of the way and the offense is going to do what it is capable of.
I also expect Dabo to go for it on fourth down with any field goal longer than 35 yards.

That uneasy feeling would be injuries.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:09 AM

KB2, ETN, Edmond, and big Dex aren't healthy and we have no kicker.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Obviously. We're not as good this year and we lost a lot.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:09 AM

We don't have the same offense. Give us Deshaun Watson, Gallman, Leggett, and Mike Williams and we would be great again. We're still searching on O and Bryant is no Deshaun. That was always a given though. Hopefully we can gel at the right time though and get into the playoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If not successful to our high standards this year...

Oct 22, 2017, 10:20 AM

then "wait till next year".

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am thinking we need TL running the show, before...

Oct 22, 2017, 10:27 AM

we become champs again. I don't see us having the offense generally or experience on O to win it all. You never know though. Anything can happen. I am not remotely stressed about this season though. I am just so confident in the future that it is not the end of the world to me what happens this year, as long as we beat the Coots.

I get the dude is good, but I'm not into waiting for a hd prospect to be our savior.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:59 AM

We need a complete team with quality game plan amd execution and we can beat anyone.
We have the injury bug and are trying to overcome it.
This team may not go to CFP, but NY6 is completely reasonable.
If we can get a kicker, we may find ourselves playing in ATL in Mid January.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I am thinking we need TL running the show, before...

Oct 22, 2017, 12:04 PM [ in reply to I am thinking we need TL running the show, before... ]

How do know TL can play at the level? KB has played very well up to the point check the stats and compare thru 6 games vs last year

Because I know. It's extremely obvious.

Oct 22, 2017, 2:46 PM

he will be a top 5 pick in the NFL draft at worst when he comes out of college. The only question will be who ends up being the greatest of all time at Clemson, Deshaun or TL.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:21 AM

I have an uneasy feeling too. I do think our D will get it together. I think a big part of the SU debacle was the speed with which they ran their offense. Nobody else on your schedule can do anything like that. But our O worries me. Have they gained confidence or lost it? I do like our chances against GT as CBV seems to have that O under his control so-to-speak. But I'm very worried about NCSU.

Oct 22, 2017, 10:23 AM

So , since 1990 your confidence has been high ...but now that we've lost 2 games in the last 13 you're gonna let the bowels go ?
Come on B9 , this team is one of the top in the country ...and we're about to show that to the non-believers all over again .
Trust in Dabo ...for he is good .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I'm all in with my Tigers win or lose. Just

Oct 22, 2017, 12:18 PM

Posting thoughts on the bored. Go Tigers! Beat the Nerds.

Agree with everything you said. If our O gets

Oct 22, 2017, 10:53 AM

going, we could be the most dangeous team in the country. I thought our defense was hands down the best, but we made Syracuse offense look great and Miami made Syracuse offense look like Syracuse. Also, when you're sitting there watching the offense sputter for 2-plus quarters against Boston College, Wake and Syracuse, something is wrong. Not sure how we got so bad at the screen, but we are bad at that. Throw the ball down the field, or run it.

We need to start blowing teams out.*****

Oct 22, 2017, 10:55 AM

Yes, I'm for letting the reserves play because it gets

Oct 22, 2017, 2:32 PM

improved depth, and morale and prevents injuries. However, maybe our starters are getting a little rusty by losing that time and not conditioned to play the entire four quarters. What needs to happen is exactly what you say. We need to create distance and blow people out while the defensive starters are in there. Blowing out the other team creates confidence in our players and adds an intimidation factor to future opponents.

Oct 22, 2017, 11:01 AM

I agree with what you've said bc, IMO it's the truth. But I never thought that we would be a championship team every year. We do have a DW4 #2 like QB coming in, and IMO he has a better arm in the passing game, and he is 3-4 inches taller and can get away from a rush and bye time to sling it complete down field with strikes to any place on the field. IMO, the biggest advantage that DW4 has on Trevor Lawrence is, DW4 runs like a good RB, but there isn't enough difference in their speed to make a big difference. If TL will put 20 more pounds on his big frame, I think that he could also be a bruiser runner just as DW4....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 11:04 AM

I think it is a very legit concern. Hopefully in the self scout ScElliott realizes that the WR screen is a waste of a play. We do not have the WRs to block for it. Just run the ball.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 11:34 AM

This is the first Offense that our OC's have called play for that did not have Watson at QB so that is my biggest concern.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 12:09 PM

I don't know. I honestly before the season began had chalked this season up to a rebuilding year. I did not think we would have lost to Cuse, but preseason I thought we would lose to Louisville. I guess we are actually doing as well or better than I expected.

Oct 22, 2017, 12:28 PM

Don't try to lay all the blame on receivers. We have had numerous wide outs open in space and our chunkers can not get the ball to our catchers. Need I say anymore.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Take two aspirin and call me after the POC final rankings.***

Oct 22, 2017, 12:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2017, 4:14 PM

I think your post is spot on. But it terms of fan confidence, obviously people are going to feel differently. Despite the the proven talent on offense last year, I was less confident, because of all of the offensive turnovers.

It's true that our team is not perfect, and needs to improve in some areas, but the same is true of every other team. There is plenty of improvement that could happen at OL, TE, WR, RB, and QB. In my view, our team, players and coaches are still trying to figure it out. Regardless, I feel they just need to play efficiently enough on offense to allow our defense to shine.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic