Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

YOUR BALANCE
If the chickens lose to Tennessee this weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 3,302

If the chickens lose to Tennessee this weekend

Oct 22, 2018, 12:27 PM

They'll won't make a bowl game unless they get invited at 5-6.

They have to win 3 of these 5 games to be bowl eligible:

Tennessee
Ole Miss
Florida
Chattanooga
Clemson

The only winnable games are Tennessee, Ole Miss, and Chattanooga. I think they will only win 1 of the 2 between Tennessee and Ole Miss, but likely neither. Chattanooga won't be a cake walk either. They beat the Citadel this year so by the transitive property they are better than the coots. I'm secretly hoping they go 6-5 so they keep muscoot around a little bit longer

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the chickens lose to Tennessee this weekend

Oct 22, 2018, 12:31 PM

And I see no reason that they'll make up the Marshall game. If it matters to bowl eligibility, the NCAA would waiver it first and give it to them.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Marshall is 5-2. I don't think the coots want to risk

Oct 22, 2018, 12:33 PM

playing them. I think it would be a really close game.

I would laugh really hard, probably pee my pants, if

Oct 22, 2018, 12:59 PM

SCar opts to play Marshall, or whoever, to get bowl-eligible, and then, lose that game!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Marshall might not be an option for u5c...

Oct 22, 2018, 3:20 PM [ in reply to Marshall is 5-2. I don't think the coots want to risk ]

if Marshally can win its Division, they would be playing in the CUSA championship game the first weekend in December.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

If the coots lose to UTenn this Saturday, I will

Oct 22, 2018, 12:57 PM

personally dance in the street in my underwear.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: If the coots lose to UTenn this Saturday, I will

Oct 22, 2018, 1:13 PM

Please don’t send pics ..... it may happen!

Re: If the coots lose to UTenn this Saturday, I will

Oct 22, 2018, 5:42 PM

Pics or it didn't happen...

u5c had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee...

Oct 22, 2018, 3:13 PM

while the Vols were busy preparing for and playing Alabama. In addition, it's a home game for the Capons. Everything leading up to this game favors the WormPullers and it's a game $CU could win but I doubt that happens.

I see only two more likely wins for them this season;

Tennessee - likely loss (3 - 4)

Ole Miss - Although the game is in Oxford, Ole Miss is terrible and this is a game u5c could and probably should win. (4 - 4)

Florida - loss (4 - 5)

Chattanooga - win (5 - 5)

Clemson - loss (5 - 6)

If they mess around and lose to Tennessee and Ole Miss, which is entirely possible, they'll only win one more game this season to finish 4 - 7

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: u5c had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee...

Oct 22, 2018, 3:23 PM

Usuck should beat UT, but if they don't due to over preparation, injuries and other factors then I see them losing at Ole Miss and Florida. Where as they caught all the breaks last year I am feeling they won't for the remainder of this year. Little Jakie the flop isn't the QB their fans hoped he would become and if their receivers continue to drop easy throws then the latter half of their season will be long and painful.

They are picked to play a bowl game, but unless they beat UTC, Marshall and UT I do not see the chickens having the success needed to warrant a bowl game.

Go Tigers!

Oct 22, 2018, 3:35 PM [ in reply to u5c had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee... ]

BigCUFan® said:

UT is a 7.5 to 8 point favorite

You've got that backwards...South Carolina is a 7.5 point favorite. Tennessee is awful.

Oct 22, 2018, 3:59 PM [ in reply to u5c had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee... ]

2 weeks isn't going to do anything against 120 years of failure. I think Tennessee is the coots first real test in the fight of the raging dumpster fires of hope and disappointment. Tennessee has been slumming it against the century of dumpster fires. Sure, UT has had issues but their last 20ish years are still more productive than the last 120 years of coots.

We know that Muschamp can lose a locker-room, but a loss to UT would make him a well compensated daycare facility for dimwitted children. Coots have only beaten teams with a combined conference record of 1-9. Thank goodness that Coastal beat someone to make it a 1-for-something item.

Did they schedule a 12th game?***

Oct 22, 2018, 4:42 PM [ in reply to u5c had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 22, 2018, 6:44 PM [ in reply to u5c had two weeks to prepare for Tennessee... ]

Im hoping they lose all 5! Then 5head will have to flop his way back to Cootlumbia after we drop the 5peat to the 3rd degree on them!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Play Coastal Carolina to open and close the season

Oct 22, 2018, 3:21 PM

THAT'S THE TICKET!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: If the chickens lose to Tennessee this weekend

Oct 22, 2018, 3:25 PM

But ---but ---- but, they claim if they played our schedule they would be 7 - 0. It's easy for them to forget they played TA&M and lost and that was on their home field. Georgia Tech would destroy the coots and so would NC State.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u5c would be no better against Clemson's schedule***

Oct 22, 2018, 3:29 PM

I heard that NCST will now be available on Dec 1st

Oct 22, 2018, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: If the chickens lose to Tennessee this weekend ]

for SCar’s 12 game.

The Citadel would probably play them?

Oct 22, 2018, 3:40 PM

If I were the Citadel AD, I would call and make the offer, just so I could broadcast that they turned me down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

got a coot joke for you...

Oct 22, 2018, 3:48 PM

jake bentley.

Only a ##### would do that.***

Oct 22, 2018, 6:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 3,302
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic