Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we ever lose Scott or Eliot, and the odds are that we
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

If we ever lose Scott or Eliot, and the odds are that we

Sep 22, 2019, 5:48 PM

will, I would like to see Dabo hire the UNC Charlotte coach as their replacement. He appears to be a mini Dabo and could, in the long, long term, be Dabo’s potential replacement. What ye say?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we ever lose Scott or Eliot, and the odds are that we

Sep 22, 2019, 5:49 PM

His players talked more trash than most teams in recent memory. Let’s see how the next few years play out for him.

Sep 22, 2019, 6:02 PM

Examples? Right now I'm calling ########. I heard nothing but them being super polite and excited to play in Death Valley at night. I tried to find any players talking trash and found these quotes:

"If Clemson coach Dabo Swinney had a church, I’d be there every Sunday.” – Charlotte coach Will Healy

“I don’t think too much ahead. When it was App State time, it was App State time. When it was Umass time, it was UMass. Now it’s Clemson. We’re thinking of Clemson now.” – Charlotte defensive back Jacione Fugate

“It is a huge opportunity for us and it’s a lot of fun for me to be able to go compete against the best of the best. Let’s go play great football, let’s compete, let’s make sure that we don’t sit back and wait, because if you do the game’s over with.” – Healy

“I knew he was the best quarterback ever. Once he stepped onto the field as a freshman (in high school) he played with a chip on his shoulder. Then he worked hard every day in the weight room. He’s a leader and that’s what he showed at Clemson.” – Charlotte kicker Jonathan Cruz, who was a high school teammate of Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence

“We’re focusing on what we’ve got to do to get better. We’re just going to come in with a chip on our shoulder like we do every week.” – Charlotte running back Benny Lemay

“To me, the goal is let’s stay in there as long as we can and let’s see what happens. We’d better compete. I think our guys are ready for that.” – Healy

“It’s going to be a heck of an experience.” – Charlotte quarterback Chris Reynolds

Sep 22, 2019, 6:12 PM

They were very chippy

He's not talking about before the game in some press release

Sep 22, 2019, 6:34 PM [ in reply to Re: If we ever lose Scott or Eliot, and the odds are that we ]

He's talking about during the game. They were "chippier" than most team coming to the valley.

Sep 22, 2019, 9:36 PM [ in reply to Re: If we ever lose Scott or Eliot, and the odds are that we ]

The Charlotte players were the chippiest I have seen in DV in quite awhile. They pushed and shoved after plays to the extent I wondered our guys would get penalized for giving it right back. The coach may be ok but some of his players lacked disciple to a notable extent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2019, 3:30 AM [ in reply to Re: If we ever lose Scott or Eliot, and the odds are that we ]

I can confirm they were publicly consuming HAM sandwiches after the game. Ham F_____G sandwiches, if Ida had my sidearm on me...

Sep 22, 2019, 5:52 PM

I would think he is bound for a gig as a head coach at another program unless Charlotte flames out

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 5:54 PM

Nah, CBV by that time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 6:30 PM

Don’t make BV miserable. Let him continue loving his job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 22, 2019, 8:54 PM

You understand BV. He would hate that. There's nothing better than being the best in the world at what you are doing.

Richardson

Sep 22, 2019, 5:58 PM

would seem to be next in line. Dabo seems to like continuity and usually promotes from within.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

A little early to call that guy a mini Dabo...

Sep 22, 2019, 6:01 PM

just because he idolizes Dabo.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Streeter would be next OC, and

Sep 22, 2019, 6:07 PM

He is the most undervalued coach by Clemson fans.

That would be my guess as well. If Healy is successful

Sep 22, 2019, 6:27 PM

at Charlotte, he moves on to a bigger HC gig; he won't come to Clemson as an assistant. For years, everybody was after the next Nick Saban, and plucked from that tree. Now everybody wants the next Dabo. Funny thing is, one of Dabo's keys to success is retaining his coaches. Healy may be onto something, but Dabo is going to be harder to replicate and emulate.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Streeter would be next OC, and

Sep 22, 2019, 6:31 PM [ in reply to Streeter would be next OC, and ]

The Quarterback Whisperer.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 22, 2019, 6:27 PM

Didn't know Dab was leaving???

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 22, 2019, 6:37 PM

Does he have a proven track record as an OC and a play caller? I think Dabo's habit of promoting from within is good ... and that Streeter would be a good candidate as Elliott's replacement and bring in Spiller as RB coach. Think Scott will be around a lot longer than Elliot ... as he says "you don't mess with happy".

We may eventually, but who would want to parachute out of

Sep 22, 2019, 8:29 PM

this aeroplane right now, the way it's flying? Sure, they could make more money, but with infinitely more headaches and less job security. If they have any financial management at all, they are already set for life with what they make now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We may eventually, but who would want to parachute out of

Sep 22, 2019, 9:46 PM

Have any of these guys expressed a desire to be a HC? BV seems pretty averse to it. Maybe the OC's feel the same way. I wonder if it's more likely that, e.g., Streeter takes an OC position elsewhere (but carefully, since he has the luxury of being picky). Not expecting it; just speculating.

Sep 23, 2019, 4:59 AM

How about Streeter?

Sep 23, 2019, 7:38 AM

You do realize that t-net is in constant communication with our 2 OC's and recommends all the plays that they call - right?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic