Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If these reports about Harbison going after our recruits are
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 3,127

If these reports about Harbison going after our recruits are

Dec 13, 2012, 4:52 PM

true, then for whatever it is worth, i have a lower opinion of him. Dabo was a grateful former player of his , who gave him a job ....but it appears that Harbison really has his a$$ on his shoulders now , ...I am a little stunned by this ...even if things did not work out for him at Clemson, he has landed at a good place...how he can even take on the appearance of stabbing Dabo in the back like this says alot about the man, imho...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If these reports about Harbison going after our recruits are

Dec 13, 2012, 4:54 PM

it annoys me too. wish he had been fired as he should have for the sorry job he did with the secondary

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the end of the day , ...

Dec 13, 2012, 6:14 PM

he did do one sorry job in the secondary . Last year and especially this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody needs to knock out cheese's chiclets.***

Dec 13, 2012, 4:56 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2012, 4:58 PM

it is kind of an "unwritten rule" that Cheese is breaking!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2012, 5:00 PM

which ones is he going after

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2012, 5:04 PM

the 2014 db from Texas for one

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pfffft. I'll eat my boxers if that kid goes to Allbarn

Dec 13, 2012, 6:15 PM

Hard to steal a guy whos wanted to come to Clemson his whole life. Who rode a greyhound bus cross country just to camp at Clemson.
Good luck with that one.

Re: pfffft. I'll eat my boxers if that kid goes to Allbarn

Dec 13, 2012, 6:16 PM

i hope your right, but still, coach cheese is being cheesy, imho ....

Dylan Sumner-Gardner!!***

Dec 13, 2012, 5:19 PM [ in reply to Re: If these reports about Harbison going after our recruits are ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why would he not...thats part of why coaches try and get

Dec 13, 2012, 5:04 PM

other coaches who are good recruiters in their system so they can bring their recruits with them. It's happened every time a coach has left here.

It suks but its common sense that it would happen. You don't stop being competitive because your friend works at a place you used to. You try and beat him.

Re: why would he not...thats part of why coaches try and get

Dec 13, 2012, 5:31 PM

I disagree,you should show respect for the man that gave you a job first of all.That just shows Harbison has no character.Hopefully we get a better coach and man than he is

A recruit can contact most any coach at most any time....

Dec 13, 2012, 5:33 PM [ in reply to why would he not...thats part of why coaches try and get ]

If a recruit called harbison and said, coach, i cant stand the thought of going to clemson without you there, i never did like that place , it was all about you , ..then that is one thing, but for the coach to call a player after getting another job and cherrypicking committments to his former employer is not quite right ...he can go after all the juniors , etc that he wants, but to after these committments at the eleventh hour is just cheap ....and cheesy ...maybe that is where his nickname comes from..

Re: A recruit can contact most any coach at most any time....

Dec 13, 2012, 5:45 PM

If I'm a coach who has put in hard hours building relationships with recruits, it seems natural to test the waters to see how much these kids were committed to me versus the school I just left. Coach Harbison is a good dude. He has every right to recruit whomever he chooses. Any coaches job is to get the best players he can to sign and the. To do the best job possible helping them to perform on the field. We all know Coach Cheese's best quality is his ability to recruit, so he's got a job to do.
Best believe whoever becomes our DB coach will be doing the same thing with the kids they've been recruiting for the last couple years. Who knows, maybe we'll reel in a couple surprise recruits the same way and hopefully keep the ones we've got. It's just the nature of the business.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize it is the nature of the business......

Dec 13, 2012, 5:54 PM

but that does not mean that it has to be done that way , does not mean that it is supposed to be done that way, and does not mean that special situational circumstances cant be referenced to avoid it being done that way ....evidently , coach cheese doesnt see it that way ...and that changes my opinion of the fellow ...i can bet that Dabo wasnt quite expecting this and probably has similar feelings .....

Re: why would he not...thats part of why coaches try and get

Dec 13, 2012, 5:43 PM [ in reply to why would he not...thats part of why coaches try and get ]

only reasonable post on this thread.

Venables did the same thing

Dec 13, 2012, 5:48 PM

even brought LB that was already at OU

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Not quite the same...

Dec 13, 2012, 5:59 PM

the player wanted to transfer , period..and he was going to transfer, period...and was looking at other schools,period . ...he always liked venables, but was unhappy with oklahoma once he got there...this
exemplifies my original point , ....,finally, venables did not bring any recruits with him ...

It is part of the business***

Dec 13, 2012, 5:48 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 18
| visibility 3,127
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic