Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm TigerTide... and today I have to pick a side.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

I'm TigerTide... and today I have to pick a side.

Jan 9, 2017, 12:38 PM

I grew up in the upstate, the son and grandson of Clemson men. My grandfather was class of '41, on the Cotton Bowl team and Walter Cox's roommate. Banks McFadden knew my name and Frank Howard called me "Bubba" and would get mad at me if I didn't come by his office when I was in town. My dad was a fraternity brother of Buddy Gore and Dave Angel's good friend. He also became the VP of Clemson and recently retired after being the driving force behind making Clemson a national brand.

My sister, neice, nephew and son all chose Clemson.

I went to Alabama. Whatever insults you throw my way are deserved. I've heard them all before... from my family.

Now that you know the background, let's move on...

Today I have a choice. I choose Clemson.

Having attended Alabama (Class of 92), I am intimately familiar with what being a Bama fan is all about. It's about the same thing regardless if the coach is Curry, Stallings, DuBose, Shula or Saban. It's about the same thing regardless of the players are Bennett, Thomas, McCants, CopelandCurry, Barker, Alexander, Ingram, Cody or Henry. It's about the same thing no matter who they play, what their record is or what Bowl they're in.

It's about hubris. It's about hubris they can back up, but it is nonetheless distasteful. Alabama treats the National Championship as an entitlement. No one can lay a greater claim, but this trophy has to be won. Every year. Alabama doesn't own it... and it can be taken away. By force.

It's time Alabama gave up that trophy and tasted some humble pie. They need to be shut up. Their act gets old, even for those of us who have allegedly ends to the Crimson and White. Let's make that happen tonight.

There is only one way to make this happen. Set aside the Sabah-manufactured "we are disrespected" talk. Take it for what it is. The ploy of a coach that is so negative that he doesn't know how to motivate a team he can't #### off.

Clemson is the underdog. Ask Vegas. Ask NFL coaches. Ask Bama fans. Ask history.

So what can be done? Simple. Pin your ears back and hit them with the shoulder that has the chip on it. It's time to dress up a giant mute button in shoulder pads and stick it in their mouths. Make them choke on it. Let them light up their message boards with hurt feelings and conspiracy theories about the officiating.

Now is the time. Tonight is the night. Time for someone else to TAKE the #### trophy.

I choose Clemson. I choose the culture. I choose the attitude. I choose the orange blooded family.

Spot the mutherfookin ball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am a bitter and angry man.

pigs of

Jan 9, 2017, 12:39 PM

wife?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great stuff, and you're right. I'm laughing at all this

Jan 9, 2017, 12:46 PM

"They have a chip on their shoulder" stuff. The arrogance you would need to be declared a dynasty and the best defense ever and still say "How dare Clemson make the trip to Tampa?" Or "How dare they only be underdogs by a touchdown?" I think they're offended that we didn't forfeit, or that we gave them a game last season. Amazing arrogance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I'm TigerTide... and today I have to pick a side.

Jan 9, 2017, 12:47 PM

Besides, if we win. Saben is at Bama another 5 yrs. If not? I see what you're doing. Lol

Nice, bro. Keep in mind most schools who use the

Jan 9, 2017, 12:54 PM

disrespected chip, manufacture it. Dabo is guilty of this also, but if the chip helps us win, no problem.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2017, 2:49 PM

This is absolutely the best post of the day, maybe of this entire season.

Welcome home, son.

Jan 9, 2017, 3:10 PM

You should be ashamed, traitor. Roll TIDE!

I saw this same thing on a bama board

Jan 9, 2017, 3:14 PM

on the person chose bama

Re: I saw this same thing on a bama board

Jan 9, 2017, 3:40 PM

Hard to believe that....you just can't simply switch the names and have reasoning still make sense. Clemson does not feel entitled.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic