Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 55
| visibility 1

I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They

Nov 6, 2013, 11:17 AM

play their "A" UGa-type game. Conner Shaw will light us up with run & pass, their RB's are better overall, their lines will negate or even beat ours, their Coaches will equal or surpass ours in strategy, their Fans will be louder, they will have the home-field advantage and have a 4-win streak going.

Forget the possible higher ranking going into game (talk to Missouri Tiger Team about that). Going to be a tough game to win, BUT I feel Clemson Team is capable of winning IF they play some mean smart football.

GoTiGERs..keep plugging, getting better & beat GT & The Citadel on way to Willie B Stadium!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they play like they did against MSU then we beat

Nov 6, 2013, 11:32 AM

them by 2 touchdowns.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

if they play like they did for half of their games this year

Nov 6, 2013, 12:18 PM

we beat them! If we play like we did for half of our games this year, they beat us!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If our lines keep playing like they have been we will get beat again***

Nov 6, 2013, 11:38 AM

Re: If our lines keep playing like they have been we will get beat again***

Nov 6, 2013, 12:16 PM

What's your problem with our D Line? I'm proud of em myself.

I Wouldn't Call the UGA game an "A" game...

Nov 6, 2013, 11:50 AM

we certainly weren't anywhere approaching perfect. Our DL won that game.

But, agree that SC is better at most, almost all, position groups.

Re: I Wouldn't Call the UGA game an "A" game...

Nov 6, 2013, 12:00 PM

I don't understand... When have you seen anything that would give you the idea that South Carolina is better at any position this year? Have you actually watched them play?

Re: I Wouldn't Call the UGA game an "A" game...

Nov 6, 2013, 12:33 PM

you're kidding right?

what position groups would you trade ? i think we are

Nov 6, 2013, 12:49 PM

better across the board. davis might run for a few more yards than hotrod, but he'll also miss more blocks in pass pro. that is the only group i can even think of.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what position groups would you trade ? i think we are

Nov 6, 2013, 1:13 PM

OL, TE, RB, couple weeks ago I would have said WR, but we've finally started playing as a unit.
QB is debatable.
DL is debatable. Say what you want about Clowney, but he is as disruptive as they come.

Your Davis/McDowell comp is way off. They aren't in the same league (and I've been a Hot Rod fan since his Sumter High days)

so, their true freshman running back, is as good as our

Nov 6, 2013, 3:09 PM

grad student rb, at picking up blitzes, and chipping on pass routes ? te is a push, i can agree with that. ol of either team has not overwhelmed me, so i am not just going to give them the benefit of the doubt . qb debatable ? come on. boyd's name is/has been mentioned for the heisman and a higher round draft pick, shaw, well not. dl? teams also plan against vic, who is leading the country in sacks, and our team is leading in sacks as a team. you sure you just ain't giving them the credit 'cause they are sec, or currently on a 4 game streak against us ? i'm sure not.

Re: so, their true freshman running back, is as good as our

Nov 6, 2013, 4:59 PM

Davis is a sophmore

my statement still stands. i watch y'alls games,too. i just

Nov 6, 2013, 5:29 PM

don't try to remember all the players grade levels like i do the tigers players.

I agree - 4th Q of LSU game = A game. UGA = B+ game.***

Nov 6, 2013, 12:25 PM [ in reply to I Wouldn't Call the UGA game an "A" game... ]

Re: I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They

Nov 6, 2013, 12:08 PM

If you disagree with Op then show it...I tend to agree with him based more on home field adv when pitting fairly equal teams

QB - push
RB - USC
Oline - USC
WR - Clemson
TE- USC

DLine - push
Linebackers - Clemson
Secondary - Push

Special Teams - Clemson (Catman is top 5 in the nation)

Pretty even if you ask me so home field will play into the outcome

Still stand by earlier statement if Clemson beat UGA they would beat USC

Nov 6, 2013, 12:16 PM

I could see that. However their offensive line has not impressed me this year. And quarterback I would say clear advantage clemson. Teams have shown as of late that if you can stop mike Davis and keep Connor shaw contained and hit him in the mouth, their offense struggles. Tennesee did it, Mississippi state did for a bit but their quarterback threw a bunch of stupid picks. After what I've seen from them this year I honestly don't see any reason we shouldn't win by 2+ touchdowns.

dang, hillbilly b, i am beginning to like the way you think.

Nov 6, 2013, 12:52 PM

i agree with your assessment of the situation.

Re: dang, hillbilly b, i am beginning to like the way you think.

Nov 6, 2013, 1:28 PM

Me too! I haven't seen the coots look all that impressive, yet this year, except they hung in there and let MO give the momentum and thus the game away. Not saying coots aren't any good, nor that they can't win, but they have not lit up the world like some seem to think. To think Davis is superior to Marshall and Gurley is very questionable, IMO, though Gurley may be hurt now. He wasn't when we played.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no way QB and Dline is a push

Nov 6, 2013, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They ]

Tajh is an all american, connor shaw isn't even top 3 in his conference and well the Clemson is #1 in the nation in sacks

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

I give us a 25% chance. Their coaches and players

Nov 6, 2013, 12:18 PM

understand the importance of this rivalry. I don't think ours do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

That was the same excuse that the SC fans used to

Nov 6, 2013, 12:22 PM

use on their message boards when we were smoking them in the early 2000s.

More likely, we were just better than them back then and they have just been better than us recently.

the talent is a toss up and they definitely have us on......

Nov 6, 2013, 12:29 PM

coaching

hence why each of the last 4 years we've been BEATDOWN by double digits..........and yes last year was a beatdown considering they came to our house at night w/ a backup QB

Our players crumble under the pressure to beat them every year

this season is a failure if we don't beat them this year

Who says we crumble under the pressure? I think it

Nov 6, 2013, 12:42 PM

would be more accurate to say we crumble at the LoS every year. That's why they've beaten us handily 4 straight games. They have just owned the trenches.

that same LoS went up against LSU and while.......

Nov 6, 2013, 1:19 PM

Tajh was getting hit all night long the rest of the team STEPPED UP............the rest of the team never steps up vs South Carolina regardless of which position groups are weak

LSU didn't control the ball against us like SC has.

Nov 6, 2013, 2:13 PM

You can attribute that to whatever you want, but we won the LSU game b/c our D kept getting off the field to give the ball back to the offense.

Re: I give us a 25% chance. Their coaches and players

Nov 6, 2013, 12:24 PM [ in reply to I give us a 25% chance. Their coaches and players ]

I humbly disagree, I think Georgia tech would have a better chance than 25%. The team has had to deal with the repercussions of losing to them for 4 years now and if they didn't understand the importance of the rivalry they do understand that they're our only obstacle left to get a bcs bowl. South Carolina is not still the team people think they are, I can't wait for the opportunity to expose them. Let's just hope we go out and keep our foot on the gas and not do any of this bs getting up by a 10 then run half back draws and try to coast our way to a win.

Re: I give us a 25% chance. Their coaches and players

Nov 6, 2013, 1:33 PM [ in reply to I give us a 25% chance. Their coaches and players ]

You can't mean that, now. Granted, I think it was the case in the past, but I seriously doubt this game means more to them than to our team or our fan base now. No way, Jose'!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2013, 12:26 PM

I only look at QB based on system. Obviously Tajh is great and has all the records Connor Shaw understand his game plan and has 1 int on the season plus is undefeated at home something ridiculous like 18-0

Tenn and Miss St had multiple 300 lb D linemen subbing in and out and shut the o down. Unless Clemson finds several 300 lb linemen I wouldn't compare what Tenn or Miss did. I would however say Mizzou had small faster D linemen and shut them down too that is more like Clemson

I would maybe change that and say push / lean toward Clemson on QB

Now D line has to be a push due to them having Clowney. Whether you like it or not teams double and triple team him and every coach admits they gameplan for him, run away from him etc. That changes the game, when Chad can't call a certain play he wants due to having clowney on the other side, it makes a difference. Internet fans look at 2 sacks, coaches look at how may players they use to block him the majority of the game

Clemson is playing better D this year when compared to last year, USC is playing worse D compared to last year. I think that is due to freshman LBs more than a poor Dline

Nov 6, 2013, 12:45 PM

So this is my famous first post here. I lurk a lot, but have never posted. I dont see you wining this year, but am willing to concede there is always a chance that you might surprise me. We could stink it up on the field as we have been known to do but I doubt it. I think the last night game that we lost at WB was in 2010 against Arky?? So you could win, but its not real likely.
Not hear to argue, but you guys are smoking crack if you think Boyd is as good a QB as Shaw. Put down the crack pipe and the Urange Kookaid. Boyd will collapse, just like he always does when he gets under any pressure at all. And Shaw will not let you Taters beat him in his last regular season game. No way. No how. And Spurrier vs. Yabba Dabo Doo? Please. Bring it. Heres to an injury free game and Fear the thumb, cause its coming.....

Nov 6, 2013, 12:59 PM

Maybe you should learn to spell, get back on your leash and lurk again. Tajh boyd is considered a high choice at quarterback in the draft and Connor shaw is not. You rednecks were throwing him under the bus, bitching about how you wanted Dylan Thompson to start a few weeks ago, now you think he's an elite quarterback? Please. No one but delusional South Carolina fans think he's at best a pretty good quarterback.

I "Fear" it because of where it's been. Call that "coming"?***

Nov 6, 2013, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2013, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They ]

Nov 6, 2013, 1:41 PM

Many on here speak without knowing very much about the game. You seem to have just nailed one of them.

UGA's offense is far and away better than USC

Nov 6, 2013, 12:27 PM

The only difference is that Shaw has the potential to run. He just hasn't done it much recently. He's using his legs to extend a play.

Nov 6, 2013, 12:33 PM

I think season is a failure if a loss this year is a bit strong, however, the wins against teams with winning records will take a huge hit

I think the improvement of the D and the loss of key players on USC D and their decline on D will be the difference.

Connor Shaw and Tajh are doing their same thing from last year so the O should be any different

Venables makes his mark this year and an improved D gets it done

Nov 6, 2013, 2:07 PM

> the wins against teams with
> winning records will take a huge hit

That's what many aren't seeing when predicting a win on 11-30. The only teams played so far with winning records are UGA, FSU and Maryland. Only one of those teams is currently ranked and we know what happened there.

For the most part, the schedule is not a strong selling point for a high BCS ranking.

Re: I'm giving TiGERs 45% chance to win at Willie B UNLESS They***

Nov 6, 2013, 12:46 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 6, 2013, 12:48 PM

A lot of people on this board must watch a lot of #### because there sure is a lot of #### envy in here

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

omg i agree with deroberts***

Nov 6, 2013, 12:49 PM

My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament.

Nov 6, 2013, 1:21 PM

Shaw is like 18-3 as a starter so you can understand why USC fans would say he is in their system as equally important and good as Tajh is in Clemson's

I doubt any real football fans would knock Connor Shaw on anything. Actually look at his stats, he is completing a higher percentage than Tajh and his int ratio is much better

Tajh is great but for USC Shaw is no Garcia, Blake Mitchell etc, he is special to that team

Nov 6, 2013, 1:35 PM

If Vandy and Kentucky can go into the Roach at night and score at will..I have no doubt Tajh will be on a mission this year and will beat the c0cks (pun intended) and hand them their first loss at home, I can't wait!!!

Gurley was hurt in the UGA game

Nov 6, 2013, 1:45 PM

He pulled his quad or something like that after the long TD rush and that's why he was limited to 12 carries.

Nov 6, 2013, 2:13 PM

Who have they beaten?!!! ......Crickets

Wait...An overrated Missouri team with a lucky FG miss at the end!

Great posts from all sides. For the first time in 3 years..

Nov 6, 2013, 2:17 PM

I do think Clemson has the slightly better team, but I think only slighty, and Boyd is yet to play well against SC, and while losing 4 in a row certainly motivates it unfortunately may have become a monkee on the back hurdle. Also there is some home field advangage. Clemson can be more explosive on offense, but SC has a better chance of controlling the ball. Both teams have looked bad at times, but obviously both teams are good. 50/50 I say, but 45% may be correct.

Nov 6, 2013, 3:27 PM

Whoever brought up schedule is really getting into the dirty stuff neither fan base wants to look at

As we sit here today

USC has ugly losses to 2 unranked teams

USC has wins over Vandy, Kentucky, a Bad Arky team, UNC, Miss st - not what anyone would call world beaters

USC does have questionable wins over UCF and Mizzou which nobody really knows if either are that good

Clemson has no wins against currently ranked teams and a blow out loss at home to a very good FSU team

Clemson has wins against 2 teams with winning records

Clemson is however ranked in the top 10 win only 1 loss

Should be a great matchup

Oh Hell no We winning thos one!

Nov 6, 2013, 3:33 PM

nm

Nov 6, 2013, 3:38 PM

Thanks for being honest, Bill! Now let's focus on our next game!

No way

Nov 6, 2013, 3:44 PM

QB is a push. No disrespect to Shaw but Tajh is a good bit better. When did Shaw become as good as Tajh? Because he brought them back against an overrated Mizzou team with a backup freshman QB playing?

I feel vindicated in that "Tree" says 45% chance too! Ha ***

Nov 6, 2013, 4:09 PM

GoTiGERs..keep whipping #### BoyS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's quite the reach sgt tiger

Nov 6, 2013, 4:13 PM

That McDowell is a better rb because is pass pro?

Fortunately Davis is superb at that as well as carrying the football.

Boyd and Shaw are a push because neither team would trade their qb for the other.

Boyd is a fine qb but he doesn't do the things we ask Shaw to do.

i said davis may get more yards, you must also look at the

Nov 6, 2013, 5:34 PM

carries. and if you are saying that mike is as good as hotrod in pass pro, you are clearly just drinking the cock-juice.

Nov 6, 2013, 5:17 PM

Yes sgt tiger, Davis is better in every aspect than McDowell. His only knock last year was pass blocking and that is an area he has excelled at recently. Hence why Davis will not be a "grad student" rb, he will be in the nfl before he has a chance to graduate.

Nov 6, 2013, 5:18 PM

Oh go beat on your drums

and kiknchickn

Nov 6, 2013, 5:21 PM

How come you count your win against uga as a win against a ranked opponent but our loss to them is a loss against an unranked opponent? UCF is not questionable, they single handedly stopped terry bridgewaters heisman campaign and louisvilles undefeated team. Also mizzou has basically the exact same resumè as Clemson.

Nov 6, 2013, 5:32 PM

Your statement can stand and still be wrong. In 35 carries do you really think rod could make up 400 yards? Even other Clemson fans would agree Davis is in a different league than rod.

Nov 6, 2013, 5:46 PM

I know every stat applicable to this situation. Let's look at common opponents for instance. Rod was 22 for 132 against uga, mike 16 for 147. Only one game this season has he even ran for more than 22 attempts in a game. Also, Clemson has given up 5 more sacks than USC this year. Not strictly rb related but it somewhat translates into we pass block better which includes the RB blocking and picking up blitzes.

Replies: 55
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic