Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the football model really is to have 4 conferences...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 562

If the football model really is to have 4 conferences...

May 20, 2012, 1:32 PM

Then it is almost a given that each conference will have 16 teams given that the SEC is already at 14. It seems more rational that the big 4 conferences would total 64 teams rather than 48 or 56. With that as the premise, Clemson would clearly go either to the SEC or Big 12.

If the Big 12 moved to 16 with the earlier rumored additions of Clemson, FSU, Pitt, ND, GT & Miami, I would expect the SEC to go after VT, UNC and/or NC State. The Big 10 would likely then go after Syracuse, Maryland, Virginia & VT/UNC/NC State to complete their 16. It would be interesting to see how the PAC 12 rounds out their 16 (BYU, Boise State, ?, ?).

I would think that Wake, Duke, BC, UCONN, Rutgers & Louisville could be left out of the football world and relegated to A10 status as basketball only (all could be future Georgetowns). The fun part of this would be watching Duke and UNC's messy divorce.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the football model really is to have 4 conferences...

May 20, 2012, 1:54 PM

Miami is going to be interesting to watch. From the statements made by Miami's president it almost sounds like they're giving up on being a big-time football program and won't be joining the Big 12.

Duke could end up in the B1G, but could be left behind.

Wake Forest will be left behind for sure.

UNC, NC State, and Duke could end up in 3 different conferences.

Maryland's athletic program is in such bad shape that they could be left behind, or they could be saved by a B1G invite just because they add the state of Maryland to the TV network footprint.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 562
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic